Competitive:Big Swig Roller Express
The Big Swig Roller Express is a supportive roller-type weapon which has a wide horizontal flick and farther vertical range compared to most other rollers, and a slightly faster fire rate than the Splat Roller. According to Sheldon, this weapon was made to ink lots of turf, and it has a set that synergizes well with its strengths to help make up for its weak damage output. Unlike the Big Swig Roller's defense-oriented set, Angle Shooter and Ink Storm can deal damage and deny large areas that can further help the roller paint and stay alive.
- The Big Swig Roller Express can be used well in Turf War and Splat Zones due to its excellent turfing capabilities.
- The Angle Shooter can help with the Big Swig Roller Express's movement, as it can be used to quickly paint the player's feet. It can also help make up for the Big Swig Roller Express's poor damage, as a direct hit of the Angle Shooter can combo with a vertical or horizontal flick of the roller. Ink Storm augments the main weapon's extremely strong area-denial capabilities and also gives it another combo tool that can also be used to displace enemies.
- The Big Swig Roller Express is weak in combat against other players due to its low damage. However, its high damage to objects is one of its key features. It deals twice as much damage to any object (ex: brella shields, rainmaker shields, Squid Beakons) as it would to players.
- The Big Swig Roller Express's quick swing rate can compensate for its low damage, as it can splat enemies in at most 3 quick swings.
- The Big Swig Express is weak in combat, so it's better to stay behind and get your team's base painted while your teammates fight for mid. After you've got a good base covering, you can progress to mid and lend a hand to some of your teammates, with you turf coverage and splatting power.
The Big Swig Roller Express is able to cover the weaknesses of some weapons due to its great paint output. Weapons with below-average paint coverage, such as blasters, stringers, chargers, won't be as much of a detriment to a team when the Big Swig Roller Express can paint for them.
- The Big Swig Roller Express can't output a lot of damage, so weapons with high DPS can easily overwhelm it. Due to the Big Swig Roller Express's low damage at long range, mid- to long-range weapons can hit and out-damage it from safe positions.