- The Dual Squelcher is a middleweight weapon.
- The ink consumption of 1.2% allows players to fire 83 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- When initially firing the weapon in humanoid form, the first shot takes 3 frames to come out.
- When firing from squid or octopus form, the first shot takes 12 frames to come out.
- When firing continuously, it has a fire rate of 6 frames between shots (10 shots per second).
- When firing while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.6 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 20 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Each shot has a base damage of 28.
- Shots have a radius of 2 units.
- The angle its shots can deviate while on the ground is 4 degrees.
- The angle its shots can deviate while in the air is 12 degrees.
- The Dual Squelcher has a 25% chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle.
- When jumping, the chance to shoot towards the outer reticle instead of the inner reticle is immediately set to 40%.
- Shots initially travel at a rate of 22 units per frame for 6 frames, having an effective range of 132 units.
- Ink droplets occur every 105 units.
- The frequency at which ink drips from a shot occurs at a rate of 2 droplets per shot.
- There are a total of 8 different droplet patterns that can be created while firing this weapon.
- Droplets that occur within 11 units of the player have a radius of 21 units.
- Droplets that occur when they travel past 200 units of the player have a radius of 18.5 units.
- All other ink droplets have a radius of 13 units.
The Dual Squelcher adds a manifold mechanism to the Jet Squelcher for extreme range and firing rate.
Claim turf, fire out those Echolocators, and then attack the opponents' position with Splat Bombs!
So I'd recommend it if those kinds of tricksy tactics happen to be your style!
|“||A double-barreled Jet Squelcher with a much higher rate of fire. The power of each shot is low, but the ample range and firing rate make up for it.||”|
— In-Game Description
|“||Compared to the Jet Squelcher, the Dual Squelcher has a little less range, but makes up for it with a slightly faster fire rate. The Dual Squelcher comes with Splat Bombs and Echolocator. This is really nice for supporting your teammates and giving them cover fire. Selecting the Ink Saver (Sub) ability over Ink Saver (Main) is best due to the amount of ink the Splat Bomb needs. Another ability to strive for is Bomb Range Up, so you can throw those Splat Bombs at a greater distance, eschewing the need to get close to your opponents.||”|
— Splatoon Prima Guide
- North America
An image of a male Inkling with a Dual Squelcher.
- Not counting the transition from E-liter 3K to E-liter 4K, the Dual Squelcher is the only main weapon to not return in Splatoon 2. Instead, it was mechanically changed and converted into the Dualie Squelchers.
- The Dual Squelcher only fires through the top barrel. The bottom barrel is simply cosmetic.
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Nettoyeur double||Double Cleaner|
|French (NOE)||Nettoyeur duo||Dual Cleaner|
|Italian||Sweeper duo||Sweeper duo|
|Spanish (NOA)||Soplador doble||Double Blower|
|Spanish (NOE)||Barredora Doble||Double Sweeper|