The Goo Tuber can hold a full charge for an exceptionally long time in comparison to other chargers. This allows players to get to a better vantage point or sneak up on enemies with a full charge. Its charging time takes slightly longer than a Splat Charger. However, the range is comparable.
I'm proud to announce the Goo Tuber, a charger with the upgraded ability to store your charge even longer! It offers high-pressure ink storage for extended periods, allowing you to stay submerged while you wait for the perfect shot! In exchange, it takes a bit longer to charge, but push your foes back with Suction Bombs, then charge up and you're good to go! You can stay on the move with one in the chamber, and when the enemy decides to close in, make 'em pay with a Splashdown surprise!
- ▲ Reduced amount of time required to fully charge a shot by 5/60 of a second
- ▲ Reduced amount of time to fire a stored charge by 5/60 of a second
- ▲ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 160
- ▲ Charged shots can now be stored when not at maximum charge.
- ▲ Decreased time between releasing a stored charge shot and shooting by 5/60 of a second.
- ▲ Increased damage dealt by fully charged shots from 160 to 180.
- ▲ Increased damage dealt to opposing Ballers when flinging ink by roughly 30%.
- — Fixed an issue allowing players using the Goo Tuber to store a charged shot indefinitely by charging briefly, immediately becoming a squid, then keeping the charge as long as wasn’t released.
An Inkling holding the Goo Tuber.
- Goo Tuber's Japanese name is "Soy Tuber". This weapon resembles a siphon pump aka shōyu pump (醤油ちゅるちゅる Shōyu Churu-churu).
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Spetbuizer||Splat + variation of "buizen" (tubes)|
|Italian||Tintubator||Pun on tinta (dye), tubo (tube) and the -tor suffix used to designate machinery|
|Spanish (NOE)||Tubofusil||From tubo (tube) and fusil (rifle)|