This article discusses content that is not part of the official Splatoon series canon but is part of the community or competitive gaming space.
|This article or section is a stub.|
You can help the wiki by adding to it.
The Echolocator is a global special that tags all alive opponents with circling black squid arrows and an ink-colored line, allowing them to be seen through opaque objects by the user's team, similar to the Point Sensor. Hence, this is purely a supportive special weapon.
- This special is useful to tracking flanking players and those who use Ninja Squid.
- Like all specials, the Echolocator refills the user's ink tank upon use. However, this special still allows the usage of main and sub weapons, allowing it to be used as a free, instant refill at low ink.
- Activating this special instantly empties the special gauge instead of it gradually depleting for the tagging duration, allowing it to be filled immediately after activation.
- This special is very useful for Charger users as it allows them to track far opponents for easy splats.
- Cold-Blooded ability reduces the wearer's duration of being tagged by 50%.
- Haunt ability provides the wearer some points of Damage Up, Defense Up, and Run Speed Up when being tagged by an Echolocator user.
- The brief visual effect of black arrows flying from the opposing user to your team can be seen by your team, which can be used to help locating the user.
- Little else can be done to counteract this special, so taking up a defensive playstyle for the duration of the tagging can help your team staying alive.