The Sorella Brella is a main weapon in Splatoon 2. It is a Sorella-branded version of the Splat Brella and comes with a different sub weapon and special weapon.
The Sorella Brella is similar in appearance to the Splat Brella. However, the Sorella Brella has white highlights on the handle, and most of the canopy changes color to match the user's ink, but in differing shades. The canopy itself has polka dots and fish designs on it instead of the Splat Brella's checkers and seahorse designs.
|Base damage||16.2 per pellet (Cap: 81)|
|Rate of fire|
|Other variants|| Splat Brella|
Hero Brella Replica
The Sorella Brella was released on 31 March 2018 at 02:00 UTC. It comes with Autobombs and the Splat-Bomb Launcher.
- The Sorella Brella is a middleweight weapon.
- The matchmaking range is 125. The game's matchmaking system looks at a team's average matchmaking range value, and matches them against a team with a similar average.
- The Sorella Brella's canopy has 500 HP.
- Brella canopies have different incoming damage multipliers for each weapon type.
- The canopy takes 0.2 seconds to open.
- The canopy does 30 damage to opponents on contact.
- The canopy takes 2.03 seconds to be launched, and 6.5 seconds to return.
- The launched canopy initially travels at a speed of 1.32 units per frame. It remains on the stage for 5 seconds.
- After being launched, incoming damage to the canopy is multiplied by 0.5.
- Each shot consumes 6.325% of the ink tank's capacity, allowing the player to fire 15 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Holding long enough after firing to release the canopy uses 30% of the ink tank.
- So, 36.325% of the ink tank is used in total to release the canopy.
- After firing, there is a 1 second cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- The cooldown after holding open but not releasing the canopy is 0.33 seconds.
- The cooldown after releasing the canopy is 2 seconds.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the shot takes 15 frames to come out.
- After firing, 16 frames must pass before the player can fire another shot.
- The interval between firing and when the player is able to become a squid or use a sub weapon is 20 frames.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.65 units per frame. While holding the brella open, the player's movement speed is set to 0.55 units per frame.
- The Sorella Brella fires 6 projectiles per shot. Each projectile can do between 10.8 and 16.2 damage. A maximum of 5 projectiles per shot will damage the opponent, so the maximum possible damage per shot is 81.
- If a projectile is in the air for more than 8 frames after being fired, it loses 0.3375 damage per frame until it reaches 10.8 damage at frame 24.
- Shots can deviate 6 degrees horizontally and 4 degrees vertically.
- Shots initially travel straight at a rate of 26 units per frame for 3 frames. Shots travel straight for 78 distance units.
- After that, the projectile's velocity is set to 16.52 units if the projectile's velocity is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
The Sorella Brella main weapon has the same stats as the Splat Brella but with a different umbrella design and composition! Stay safe when pushing forward with your umbrella by tossing your Autobomb sub in areas where opponents may be hiding! Use the Splat-Bomb Launcher special to help out teammates in need, or to push the front lines forward! Recommended for aggressive players who want to support their team!
|“||Starting tomorrow, Ammo Knights will be stocked with the Sorella Brella. This polka-dotted wonder has the same stats as the Splat Brella, but just look at that style! Nothing spotty about it... besides the spots. Rounding out the kit are Autobombs to find lurking opponents, and the Splat-Bomb Launcher to help push the front lines forward. This kit is recommended for aggressive players who want to support their team.||”|
An Inkling holding an open Sorella Brella.
For competitive tips about the Sorella Brella
|View the strategy page.|
- Before being officially announced, the Sorella Brella appeared in the Version 3.0.0 preview section of the 8 March 2018 Nintendo Direct.
- According to the Oatmealdome data mine from August 2017, the Sorella Brella would have had Toxic Mist as the sub weapon. However, a later update of the data mine correctly showed the weapon with Autobombs.
Sorella Brella is derived from the words "Sorella", which means "sister" in Italian, and "brella."
Names in other languages
|From parasol + shelter and Sorella.|
|Dutch||Sorella Plenzer||Sorella Splat Brella|
|French||Para-encre Sorella||From parapluie ("umbrella") + encre ("ink") and Sorella.|
Composition of the Latin words para- (protection against), pluvia (rain) and the suffix -tor used for machines.
|Italian||Sparasole Solerra||From sparare ("to shoot") + parasole ("umbrella") and Solerra ("Sorella").|
From родичи rodichi (relatives) with double "ч" "ch" to make it sound more Italian.
|Spanish (NOA)||Paratintas Sorella||From paraguas ("umbrella") which comes from parar ("to stop") + agua ("water"), + tinta (ink) and Sorella.|
|Spanish (NOE)||Paratintas B||From paraguas ("umbrella") which comes from parar ("to stop") + agua ("water"), + tinta (ink) and B ("Sorella").|