Cold-Blooded shortens the duration of any position-tracking effects inflicted on the wearer.
Cold-Blooded is rather versatile, as any weapon or play style can benefit from not being tracked. However, it reaches its full potential when used with a stealthy, mobile weapon, such as the Carbon Roller; it can enhance the sneakiness of a weapon, facilitating ambushes. A loud or otherwise conspicuous weapon may give itself away to surrounding enemies, no tracking needed.
Cold Blooded shortens the duration of position-tracking to 50% of normal tracking time. It is restricted to clothing as a main ability, and cannot be rolled as a sub ability.
This ability is found as the main ability only on clothing, so other abilities found only on clothing are mutually exclusive with it; in other words players cannot have them together. These abilities are Recon, Haunt, and Ninja Squid. In addition, since wearing the Splatfest Tee is mandatory during a Splatfest, these abilities cannot be used for the duration of those events.
The following gear items have Cold Blooded as their main ability.
Cold Blooded reduces tracking duration by 50%. This applies to all forms of tracking:
- Point Sensors normally lasts 8 seconds, but this is reduced to 4 seconds.
- Haunt normally lasts 9 seconds, but is reduced to roughly 4.5 seconds.
- The Echolocator's duration can vary if the user has Special Duration Up equipped. Without any, it will have its tracking time reduced from 9 seconds to 4.5 seconds. With the maximum amount of Special Duration Up equipped, it will last 12.6 seconds normally and 6.3 seconds on a target with Cold Blooded.
|Before 2.2.0||2.2.0 to 2.6.0||2.7.0|
Times are in seconds
- ▼ Tracking time reduction decreased by 33%: up to 75% → up to 50%
In Splatoon 2, Cold-Blooded is no longer a mutual exclusive ability, meaning that it is now a stackable ability. Annaki and Toni Kensa gear has a 5× chance of rolling this ability. Inkline gear has a 1/2× chance of rolling this ability.
Cold-Blooded is the main ability of:
A graph showing the effect of Cold-Blooded on Point Sensors.
- ▲ Tracking time reduction increased by 50%: up to 50% → up to 75%
- ▲ Tracking time reduction increased by 20%: up to 75% → up to 90%
- ▲ Cold-Blooded now also increases the area in which the player is immune to the revealing effects of Thermal Ink, Haunt, and the Sting Ray.
Names in other languages
|Japanese||マーキング時間短縮 (Splatoon 2)
Mākingu Jikan Tanshuku
|Marking Time Shortening
|Italian||Batteria difettosa (Splatoon 2)
|Squid 004 (could be a reference to Agent 007 and Agent 4)|
|Spanish (NOA)||Sangre fría||Cold blood|
|Abilities in Splatoon|
|Abilities in Splatoon 2|