The Reefslider is a special weapon that the player rides, in a straight line, to a certain point which the player can change by hitting ZR to have it explode early. Enemies that get hit by the moving Reefslider or get caught in its inner explosion will get instantly splatted, while those that get hit by its outer explosion will take a significant amount of damage that can be followed up on by the user or their teammates.
Reefslider can be used to chase down and splat weakened opponents, enter enemy territory, or escape from enemies.
- Try not to use it while facing a ledge, as it is possible to fall off and die.
- Reefslider is useful in Splat Zones for painting over the zone, or in Rainmaker for instantly popping the shield as long as the shield hasn't been damaged by the opponents.
- Reefslider pairs very well with the Dark Tetra Dualies as its aggressive nature matches the weapon's playstyle. The Tetra Dualies' four dodge rolls can be used after the special ends in order to escape.
- Reefslider's outer explosion damage can combo with the S-BLAST '92's splash damage.
- The Reefslider is vulnerable before and after deploying, which can be exploited.
- Weapons with long range, such as Chargers or Splatlings can take advantage of the endlag without being in danger.