The Goo Tuber is a main weapon in Splatoon 2 and Splatoon 3. It is a charger with a few unique properties - it can hold a charge for an exceptionally long time in comparison to other chargers, allowing greater versatility, has the ability to store incomplete charges, and is able to splat opponents with a single partially charged shot (dealing over 100 points of damage at roughly 70% charge).
The ink consumption of the Goo Tuber is better than average, though not exceptional. To compensate for its strengths, the Goo Tuber's charge speed and range are close to the lowest in the weapon class.
The main part of the Goo Tuber is the long white tube that wraps around itself multiple times to connect the pump to the nozzle. The Goo Tuber, unlike other chargers, is not exceptionally long. At the back end of the Goo Tuber is a red pump, and at the front end is a black nozzle. The trigger is black and attached a few inches forward from the pump.
It appears in one Octo Expansion Station:
- The Goo Tuber is a middleweight weapon.
- The matchmaking range is 210. Splatoon 2 matchmaking looks at a team's average matchmaking range value, and matches them against a team with a similar average.
- Ink consumption scales from 2% to 15% depending on the charge level.
- The full-charge ink consumption of 15% allows players to fire 6 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- The Goo Tuber can store its charge while submerged in ink.
- A stored charge can be held for up to 5 seconds.
- The Goo Tuber can store incomplete charges.
- The delay between being submerged in ink with a stored charge and being able to fire the charge is 15 frames.
- The delay between being submerged in ink with a stored charge and the laser appearing is 10 frames.
- It takes 1.25 seconds to fully charge the weapon.
- It takes 0.88 seconds to reach 100 damage. This is 70.22% of the charge circle.
- When charging a shot with an empty tank, the charge rate is 33.33%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 3.75 seconds.
- When charging a shot while in the air, the charge rate is 33.33%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 3.75 seconds.
- Fully charged shots will pierce opponents.
- When charging while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.3 units per frame.
- After firing, there is a 20 frame cooldown before the ink tank starts refilling.
- Damage scales from 40 to 130 depending on the charge level. At full charge, the damage is 180.
- Shot velocity scales from 24 to 48 depending on the charge level.
- Shot distance scales from 126 to 188 depending on the charge level. At full charge, the distance is 198.
I'm proud to announce the Goo Tuber, a charger with the upgraded ability to store your charge even longer! It offers high-pressure ink storage for extended periods, allowing you to stay submerged while you wait for the perfect shot! In exchange, it takes a bit longer to charge, but push your foes back with Suction Bombs, then charge up and you're good to go! You can stay on the move with one in the chamber, and when the enemy decides to close in, make 'em pay with a Splashdown surprise!
An Inkling holding the Goo Tuber.
It appears in 2 missions in Alterna:
I debuted this weapon before, but I'm as proud as ever of the Goo Tuber, a charger with the upgraded ability to store your charge even longer! It offers high-pressure ink storage for extended periods, allowing you to stay submerged while you wait for the perfect shot! In exchange, it takes a bit longer to charge, but this baby can store a partial charge, giving you the ultimate in flexibility. For instance, while you use a Torpedo to reveal enemy positions, you can be comfortably charging away in a safe spot. Then, when you're ready to ink 'em up, zip to the most advantageous spot and snipe away! If you miss, you have Tenta Missiles in your back pocket to finish the job. If you want to take your strategy to the next level by storing charges and taking advantage of each stage's unique terrain with your mobility, this set is for you!
- Main article: Badge#Weapon freshness
|Goo Tuber Badges|
|4★ Goo Tuber User|
|5★ Goo Tuber User|
Tableturf Battle card art
- The Goo Tuber's design is based on a siphon pump, a red pump that is mainly popular in Japan.
- Ever since the change made to the Goo Tuber in Version 2.2.0, its minimal damage for a non-charged shot is 40.0 at 8 frames, and the theoretical damage for a 99.9% charged shot is 130.0 at 74.9 frames.
- However, due to the game operating in complete frames, it is impossible to have a partial charge at any more than 74 frames, or 98.51% (66 effective charging frames out of a possible 67).
- This also means that the minimum charge time for a one-shot splat is 53 frames (45 charging frames out of a possible 67), for a 67.16% charge dealing 100.4 damage.
- With three mains of Main Power Up, the Goo Tuber can reduce the amount it needs to charge to splat to just over half charge.
- With this weapon, the player can come out of ink and fire faster while having a stored charge. Using this property, they can press repeatedly while storing a charge to "roll" across the ground, which will allow quicker movement than other chargers while keeping a stored charge. This technique is similar to Sub strafing and Weapon strafing.
- Goo Tuber's Japanese name is "Soy Tuber". This weapon resembles a siphon pump aka shōyu pump (醤油ちゅるちゅる Shōyu Churu-churu).
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Spetbuizer||From spet (splat) and an inflection of "buizen" (tubes)|
with T most likely being short for Tinte (ink)
|Italian||Tintubator||From tinta (dye), tubo (tube) and the -tor suffix used to designate machinery|
From труба truba (tube) and бластер blaster
|Spanish (NOA)||Entintubo||From entintar (to ink) and tubo (tube)|
|Spanish (NOE)||Tubofusil||From tubo (tube) and fusil (rifle)|
gāoyā yóuguǎn qiāng (Mandarin)
|High Pressure Hose Gun|
gāoyā yóuguǎn qiāng (Mandarin)
|High Pressure Hose Gun|