Clear Dapple Dualies
Compared to the Splat Dualies, this weapon lets the player perform quicker dodge rolls and inflict more damage, but it has a shorter range and a shorter roll distance to offset its effectiveness in close quarters.
The Dapple Dualies deal enough damage to splat opponents in three hits, unlike the Splat Dualies and Dualie Squelchers which need to land four hits to splat an enemy. In the post-roll state, the weapon's firing rate is 20% faster than normal, and its accuracy is improved as well.
The Clear Dapple Dualies share their builds with the Dapple Dualies. However, the Clear Dapple Dualies are mainly transparent with white and lime green toothbrushes.
- The Clear Dapple Dualies is a lightweight weapon.
- The matchmaking range is 95. Splatoon 2 matchmaking looks at a team's average matchmaking range value, and matches them against a team with a similar average.
- The ink consumption of 0.663% and ink tank capacity of 100% allows players to fire 150 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 12 frames to come out.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or use a sub weapon is 4 frames.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 5 frames between shots (12 shots per second).
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.8 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 20 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Each shot has a base damage of 36.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 7 frames after being fired, it loses 2.25 damage per frame until it reaches 18 damage at frame 15.
- The bullet hitbox for collisions with players has a radius of 2.5 units.
- The bullet hitbox for collisions with the environment has a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 7 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 12 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Clear Dapple Dualies starts off having a 5% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- This chance increases by 3% per shot, and maximizes at a 40% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle, meaning that it takes 12 shots to reach minimum accuracy.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 40%.
- Accuracy starts recovering 5 frames after the player stops shooting. The chance to shoot towards the outer reticle decreases by 0.5% per frame, if the chance is not already at the minimum, meaning that it takes 75 frames to reach maximum accuracy.
- Shots initially travel straight at a rate of 17.8 units per frame for 3 frames. Shots travel straight for 53.4 distance units.
- After that, the shot's velocity is set to 17.635 units per frame if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it travels.
- Shots begin to lose damage after traveling for 7 frames.
- Ink droplets occur every 110 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 1 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 5 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 18 units, and a width of 10 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.2 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 16.5 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 13.5 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.2 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Each roll consumes 5% of the ink tank capacity.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- The player can roll 2 times without interruption. After this, there is a delay before the player can roll again.
- The Clear Dapple Dualies cannot shoot while rolling. Shots will only fire once the rolling animation is completed.
- After performing a roll, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between shots.
- After rolling, there is a 50 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Damage output does not change after rolling.
- The angle its shots can deviate in the post-roll state is 4 degrees.
- After performing a roll, the two individual reticles will merge into a single reticle and chance to shoot towards the inner reticle is immediately set to 100%.
- The full animation of the roll will last 20 frames before player control resumes.
- Upon regaining control, the player will be forced to maintain their position for 36 frames.
- The shot velocity and effective range remains the same in the post-roll state.
The Clear Dapple Dualies use the original Dapples as a starting point, but add a new loadout, enabling a new style of play in the process! Control the movement of your foes with the Torpedo sub, then zip into range and take 'em out with your main! You can also dodge roll like lightning into the midst of confused foes, then crash their party with the Splashdown special! For those interested in cleaning up the battlefield in a hurried blur, this is the set for you!
For competitive tips about the Clear Dapple Dualies
|View the strategy page.|
- There are toothbrushes on the ends of the guns, likely referencing the fact that toothbrushes are used to make realistic splatter marks known as "dapples" on paintings.
- In the Splatoon 2 competitive community, the common abbreviated term for them is "Clapples".
- The Clear Dapple Dualies are the most expensive weapon with the Torpedo sub weapon.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Dubbelspatters Helder||Double Spatters Clear|
|Italian||Ripolpella duplo minimal||Minimal Double Ripolpella (pun on Rivoltella - another name for Revolver - and polpo, Octopus) minimal|
|Spanish||Atomizador dual sencillo||Simple dual atomizer|