The Kensa .52 Gal is a main weapon in Splatoon 2. It is a Toni Kensa-branded variant of the .52 Gal.
Kensa .52 Gal
The Kensa .52 Gal was announced on 4 December 2018. It was added to the game on 5 December 2018 as part of the Version 4.3.0 release .
- The Kensa .52 Gal is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 1.3% allows players to fire 76 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- When initially firing the weapon in kid form, the first bullet takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid form, the first bullet takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 9 frames between bullets.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.6 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 20 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- If a bullet is in the air for more than 6 frames after being fired, it loses 1.625 damage per frame until it reaches 26 damage at frame 22.
- Bullets have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 6 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 12 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Kensa .52 Gal starts off having a 2% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- This chance increases by 4% per shot, and maximizes at a 25% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle. Meaning that it takes 6 shots to reach minimum accuracy.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 40%.
- When not shooting, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle decreases by 0.5% per frame, if the chance is not already at the minimum. Meaning that it takes 46 frames to reach maximum accuracy. (76 after shooting while jumping.)
- Bullets initially travel at a rate of 22 units per frame for 4 frames, having an effective range of 88 units.
- After that, the bullet's velocity is set to 18.472 units if the bullet's velocity is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- Paint droplets occur every 55 units.
- The frequency at which paint drips from a bullet occurs at a rate of 2.4 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 5 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 19.7 units, and a width of 13 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.2 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 16.5 units.
- All other paint droplets have a radius of 13 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.2 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- ▲ Reduced the time to shoot from squid form by 1/60 of a second.
Names in other languages
.52 Garon Betchū
|.52 Gallon Bespoke
||Toni Kensa .52 Kaliter
||Toni Kensa .52 + kaliber (caliber) and liter
| Spanish (NOA)
||Salpicadora 2000 Tonken
||Toni Kensa 2000 Sprayer