Nintendo Switch Pro Controller
|This article or section discusses events, locations, or objects found in real life.|
The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller is an optional accessory for the Switch that replaces the Wii U Pro Controller and has a very similar layout. It acts as a more conventional controller, and an alternative from the Joy-Cons. It has the new layout of the Joy Cons, with the and positions swapped compared from the Wii U GamePad and Wii U Pro Controller, a proper , NFC reader for Amiibo, motion controls and HD Rumble.
- Motion controls: By tilting the controller up, down, left, and right, players are able to change their Inkling's view and aim.
- : Used primarily to move the player's Inkling or Octoling forward, backward, left, and right.
- : Used for more precise aiming, and controls which direction the player looks. Clicking it in will activates the players Special Weapon. The stick is used a lot in menus.
- : Allows players to transform into squids or Octopuses. In this form, Inklings are able to move faster through their own ink and jump farther.
- : Allows players to splatter ink using a variety of weapons. In Inkopolis Plaza, this button is used to zoom in on specific landmarks.
- : Allows players to use a variety of sub weapons. These have various effects which range from allowing teammates to Super Jump to one's current location at any time, to a robot that tracks and tries to splat nearby opponents.
- : Used to throw clams that the player is holding while playing Clam Blitz.
- : Used in menus to select specific actions and options and is also used to throw clams in Clam Blitz.
- : Causes the player's Inkling or Octoling to jump button and is used in some menus to exit the current selection or action.
- : Used to bring up the map.
- : Resets the camera angle, allowing for quick corrections. This feature is most commonly used alongside motion controls.
- : Up and down on the is used for Signals. On the map screen, holding while pressing Left, Right or Up on the Super Jumps to a specific Player and Down super jumps to the Spawn Point.
- NFC Pad: Used to read amiibo.
Splatoon themed versions
During the ARMS Direct the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Splatoon 2 Edition was announced. Changes from the regular Pro Controller include recoloured grips (a Neon Green left handle and a Neon Pink right handle), similar to the Neon Green and Neon Pink Joy-Cons. It also gains Splatoon designs on the front and back plates, featuring many Splatoon brand logos and splat patterns. It was released alongside Splatoon 2 on the 21st of July 2017.
At the 2018 AUNZ Splatoon 2 Cup, each member of the winning team Yeah Nah won an exclusive version of the Switch Pro Controller. It has the same decorated face plate as the Splatoon 2 Edition, but has gold colored grips and "AUNZ SPLATOON2 CUP CHAMPION 21.4.2018" printed on the top in gold. Similar versions were also given out to Alliance Rogue, winner of the Splatoon 2 European Championship 2018-2019, the only difference being "2018-2019 CHAMPION" plus the tournament logo being printed instead.
The controls as shown in the Tutorial.