The S-BLAST '92 is a mid-range blaster with high splatting potential whose main strength is having two distinct firing modes with very different characteristics.
The S-BLAST '92 has two firing modes: a mid-range mode with high accuracy and projectile speed and a smaller blast radius than all other blasters, as well as a short-range mode with low accuracy and the largest blast radius of any blaster except for the Clash Blaster.
- To activate the mid-range mode, press while grounded.
- It is possible to jump and shoot with the mid-range mode. This is done by first pressing and then pressing quickly afterwards. Unlike all other blasters, this comes with the upside of perfect accuracy while in the air, allowing for greater mobility overall while retaining the same accuracy. This should be the most common way to use the mid-range mode, as the weapon's mobility while grounded is very poor.
- To activate the short-range mode, press to jump and then press while airborne.
- Simply being airborne is not enough to trigger the short-range mode. The player has to press the button in order to change firing modes. It is important to note that it is possible to fire the short-range mode while grounded by first pressing and then just before landing, but there is little utility in doing so, since, unlike all other blasters, the short-range mode's accuracy doesn't increase when descending at the end of a jump.
One of S-BLAST '92's largest weaknesses is that it cannot paint for itself effectively, despite playing a front-line Slayer role. This limited mobility makes S-BLAST very vulnerable to being trapped and killed by opposing long-range weapons, as well as generally struggling to escape unfavorable situations. This can be balanced out by pairing S-BLAST with a weapon with good turfing capabilities, which not only provides paint support for the S-BLAST player, but general increased ink coverage to balance S-BLAST's limited turfing. Good options can include most Shooters and Splatlings.
Gear abilities provide different effects in battle that benefit the player with their equipped weapon. This is a guide to gear abilities in relation to the weapon. Strategy, synergy, viability, and purpose may be written here.
Quick Respawn is a good choice for S-Blast, as for most slayer weapons. This ability allows you to remain aggressive and keep pressure on the team after being splatted (under specific conditions), by reducing the time it takes to respawn.
- 16 Ability Points- 1 main and 2 subs, is enough to reduce quick respawn time from 8.5 seconds, to 6.66 seconds.
- Alternatively, 26 Ability Points works too, 2 mains and 2 subs, decreasing respawn time to 5.8 seconds.
Sub Resistance Up will only reduce the damage taken from opposing sub weapons that are not one-hit-splat but will also reduce the duration of the tracking effects of certain opponent's sub and special weapons, such as Point Sensors and Ink Mines, allowing the user of this ability to evade detection more easily. One sub provides enough utility for almost any weapon.