Grim Range Blaster
The Grim Range Blaster is one of the nine weapons included in Sheldon's Picks Vol. 2 and was released on 8 June 2016. As its name implies, is a variation of a regular Blaster with shots that travel farther before exploding. As a tradeoff, this blaster has a lower rate of fire. It comes with the Burst Bomb and Killer Wail.
The Grim Range Blaster is a Range Blaster pushed to its limits. It's "totally metal", or so I'm assured. The black and green flame design is for squids who want their look to be as aggressive as their weapon. The Main works just like a Range Blaster, but the new Burst Bombs really amp up the splat speed of this set. The impressive range of the Killer Wail also adds a lot. Try this set out if you think you have a good feel for the range of a Blaster type weapon!(NA/EU/OC)[a]
|“||A Range Blaster remodeled by Sheldon. Between the Burst Bombs and the explosive main, this is a very aggressive set that can dispatch opponents with frightening speed.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA)[b]
|“||Introducing the Grim Range Blaster: a Range Blaster remodeled by Sheldon! Inklings have described it as "totally metal." Between the Burst Bombs sub and the explosive main, it’s truly an aggressive set capable of dispatching opponents with frightening speed.||”|
- North America, Europe, and Oceania
- North America
An Inkling running with a Grim Range Blaster equipped.
- The Grim Range Blaster is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 11% and ink tank capacity of 100% allows players to fire 9 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 10 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 15 frames to come out.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or use a sub weapon is 30 frames.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 60 frames between shots (1 shots per second).
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.4 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 70 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Each shot has a base damage of 125.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- Shots cannot ever deviate from the inner reticle while on the ground.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 8 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 50%.
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 10.8 units per frame for 11 frames, having an effective range of 118.8 units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 10.073 units if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- Ink droplets occur every 19 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 9 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 1 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 0 units, and a width of 10 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.2 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 13 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.2 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- The shot explodes 15 frames after being fired.
- The far damage radius of the explosion is 35 units.
- When the shot explodes on the ground or wall, the far damage radius is 17.5 units.
- The near damage radius of the explosion is 10 units.
- Damage from the explosion scales from 50 at the far damage radius to 70 at the near damage radius.
- When the shot explodes on the ground or wall, the damage scales from 25 at the far damage radius to 35 at the near damage radius.
- When the shot explodes in the air, it creates a splash of paint with a radius of 30 units.
- The radius of wall dripping paint is 10 units.
- The wall impact painting radius is 22 units.
The Grim Range Blaster is a main weapon with an aggressive design: just look at those green flames on that black background! Once you've reduced an enemy's health with the blaster, toss out a Burst Bomb to finish them off in a snap! Or sow chaos with the Tenta Missiles, then finish the job with the blaster while your enemy tries to evade the missiles! This set is waiting for someone with a burning passion to ignite the battlefield in an infernal whirlwind of nonstop pressure!
Names in other languages
Rongu Burasutā Nekuro
|Long Blaster Necro|
|Dutch||Duistere Teleblaster||Dark Teleblaster[note 1]|
|French (NOA)||Éclablasteur lugubre|
|French (NOE)||Éclablaster Nox|
|German||Fern-Blaster Inferno||Far-Distance-Blaster Inferno|
|Italian||Blaster a distanza dark||Dark distance Blaster|
|Spanish (NOA)||Telelanzamotas funesto||Fatal speck telelauncher[note 2]|
|Spanish (NOE)||Teledevastador tétrico||Gloomy Teledevastator[note 3]|
- "Teleblaster" comes from the Greek prefix for tele- (from a distance) and blaster
- "Telelanzamotas" comes from the Greek prefix tele- (from a distance), lanzar (launch) and motas (specks)
- "Teledevastator" comes from the Greek prefix tele- (from a distance) and devastador (Devastator)