|Unofficial! This article discusses content that is not part of the official Splatoon series canon but is part of the community or competitive gaming space.|
- The Squeezer's mechanics, range in semiautomatic mode, and special weapon make it a support weapon:
- Tap to fire in semiautomatic mode; hold down to switch to fully automatic mode.
- The semiautomatic mode's long range – between those of the Dynamo Roller's vertical swing and the Heavy Splatling – allows for easy zoning out of opponents.
- The perfect accuracy of its semiautomatic mode makes it more reliable than similarly ranged weapons, such as the H-3 Nozzlenose and the Dualie Squelchers.
- Main Power Up can increase the damage per shot of the semiautomatic mode up to 49.4 with the maximum 57 ability points. 30 ability points – or three mains – set it to 46.5. Less importantly, damage per shot of the fully automatic mode maxes out to 33.3 at 20 ability points — or two mains.
- The fully automatic mode is short ranged and loses accuracy the longer it is fired but is more efficient at turfing than the semiautomatic mode.
- The Squeezer has two main weakness: low ink efficiency and slow firing rate:
- Its ink efficiency is worse than that of the Splattershot Pro. Always check the ink tank and avoid getting caught in the middle of opposing ink.
- Its slow firing rate can be exploited by quicker firing slayer's weapons that get too close, so keep an eye out for both flankers and sharks.
- A less notable weakness is its turfing, particularly when compared to other support weapons. In general, focus more on splatting opposing support players instead of trying to out-turf them with a slower firing, less ink efficient weapon.
- Splash Wall can be used to temporarily stop enemy pushes, allowing teammates to catch up, and be there when the splash wall breaks
- With its impressive range, superior accuracy, and good damage, the Squeezer is difficult for most other weapons to challenge in a straight one-on-one matchup.
- With a shorter ranged, quicker firing weapon, flank, shark, or outmaneuver (e.g. via dodge rolling) the Squeezer to exploit its slow firing rate.
- If a Brella can get within range, it can pose a problem for the slow firing Squeezer.
- When attacking with Bombs, try to throw them behind the opposing Squeezer to force the opponent closer or detonate on the Sqeezer's Splash Wall.
- Longer ranged weapons, such as most chargers and some splatlings, generally have an advantage over the Squeezer. Note that the Heavy Splatling and its variants barely outrange the Squeezer but definitely outfire it.
Gear abilities provide different effects in battle that benefit the player with their equipped weapon. This is a guide to gear abilities in relation to the weapon. Strategy, synergy, viability, and purpose may be written here.
Increases semiautomatic mode damage up to 49.4.
Increases Sting Ray Duration.