Can you help us get it done?
- For information about the Undercover Brella, see Undercover Brella.
|Strengths||Can fire while holding up shield, Sort of difficult to 1 v 1|
|Weaknesses||Slow kill time, low damage, low shield hp, small shield, range, fire rate, cannot launch shield, lackluster kit, low DPS, cannot reliably hit 3 shots, paint, ink efficiency, cannot 2 v 1, vulnerable to Chargers, Stringers, Splatanas, Blasters and Sloshers.|
The Undercover Brella has a shield, and unlike the Tenta Brella and the Splat Brella, can fire while holding up its shield. However this comes at the cost of its damage, shield hp, and it cannot launch its shield.The Undercover Brella has a very lackluster kit, and it does not synergize very well. The Undercover Brella does not have very much range, and ink mine does not help with poking, while its low damage cannot combo very well with Reefslider. The sub and special are also somewhat weak.
Being able to hold up and shield while firing, as well as being a lightweight weapon, allow it to fill the role of a skirmisher:
- Its short range, as well as low shield HP, means it will be difficult to rush opponents head-on.
- It is advised to try to surprise a lone opponent, as its small shield makes it difficult to fight multiple opponents from different angles
- The Undercover Brella also has decent turfing, allowing it to maintain map control, capture Splat Zones, and quickly build up the special gauge
- What sets the Undercover Sorella Brella apart from many other weapons is its shield, which can provide its user good temporary protection whenever strafing is not an option, such as in a narrow passage or on the Tower:
- If an Undercover Sorella Brella's shield is either damaged or destroyed, it can be restored by either splatting or assisting in splatting an opponent or, if the shield is destroyed, by waiting 270 frames, or 4.5 seconds.
Gear abilities provide different effects in battle that benefit the player with their equipped weapon. This is a guide to gear abilities in relation to the weapon. Strategy, synergy, viability, and purpose may be written here.
In competitive play
The Undercover Brella is commonly seen as one of the worst weapons in the game and therefore sees no competitive usage.
- ↑ "PAX East Finals Part 2 | Splatoon 2 North America Inkling Open 2019" Game 1, 2-D (FTWin) remains on the Tower while fending off Zero (Demise) with the Kensa Undercover Brella in Overtime