This article discusses content that is not part of the official Splatoon series canon but is part of the community or competitive gaming space.
|This article or section is incomplete or is missing information.|
You can help the wiki by
The Dapple Dualies's quick splat time and mobility gives the weapon a slayer role, while its kit can also give the user a more supportive role.
- The main advantage of the Dapple Dualies is its fast dodge rolls, giving it more mobility than most dualies such as the Splat Dualies.
- The dodge rolls are performed quickly and can get the user out of danger in a pinch.
- They are also helpful when Super Jumping, as the speed can get the user out of enemy fire quickly.
- Although quick, be wary of any enemy fire as the endlag can leave the user exposed.
- Aside from dodge rolls, the Dapple Dualies also has a high damage output, allowing the user to splat opponents quickly
- Its base damage of 36 allows the user to splat opponents in 3 hits, quicker than most other dualies which take normally 4 hits.
- Given its fast fire rate, the Dapple Dualies can deal damage quickly to objects such as the Rainmaker shield, Brella shields, and Splash Walls
- The Dapple Dualies also has some downsides:
- Like other dualies, dodge rolling can accumulate small points of damage which can allow opponents to splat the user quicker.
- The dodge rolls of the Dapple Dualies travel a the shortest distance of all the dualies, leaving the user left in the opponent's range even after dodge rolling.
- The Dapple Dualies have shorter range compared to most other weapons, which can leave the user splatted due to it. Paired with only Squid Beakon, the user will have a hard time to poke at longer distanced opponents if locked out.
The Squid Beakon, while not useful for attacking, can provide other uses:
- The main purpose of the Squid Beakon is to provide a place for teamates and the player to Super Jump to. Place Squid Beakons in hidden places as the enemy team can destroy the beakon by shooting at it.
- The Squid Beakon can also be used as a temporary shield. If under fire, place a Squid Beakon and the shots will be blocked until the beakon breaks
- The Squid Beakon can be used as bait. Hide in ink near the Beakon, and when an opponent comes close to it, quickly splat them and dodge away.
- Note that this may not work if the opponent has a longe range weapon.
- Be careful not to waste too much time around the Beakon.
When used at the right time, the Suction-Bomb Launcher can turn the tide of a battle:
- Using any Bomb Launcher too close to an opponent will leave its user vulnerable to attack, so activate it outside the opponents' range.
- Suction-Bomb Launcher can either capture or hold onto a zone or another important area of the map, such as around the opponents' clam basket.
- It can also stall or stop an opponent's Tower push in a more direct manner than Sting Ray does. Note that attempting to stop the Tower in this manner forces you to be closer to the Tower, whereas Sting Ray can be used from a further, safer distance.
- Suction-Bomb Launcher can quickly pop the Rainmaker shield to instantly start or restart a Rainmaker push.
- An opponent's Splashdown or Booyah Bomb will defuse any Suction Bombs it comes in contact with. If possible, hold off activating Suction-Bomb Launcher until after the opponents have exhausted their special weapons first.
While one user of a short-ranged weapon such as the Dapple Dualies might get away with a lack of range, having too many short-ranged weapons on a team without a longer-ranged weapon to provide support fire is often disadvantageous for a number of reasons:
- An opponent with a long-ranged weapon can more aggressively position themselves to zone out the entire shorter-ranged team.
- The opposing slayers can play more aggressively, knowing that there is no long-ranged threat to pick them off from afar.
The Dapple Dualies' lack of lethal bombs can also be a liability to a team composition. Lethal bombs – particularly either Splat or Suction Bombs – provide their user's team a couple advantages over another team that has no lethal bombs in its composition:
- Their one-hit-splat offers its user's team chances of instantly gaining a numbers advantage, from which a game-winning push can arise.
- Their lethal explosion provides space for its user's team to either push into an area held by the opponent or stall an opponent's push.
The Suction-Bomb Launcher is very effective at contesting territory, such as Splat Zones, but is not as reliable at splatting opponents who actively avoid the bombs. Attempting to pursue certain opponents with Suction-Bomb Launcher active further risks getting splatted. Therefore, it is advised to have other special weapons available to complement Suction-Bomb Launcher, as having too many users of any Bomb Launcher variant (no more than two) in a team composition will limit a team's arsenal of weapons:
- Other than the launched bombs, a Bomb Launcher user has no means of protection and is particularly vulnerable to long-ranged fire.
- Other special weapons, such as Inkjet or Sting Ray, are intended for splatting opponents and more capable at this than is a Bomb Launcher.
Coordinating with your teammates can greatly increase the Suction-Bomb Launcher's effect during a battle:
- Ink Armor can increase the survivability of a Suction-Bomb Launcher user, freeing them to push the opponents further back. If a teammate has a weapon that can farm Ink Armor, it might pay off to wait until they activate it.
