Cold-Blooded shortens the duration of any position-tracking effects inflicted on the wearer.
Cold-Blooded is rather versatile, as any weapon or play style can benefit from not being tracked. However, it reaches its full potential when used with a stealthy, mobile weapon, such as the Carbon Roller; it can enhance the sneakiness of a weapon, facilitating ambushes. A loud or otherwise conspicuous weapon may give itself away to surrounding enemies, no tracking needed.
Cold Blooded shortens the duration of position-tracking to 50% of normal tracking time. It is restricted to clothing as a main ability, and cannot be rolled as a sub ability.
This ability is found as the main ability only on clothing, so other abilities found only on clothing are mutually exclusive with it; in other words players cannot have them together. These abilities are Recon, Haunt, and Ninja Squid. In addition, since wearing the Splatfest Tee was mandatory during a Splatfest, these abilities could not be used for the duration of those events.
The following gear items have Cold Blooded as their main ability.
Cold Blooded reduces tracking duration by 50%. This applies to all forms of tracking:
- Point Sensors normally lasts 8 seconds, but this is reduced to 4 seconds.
- Haunt normally lasts 9 seconds, but is reduced to roughly 4.5 seconds.
- The Echolocator's duration can vary if the user has Special Duration Up equipped. Without any, it will have its tracking time reduced from 9 seconds to 4.5 seconds. With the maximum amount of Special Duration Up equipped, it will last 12.6 seconds normally and 6.3 seconds on a target with Cold Blooded.
|Before 2.2.0||2.2.0 to 2.6.0||2.7.0|
Times are in seconds
In Splatoon 2, Cold-Blooded was changed from a mutually exclusive ability to a stackable ability that was available on any gear type. Annaki and Toni Kensa gear had a 5x chance of rolling this ability. Inkline gear had a 1/2x chance of rolling this ability. It could stop the tracking effects of Point Sensors, Ink Mines, Thermal Ink, Haunt, and Sting Ray.
In version 4.3.0, Cold-Blooded was retired. The default ability of all gear with Cold-Blooded (except the Gray FA-11 Bomber, Pearlescent Crown and Fringed Loafers) became Main Power Up. Players can still get the effect of Cold-Blooded with Bomb Defense Up DX, an ability that was introduced in the same update.
A graph showing the effect of Cold-Blooded on Thermal Ink.
- In Splatoon 2, Cold-Blooded was the only stackable ability that was favored by two brands.
- In real life, all squids are ectothermic, or "cold-blooded", which the Cold-Blooded ability is likely a reference to.
Names in other languages
|Japanese||マーキング時間短縮 (Splatoon 2)
Mākingu Jikan Tanshuku
|Marking Time Shortening|
|Italian||Batteria difettosa (Splatoon 2)
|Squid 004 (could be a reference to Agent 007 and Agent 4)|
|Spanish (NOA)||Sangre fría||Cold blood|