The Goo Tuber is a main weapon in Splatoon 2. This weapon can hold a charge for an exceptionally long time in comparison to other chargers, being able to hold a charge for five seconds as opposed to other chargers which only last one second. This allows players to get to a better vantage point or sneak up on enemies with a full charge. The weapon also bears the ability to store incomplete charges. Its charging time takes slightly longer than a Splat Charger and the range is slightly shorter. Each fully charged shot consumes 15% of the ink tank, allowing users to fire six shots before needing to refill.
The Goo Tuber is the only charger that can splat opponents with a single partially charged shot, as any shot charged at roughly 70% or more deals over 100 points of damage.
- The Goo Tuber is a middleweight weapon.
- Ink consumption scales from 2% to 15% depending on the charge level.
- The full-charge ink consumption of 15% allows players to fire 6 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- It takes 1.25 seconds to fully charge the weapon.
- It takes 0.88 seconds to reach 100 damage. This is 70.22% of the charge circle.
- When charging a shot with an empty tank, the charge rate is 33.33%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 3.75 seconds.
- When charging a shot while in the air, the charge rate is 33.33%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 3.75 seconds.
- Fully charged shots will pierce opponents.
- When charging while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.3 units per frame.
- Damage scales from 40 to 130 depending on the charge level. At full charge, the damage is 180.
- Shot velocity scales from 24 to 48 depending on the charge level.
- Shot distance scales from 126 to 188 depending on the charge level. At full charge, the distance is 198.
I'm proud to announce the Goo Tuber, a charger with the upgraded ability to store your charge even longer! It offers high-pressure ink storage for extended periods, allowing you to stay submerged while you wait for the perfect shot! In exchange, it takes a bit longer to charge, but push your foes back with Suction Bombs, then charge up and you're good to go! You can stay on the move with one in the chamber, and when the enemy decides to close in, make 'em pay with a Splashdown surprise!
An Inkling holding the Goo Tuber.
- Ever since the change made to the Goo Tuber in Version 2.2.0, its minimal damage for a non-charged shot is 40.0 at 8 frames, and the theoretical damage for a 99.9% charged shot is 130.0 at 74.9 frames.
- However, due to the game operating in complete frames, it is impossible to have a partial charge at any more than 74 frames, or 98.51% (66 effective charging frames out of a possible 67).
- This also means that the minimum charge time for a one-shot kill is 53 frames (45 charging frames out of a possible 67), for a 67.16% charge dealing 100.4 damage.
- With three mains of Main Power Up, the Goo Tuber can reduce the amount it needs to charge to splat down to just over half charge.
- This weapon is used in the following Octo Expansion level:
- Goo Tuber's Japanese name is "Soy Tuber". This weapon resembles a siphon pump aka shōyu pump (醤油ちゅるちゅる Shōyu Churu-churu).
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Spetbuizer||From spet (splat) and an inflection of "buizen" (tubes)|
|Italian||Tintubator||From tinta (dye), tubo (tube) and the -tor suffix used to designate machinery|
|From truba (tube) and blaster|
|Spanish (NOA)||Entintubo||From entintar (to ink) and tubo (tube)|
|Spanish (NOE)||Tubofusil||From tubo (tube) and fusil (rifle)|