The Aerospray MG has an extremely high rate of fire, but each shot is weak individually. It takes five hits to splat an opponent. It shoots with high spread, allowing its users to quickly cover turf and to hit opponents without perfectly aiming at them.
The Aerospray MG comes in a set with the Seekers and the Inkzooka. It can only be purchased after defeating The Rampaging Octowhirl Boss Battle and obtaining its Sunken Scroll. It was created by Sheldon from his grandfather’s blueprints.
The weapon consumes 0.5% of the ink-tank with each shot, allowing users to fire 200 shots before needing to refill.
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- ▲ Spread reduced when player is jumping so it is the same as when player is not jumping.
An Inkling holding the Aerospray MG.
Official art of a team of Inklings - the third one is holding an Aerospray MG.
The weapon consumes 0.55% of the ink-tank with each shot, allowing users to fire 181 shots before needing to refill.
- ▼ Ink consumption: 0.5% → 0.55%
- ▼ Base damage: 24.5 → 24
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 170 → 160
- ▼ Decreased radius of point of shot contact by roughly 10%.
- ▼ Decreased radius of shot ink coverage by roughly 8%.
- ▼ Decreased rate at which shots ink the ground by roughly 13%.
|View the quotation page.|
- The Aerospray MG appears to be designed after an aerograph, a type of airbrush.
- The Aerospray MG, along with its alternates, the Aerospray RG and Aerospray PG, are the only weapons that have a 5-hit K.O.
- The "MG" in this weapon's name likely stands for "Master Grade" in reference to Bandai's line of 1:100 scale model kits for the anime Mobile Suit Gundam.
- This is because it is common for model kits to be painted with an airbrush and because Gundam models are extremely popular in Japan.
Names in other languages
|Pro Modeler MG|
|German||Airbrush MG||Airbrush MG|
|Spanish (NOA)||Aerógrafo GP||Airbrush GP|
|Spanish (NOE)||Aerógrafo pro||Pro Airbrush|
Weapons in Splatoon
Weapons in Splatoon 2