- 1 Splatoon 2
- 2 Splatoon
- 3 Trivia
- 4 Etymology
- 5 References
- 6 See Also
The Slosher can be a brutal weapon in the right hands. It's basically a bucket of ink that you can toss straight at an opponent! Slosher-type weapons can do things other weapons only wish they could. It’s great for attacking elevated positions behind walls. It can’t fire rapidly, but if you combine it with the Suction Bomb’s explosion, you can defeat opponents without being seen! Reveal your opponents' locations with the Tenta Missiles, and then fire away! It’s a great weapon for Slosher newbs!
- ▼ Movement speed while firing: 0.50 → 0.40
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 190
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 190 → 180
- — Fixed an issue causing Slosher-type weapons to shoot ink from a higher position than they appeared to.
In Splatoon the Slosher is a bucket of ink that can be swung to splatter turf and enemies in a straight line. The trajectory of the ink can be adjusted to strike enemies behind walls. It's strong enough to splat opponents in only two shots, and comes in a set with the Burst Bomb and Inkstrike.
|“||A weapons-grade bucket that hurls ink straight ahead over an impressive range. By adjusting the angle, it can be used to hit opponents who are up high or even on the other side of a wall.||”|
— In-Game Description
|“||This might look like an ordinary bucket, but it’s actually a weapons-grade bucket! Hurl ink straight ahead over an impressive range, and adjust your angles to hit opponents above you or behind walls. The Slosher comes with Burst Bombs and the special is a hot pastrami on rye! Er, wait. Sorry. I mean Inkstrike. Got a little excited about today’s lunch delivery.||”|
The Slosher is the most basic Slosher-type weapon, able to filling a large amount of ink directly ahead. It's also remarkably effective at splatting opponents who are up high or behind a wall! The Slosher lacks rapid-fire capabiliteis, so the Burst Bombs should help out there! And the Inkstrike special can deliver a powerful blow to unsuspecting opponents as well.(NA)
The Slosher is the most basic Slosher-type weapon, able to fling a large amount of ink directly ahead. This weapon type is remarkably effective at splatting opponents who are up high or behind walls! However, they don't have any rapid fire capabilities, so the Burst Bombs should help out there! And with the Inkstrike, you can deliver a powerful attack to far-off opponents as well!(EU/OC)
- The Slosher deals more damage the farther away the ink travels, as opposed to Rollers and Shooters dealing less damage the farther the ink goes. In addition to this, more ink will be spread the farther away the ink travels, allowing for an easier time to hit targets. A close arched shot will deal 40 damage with no Defense Up or Attack Up perks, and a far arched shot will deal 70 damage. However, the Slosher will always deal 70 damage no matter the range if a direct shot is hit.
- ▲ Damage against Rainmaker shields increased by about 33%.
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- ▲ Reduced time needed to fire by about 20%.
- ▲ Reduced the amount of time a player suffers reduced movement after firing a shot by 26%.
- The Slosher was first discovered in the June 24th datamine.
- This weapon was later shown in a Japanese trailer detailing future Splatoon updates.
- The weapon was first revealed to be returning in a tweet from the official Splatoon Twitter account on the 24th January 2017.
Slosher is derived from the verb to slosh.
バケットスロッシャー baketto surosshā is derived from Bucket and the verb to slosh.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Morser||Someone who spills for instance a drink|
|French||Seauceur||Drencher. From "seau" (bucket) and "sauce" (drenching in this context)|
|Italian||Secchiostro||From secchio (bucket) and inchiostro (ink)|
|From ведро vedro, bucket, and gun|
|Spanish||Derramatic||Portmanteau of derramar (to pour) and automático (Automatic)|