The Nautilus 79 is a main weapon in Splatoon 2. It is a modified variant of the Nautilus 47.
The Nautilus 79 was released on 5 December 2018 at 02:00 UTC. It comes with Suction Bomb and Inkjet. It also has the ability to store a charge for up to 3⅓ seconds.
- The Nautilus 79 is a middleweight weapon.
- The full charge ink consumption of 15% allows players to fully charge 6 times before needing to refill the ink tank.
- When charging the weapon, it will take 38 frames in order to charge its first ring and 76 frames in total for a full charge.
- With a single ring charged, it will have a firing duration of 52 frames. With a full charge, it will have a firing duration of 104 frames.
- When firing, it has a fire rate of 4 frames between shots.
- When firing, the player's movement speed is set to 0.7 units per frame.
- When charging, the player's movement speed is set to 0.4 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 40 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- If a shot is in the air for more than 11 frames after being fired, it loses 2 damage per frame until it reaches 16 damage at frame 19.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 3.3 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 3.6 degrees.
- The outer reticle immediately expands after jumping. After 25 frames, the outer reticle will start shrinking, and will finish shrinking after 70 frames.
- The Nautilus 79 has a 0.3% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 0.3%.
- The shot's velocity is set to 44.33 units, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
- Ink droplets occur every 120 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 1.5 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 8 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 16.5 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 14 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 12.6 units.
- Droplets that are far from the player and all other droplets have their radius multiplied by a value ranging from 1.3 if they fell from a height above 100 units to 1.4 if they fell from a height below 30 units.
- ▲ Decreased shot variance when firing while on the ground by roughly 8%.
- While Main Power Up will increase the number of shots fired, it will not increase the ink consumption relative to the amount charged, making the weapon comparatively more ink efficient.
- The number 79 in this weapon's name might be a reference to its golden color, since 79 is the atomic number of gold. This matches with the Nautilus 47 and its silver color.
- In an earlier datamine of the Nautilus 79, the sub weapon was shown to be Splat Bomb, not Suction Bomb. This was fudged, however, and the Nautilus 79 got released with the Suction Bomb.
Names in other languages