- 1 Splatoon 2
- 2 Splatoon
- 3 Etymology
- 4 References
- 5 See Also
For your main weapon, I present the Splash-o-matic, a weapon fine-tuned for highly accurate barrages! It's a little lacking in power, but it provides pretty good cover with its rapid fire. You can limit your opponent's movements with Toxic Mist, and then complete the domination with the Inkjet special! I recommend this for aggressive players who want to lay the smackdown on their opponents!
- ▼ Ink consumption: 0.7% → 0.8%
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 170
- ▲ Increased firing range by roughly 6%.
- ▲ Increased the amount of ink splattered by each shot making it easier to ink the ground.
The Splash-o-matic is a Shooter with a high rate of fire but not a lot of attack power. It was released in Splatoon on June 13th 2015 at 02:00 UTC.  Its attack power is slightly better than the Aerospray MG and RG, but has a slightly diminshed rate of fire equal to the Splattershot Jr.. It has a narrower splat range outwards.
|“||"One for the pros. Not outrageously powerful, but highly accurate. This weapon really comes into its own in the hands of someone with good aim."||”|
— In-game description
|“||Its shots don’t spread much, and it has excellent rapid-fire capability. It could be said to be a bit lacking in attack power, but zero in on a target and they’ll burst in no time flat. Plus, this bad boy comes equipped with Suction Bombs as a sub weapon, and Bomb Rush as a special weapon.||”|
For your main weapon, I present the Splash-o-matic, a weapon fine-tuned for highly accurate barrages! It's a little lacking in power, but it can ink the ground rapidly, letting you quickly fill up your special gauge.
For your Main weapon, I present the Splash-o-matic, a weapon specialised for highly accurate barrages! It's a little lacking in power, but it can paint the ground rapidly, letting you quickly fill up your Special Gauge...
- ▲ Base damage: 26.0 → 28.0
- ▲ Initial velocity of shots increased by about 10%.
- ▲ Spread reduced by about 10%
- ▲ Range increased by about 10%.
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- Because the Splash-o-Matic has a shorter range than most shooters, the suction bombs can also be used to take out enemies that might be lurking out of the main weapon's range. Bomb Range Up will increase the distance the bombs travel when thrown.
- Special Saver will conserve a significant amount of the special gauge after being splatted by an opponent, so Bomb Rush can be used more often.
- With the weapon's fast and effective ink output, Special Charge Up allows players to have frequent Suction Bomb Rushes at hand, a valuable tool for aggressive and defensive plays alike.
- The Swim Speed Up ability allows players to swim faster, which makes harder target to kill and much more mobility when moving in squid form.
- Cold Blooded is an ability that shortens the duration of position-tracking to 50% of normal tracking time. As a stealthy, mobile weapon, Cold Blooded is immensely useful for the Splash-o-matic, enhancing its sneakiness, facilitating ambushes, preventing enemy ambushes, enabling more mobility, and preventing chargers to quickly splat players.
- As a short range weapon, players will generally find themselves in enemy ink in engagements. The Ink Resistance Up ability allows players to continue to be mobile and to survive more fights without taking as much damage from enemy ink.
- Comeback allows players to get back faster into the battle and constantly have a boosted range of abilities at hand, further charging Special Charge after special loss from death as well
- Ink Recovery Up allows players to constantly throw Suction Bombs and have frequent presence on the map.
An Inkling boy holding the shooter
Splash-o-matic is derived from Splash and Automatic. The -o-matic suffix is also a common, cliché naming convention for technological gadgets.
シャープマーカー shāpu mākā is in reference to the pen-based appearance of the Splash-o-matic.
Names in other languages
|French||Marqueur léger||Light Marker|
|Italian||Marker d'assalto||Assault Marker|
|Spanish (NOA)||Plumón||Quill Pen|
|Spanish (NOE)||Marcador fino||Fine Marker|
- Splatoon JP on Twitter. Splatoon Japan (2015-06-12). Retrieved on 2015 June 12.