- Remaining behind a teammate with an active protective special weapon, such as Baller or Bubble Blower, can also give a Suction-Bomb Launcher user room to operate.
- Pushing forward with Suction-Bomb Launcher while a teammate is using a special designed to splat opponents, such as Sting Ray or Inkjet, can limit the opponents' escape options and even prevent them from Super Jumping to safety.
- Matchups between Dapple Dualies users on opposing teams are determined by each player's skill, positioning, turf control, and the presence of any teammates.
- Any weapon that has a combination of longer range, better accuracy, or higher damage output without sacrificing too much mobility can counter the Dapple Dualies. For example, both the Kensa Splattershot Pro and L-3 Nozzlenose and their respective variants meet all of these requirements.
- Whenever the Dapple Dualies dodge roll, they are likely to briefly touch enemy ink, accumulating small amounts of damage. Weapons that use Main Power Up, such as the Kensa Splattershot Pro, Custom Dualie Squelchers, and the Bamboozler 14 Mk I not only have a range advantage, but can splat the Dapple Dualies faster than the user can splat them.
- Users of long-ranged weapons, such as chargers and other splatlings, outrange an opposing Dapple Dualies user and can fire upon them with impunity. Chargers can also predict where a Dapple Dualies user will be after a roll and splat them before they can fire. However, once the Dapple Dualies gets close, it can outmaneuver and outdraw its less mobile, slower firing opponent.
- A competent Dapple Dualies user is likely capable at both flanking and sharking:
- Keep track of all four members of the opposing team – which ones are present, which ones are splatted, and which ones are back at their spawn point.
- Check the map periodically for opposing ink forming around flanks to anticipate a flanking attack.
- To prevent sharking, check suspicious puddles of the opponents' ink, preferably with a thrown sub weapon.
- Weapons that track opponents, such as Point Sensors, temporarily prevent an opponent from sharking and make them an easier target for long-ranged teammates to pick off.
- When pursued by a Dapple Dualies user, using almost any sub weapon (except for Squid Beakons) can either delay their pursuit or deter them from chasing.
- If you happen to get within range of an opposing Dapple Dualies Nouveau user while they are using Suction-Bomb Launcher, then take them out quickly to interrupt their special. Be careful of their dodge rolls however
- Certain special weapons – such as Splashdown, Booyah Bomb, and Ultra Stamp – can negate the opponents' bombs if timed properly.
- A counter Bomb Launcher can nullify the effects of Suction-Bomb Launcher, preventing its user's team from either capping a zone or continuing a push.
Gear abilities provide different effects in battle that benefit the player with their equipped weapon. This is a guide to gear abilities in relation to the weapon. Strategy, synergy, viability, and purpose may be written here.
A Dapple Dualies user is usually expected to lead pushes towards their opponents' side, which puts them at risk of damage from opposing bombs and special weapons. Introduced in Version 4.3.0, Bomb Defense Up DX will not only reduce the nonlethal damage taken from opponents' sub and special weapons but will also reduce the tracking duration of opponents' Ink Mines and Point Sensors, allowing the user of this ability to evade detection more easily. Just three ability points, or one sub, offer plenty of utility:
- The splash damage of most bombs is reduced from 30 HP to 28.6 HP. This reduction in damage provides two benefits:
- It prevents its user from being exposed on their opponents' map by the splash damage of most single bombs.
- Ink Armor will not break due to splash damage from a single bomb whose splash damage normally inflicts 30 HP of damage.
- The splash damage of near-misses from either Tenta Missiles or Inkjet, the minimum splash damage of bubbles, and the collision damage from Baller are all reduced from 50 HP to 48.3 HP, enabling one to survive two hits from any of these specific means of special weapon damage.
Quick Respawn shortens respawn time after getting splatted (under specific conditions), encouraging a Dapple Dualies user to remain aggressive even after getting splatted.
- 26 ability points – two mains and two subs – are enough to reduce the respawn time from 8.5 seconds to 5.8 seconds.
Quick Super Jump decreases both the "charge" time before and the travel time of a Super Jump. Dapple Dualies users who include this ability will benefit in two ways since Quick Super Jump allows them to both return to the front lines more quickly and escape unfavorable situations more easily to preserve special gauge progress.
- Just three ability points, or one sub, of Quick Super Jump decreases the "charge" time by 22 frames, or 0.36 seconds.
Sub Power Up decreases the time it takes to Super Jump to a Squid Beakon. Sub Power Up can help a Dapple Dualies user benefit from Squid Beakons more and allow their team to get back to the battlefield quickly to push.
A self-explanatory ability, Swim Speed Up enables an already mobile Dapple Dualies user to more rapidly close the distance towards an opponent, more quickly respond to an opponents' push, or even escape unfavorable situations.
- 16 ability points – one main and two subs – increase the swim speed from 2.02 to 2.19 units per frame.