The Nautilus 79 is similar in appearance to the Nautilus 47. However, all the metal parts are slightly darker, and the rim of the shell and the handhold are outlined in gold.
- While Main Power Up increases the number of shots fired, it does not increase the ink consumption relative to the amount charged, making the weapon comparatively more ink efficient.
- The Nautilus 79 is a middleweight weapon.
- The matchmaking range is 180. Splatoon 2 matchmaking looks at a team's average matchmaking range value, and matches them against a team with a similar average.
- The full charge ink consumption of 15% and ink tank capacity of 100% allows players to fully charge 6 times before needing to refill the ink tank.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- The Nautilus 79 can store its charge while submerged in ink.
- A stored charge can be held for up to 3.33 seconds.
- The Nautilus 79 can store incomplete charges.
- The delay between being submerged in ink with a stored charge and being able to fire the charge is 10 frames.
- The delay between being submerged in ink with a stored charge and the outer reticle appearing is 5 frames.
- The Nautilus 79 is rechargeable while firing.
- When charging the weapon, it will take 38 frames in order to charge its first ring and 76 frames in total for a full charge.
- With a single ring charged, it will have a firing duration of 52 frames. With a full charge, it will have a firing duration of 104 frames.
- When charging with an empty tank, the charge time is multiplied by 5.
- When firing, it shoots a bullet every 4 frames.
- When firing, the player's movement speed is set to 0.7 units per frame.
- When charging, the player's movement speed is set to 0.4 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 40 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Each shot has a base damage of 32.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 7 frames after being fired, it loses 2 damage per frame until it reaches 16 damage at frame 15.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 3.3 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 3.6 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Nautilus 79 has a 30% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 30%.
- Initial shot velocity is 44.333 units per frame. Shots travel straight at the initial velocity for 3 frames.
- So shots travel straight at a rate of 44.333 units per frame for 3 frames. Shots travel straight for 132.999 distance units.
- After shots stop flying straight, the velocity is set to 18.215 units per frame if it is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it travels.
- Ink droplets occur every 120 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 1.5 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 8 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 16.5 units, and a width of 0 units.
- These droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.3 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.45 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 14 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 12.6 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.3 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- If no ink droplets have occurred within 11 units of the player for 4 shots, the next shot the player makes will force a paint droplet to appear at the player's feet.
The Nautilus 79 functions like the Nautilus 47, but comes with an all new coat of paint!
For competitive tips about the Nautilus 79
|View the strategy page.|
- In an earlier data mine of the Nautilus 79, the sub weapon was shown to be Splat Bombs, not Suction Bombs. This was changed, however, and the Nautilus 79 got released with the Suction Bomb.
Names in other languages
Nōchirasu Nana-jū Kyū
|Dutch||Nautilus 79||Nautilus 79|
|German||Nautilus 79||Nautilus 79|