The range and accuracy of the Aerospray MG aren't anything to write home about, but it's got an incredible rate of fire! Combined with the Suction Bomb as a sub, the main weapon offers great power and great ink spread to boot! You can really surprise your opponents with the Curling-Bomb Launcher special, so don't miss out on this set!
- ▼ Ink consumption: 0.5% → 0.55%
- ▼ Base damage: 24.5 → 24
|This article or section needs more images!
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!
The Aerospray MG fires quick bursts, so its user can cover a relatively large area with ink in a short time. It is also a short range Weapon, so it will make quick work of nearby targets. It is in a set with the Seekers and the Inkzooka. The Aerospray MG can only be purchased after defeating The Rampaging Octowhirl Boss Battle and obtaining its Sunken Scroll
|“||Created by Sheldon from his grandfather’s blueprints. Extremely high rate of fire. Each shot is weak individually, but a sustained barrage can really pressure opponents.||”|
— In-Game Description(NA)
|“||Created by Sheldon from his grandfather's blueprints. Extremely high rate of fire. Each shot is weak individually, but a sustained barrage can really pressure opponents.||”|
— In-Game Description(EU/OC)
Now the Aerospray MG is a shooter I made with a little help from my grandpappy's blueprints. Its range and accuracy are nothing to sneeze at, but the real draw is its amazing rate of fire!
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- ▲ Spread reduced when player is jumping so it is the same as when player is not jumping.
- The Ink Recovery Up ability increases the refill rate of Ink Tanks by up to 40%. This allows Aerospray MG users to deploy Seekers and make a quick escape, refilling their ink along the way so they can jump back into action. Tentatek gear has a 5x higher chance of rolling this ability.
- The Comeback ability boosts Ink Saver (Main and Sub), Ink Recovery, Run Speed, and Swim Speed for 20 seconds after respawning, causing ink efficiency to be increased by 16.3% for main weapons and approximately 12.5% for sub weapons. The player's run speed is also increased by 14% and swim speed by 6%. These enhanced abilities allow Aerospray MG users to quickly return to inking turf and make up for abilities that could not be equipped. This ability is restricted to headgear as a main ability and cannot be gained as a sub ability.
- Cold Blooded is an ability that shortens the duration of position-tracking to 50% of normal tracking time. As a stealthy, mobile weapon, Cold Blooded is immensely useful for the Aerospray MG, enhancing its sneakiness, facilitating ambushes, preventing enemy ambushes, enabling more mobility, and preventing chargers to quickly splat players.
- As a short range weapon, players will generally find themselves in enemy ink in engagements. The Ink Resistance Up ability allows players to continue to be mobile and to survive more fights without taking as much damage from enemy ink.
- Inkzooka is key to mitigate the Aerospray MG's short range. Coupled with light special depletion, which enables Special Saver to be stacked more effectively, players will constantly be able to charge up Inkzooka
An Inkling holding the Aerospray MG.
Official art of a team of Inklings - the third one is holding an Aerospray MG.
- The Aerospray MG appears to be designed after an aerograph, a type of airbrush.
- The Aerospray MG, along with its alternates, the Aerospray RG and Aerospray PG, are the only weapons that have a 5-hit K.O.
- The "MG" in this weapon's name likely stands for "Master Grade" in reference to Bandai's line of 1:100 scale model kits for the anime Mobile Suit Gundam.
- This is because it is common for model kits to be painted with an airbrush and because Gundam models are extremely popular in Japan.
Names in other languages
|Pro Modeler MG|
|German||Airbrush MG||Airbrush MG|
|Spanish (NOA)||Aerógrafo GP||Airbrush GP|
|Spanish (NOE)||Aerógrafo pro||Pro Airbrush|