This article discusses content that is not part of the official Splatoon series canon but is part of the community or competitive gaming space.
|This article or section is incomplete or is missing information.|
You can help the wiki by
Like the Nouveau and Sheldon's picks variants, the Dapple Dualies have a high DPS, fast fire rate, and fast dodge-rolls, and take three hits to splat an opponent. While the main weapon is good for slaying purposes, its set gives the weapon a supportive loadout containing Squid Beakons and the Suction Bomb Launcher. Due to this build, the Dapple Dualies are a flexible weapon, having a slayer's main weapon and a supportive sub and special weapon.
- For maximum use and efficiency, try to switch between a combative play style and a supportive play style throughout the match. For example, if the enemy team is making a push, focus on the front lines instead of charging up your special. If your team is making a push, then focus on inking turf and charging your special, and placing beakons down for your team to jump to in the case of a push from the enemy team.
- When playing supportive, make sure to check on your team frequently in case they need help, or if an enemy breaks your team's line of defense behind or underneath obstacles, such as a bumper, and ambush any opponents who fall within your range.
The Squid Beakon, while not useful for attacking, can provide other uses:
- The main purpose of the Squid Beakon is to provide a place for teamates and the player to Super Jump to. Place Squid Beakons in hidden places as the enemy team can destroy the beakon by shooting at it.
- The Squid Beakon can also be used as a temporary shield. If under fire, place a Squid Beakon and the shots will be blocked until the beakon breaks
- The Squid Beakon can be used as bait. Hide in ink near the Beakon, and when an opponent comes close to it, quickly splat them and dodge away.
- Note that this may not work if the opponent has a longe range weapon.
- Be careful not to waste too much time around the Beakon.
When used at the right time, the Suction-Bomb Launcher can turn the tide of a battle:
- Using any Bomb Launcher too close to an opponent will leave its user vulnerable to attack, so activate it outside the opponents' range.
- Suction-Bomb Launcher can either capture or hold onto a zone or another important area of the map, such as around the opponents' clam basket.
- It can also stall or stop an opponent's Tower push in a more direct manner than Sting Ray does. Note that attempting to stop the Tower in this manner forces you to be closer to the Tower, whereas Sting Ray can be used from a further, safer distance.
- Suction-Bomb Launcher can quickly pop the Rainmaker shield to instantly start or restart a Rainmaker push.
- An opponent's Splashdown or Booyah Bomb will defuse any Suction Bombs it comes in contact with. If possible, hold off activating Suction-Bomb Launcher until after the opponents have exhausted their special weapons first.
While one user of a short-ranged weapon such as the Clear Dapple Dualies might get away with a lack of range, having too many short-ranged weapons on a team without a longer-ranged weapon to provide support fire is often disadvantageous for a number of reasons:
- An opponent with a long-ranged weapon can more aggressively position themselves to zone out the entire shorter-ranged team.
- The opposing slayers can play more aggressively, knowing that there is no long-ranged threat to pick them off from afar.
- While the Dapple Dualies have a high DPS and fast dodge rolls, they still have an incredibly short range. To counter this, try to corner the user, and use a weapon with a longer range to splat them.
- The Dapples are good at helping teammates make a push, as well as preventing one. To counter this, check the map often for squid beakons, as well as the player icons above as those give away who has their special and who doesn't.
- Splashdown and Booyah Bomb, if timed properly, can negate the Suction Bombs of a Suction-Bomb Launcher.
- A counter Bomb Launcher can nullify the effects of Suction-Bomb Launcher, preventing its user's team from either capping a zone or continuing a push.
Gear abilities provide different effects in battle that benefit the player with their equipped weapon. This is a guide to gear abilities in relation to the weapon. Strategy, synergy, viability, and purpose may be written here.
Quick Respawn shortens respawn time after getting splatted (under specific conditions), encouraging a Clear Dapple Dualies user to remain aggressive even after getting splatted.
- 26 ability points – two mains and two subs – are enough to reduce the respawn time from 8.5 seconds to 5.8 seconds.
Sub Power Up decreases the time it takes to Super Jump to a Squid Beakon. Sub Power Up can help a Dapple Dualie user benefit from Squid Beakons more and allow their team to get back to the battlefield quickly to push.
A self-explanatory ability, Swim Speed Up enables an already mobile Dapple Dualies user to more rapidly close the distance towards an opponent, more quickly respond to an opponents' push, or even escape unfavorable situations.
- 16 ability points – one main and two subs – increase the swim speed from 2.02 to 2.19 units per frame.