- The Sorella Brella is a middleweight weapon.
- The Sorella Brella's canopy has 500 HP.
- Brella canopies have different incoming damage multipliers for each weapon type.
- The canopy takes 0.2 seconds to open.
- The canopy does 30 damage to opponents on contact.
- The canopy takes 2.03 seconds to be launched, and 6.5 seconds to return.
- The launched canopy initially travels at a speed of 1.32 units per frame. It remains on the stage for 5 seconds.
- After being launched, incoming damage to the canopy is multiplied by 0.5.
- Each shot consumes 6.325% of the ink tank's capacity, allowing the player to fire 15 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- Holding long enough after firing to release the canopy uses 30% of the ink tank.
- So, 36.325% of the ink tank is used in total to release the canopy.
- After firing, there is a 1 second cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- The cooldown after holding open but not releasing the canopy is 0.33 seconds.
- The cooldown after releasing the canopy is 2 seconds.
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the shot takes 8 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the shot takes 15 frames to come out.
- After firing, 16 frames must pass before the player can fire another shot.
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.65 units per frame. While holding the brella open, the player's movement speed is set to 0.55 units per frame.
- The Sorella Brella fires 6 projectiles per shot. Each projectile can do between 12 and 18 damage. A maximum of 5 projectiles per shot will damage the opponent, so the maximum possible damage per shot is 90.
- If a projectile is in the air for more than 8 frames after being fired, it loses 0.375 damage per frame until it reaches 12 damage at frame 24.
- Projectiles initially travel at a rate of 26 units per frame for 3 frames, having an effective range of 78 units.
- After that, the projectile's velocity is set to 16.52 units if the projectile's velocity is not already lower than the listed value, and decreases further as it falls to the ground.
The Sorella Brella main weapon has the same stats as the Splat Brella but with a different umbrella design and composition!
Stay safe when pushing forward with your umbrella by tossing your Autobomb sub in areas where opponents may be hiding!
Use the Splat-Bomb Launcher special to help out teammates in need, or to push the front lines forward!
Recommended for aggressive players who want to support their team!
|“||Starting tomorrow, Ammo Knights will be stocked with the Sorella Brella. This polka-dotted wonder has the same stats as the Splat Brella, but just look at that style! Nothing spotty about it…besides the spots. Rounding out the kit are Autobombs to find lurking opponents, and the Splat-Bomb Launcher to help push the front lines forward. This kit is recommended for aggressive players who want to support their team.||”|
An Inkling holding an open Sorella Brella.
- Before being officially announced, the Sorella Brella appeared in the Version 3.0.0 preview section of the 8 March 2018 Nintendo Direct.
- According to the Oatmealdome data mine from August 2017, the Sorella Brella would have had Toxic Mist as the sub weapon. However, a later update of the data mine correctly showed the weapon with Autobombs.
Names in other languages
|From parasol + shelter and Sorella.|
|Dutch||Sorella Plenzer||From Sorella and plenzen (“to rain heavily”) + -er.|
|French||Para-encre Sorella||From parapluie (“umbrella”) + encre (“ink”) and Sorella.|
|Italian||Sparasole Solerra||From sparare (“to shoot”) + parasole (“umbrella”) and Solerra (“Sorella”).|
|Spanish (NOA)||Paratintas Sorella||From paraguas (“umbrella”) which comes from parar (“to stop”) + agua (“water”), + tinta (ink) and Sorella.|
|Spanish (NOE)||Paratintas B||From paraguas (“umbrella”) which comes from parar (“to stop”) + agua (“water”), + tinta (ink) and B (“Sorella”).|
Sorella Brella is derived from the words "Sorella", which means "sister" in Italian, and "brella."