|“||Head to Inkopolis Tower (it's the really tall one) and choose Regular Battle to get started. Playing online lets you level up and earn in-game coins for new gear.||”|
— Splatoon's official website
Regular Battle is one of the four multiplayer mode categories in Splatoon, along with Ranked Battle, Squad Battle and Private Battle. It is accessible from the beginning of the game and has no ranking system used for matchmaking; it is more casual in nature due to this.
- Turf War: The only mode playable in a Regular Battle. Turf War battles consist of two teams of four players each. Both attempt to cover the most ground with their team's colored Ink in three minutes. When the match is over, Judd will determine the winner based on the amount of covered ground.
- Main article: Music
- Splattack! by Squid Squad
- Ink or Sink by Squid Squad
- Seaskape by Squid Squad
- Kraken Up by Squid Squad
- Metalopod by Squid Squad
- Shellfie(NA)(EU/OC) / Friend List(JP) by Chirpy Chips(NA)(EU/OC) / ABXY(JP)
- Split and Splat(NA)(EU/OC) / Quick Start(JP) by Chirpy Chips / ABXY
- Hooked by Hightide Era
- Sucker Punch by Hightide Era
- Now or Never! by Squid Squad (plays when one minute is remaining in a match)
- Victory theme
- Defeat theme
- Ink Me Up / キミ色に染めて(JP) (Paint Me Your Color) by the Squid Sisters
- 1 Minute Left! by the Squid Sisters
Victory and defeat music remain unchanged for a Splatfest Battle.
Names in other languages
|Spanish (NOA)||Combate amistoso||Friendly Combat|
|Italian||Partita amichevole||Friendly Match|
|Modes in Splatoon|