|“||Say hello to our little friends.||”|
— SplatoonUK on Splatlings
Splatlings are one of the five Main Weapon classifications in Splatoon. These Gatling gun/Rotary cannon-style weapons are somewhat similar to Chargers, in that they must charge for a short time to increase effectiveness. However, rather than extending damage and range, a Splatling's charge increases its fire duration. While their stats do vary, they all have a high fire rate (equal to the Aerospray), low damage (equal to that of the Splattershot Jr.), and impressive range.
List of Splatlings
- The Heavy Splatling Series
- Heavy Splatling – The first available Splatling in Splatoon. It has to be charged in bursts before it can fire, but has a very impressive range and high fire rate. Comes with Splash Walls and the Inkstrike.
- The Mini Splatling Series
- Mini Splatling – A smaller Splatling with a fast charge time and better mobility at the cost of some range and firing duration. It comes in a set with Suction Bombs and the Inkzooka.
- The Hydra Splatling Series
- Hydra Splatling – A massive tank of a Splatling. It boasts a tremendous range rivaling that of Chargers but has a very slow charge rate and low mobility. It comes in a set with Splat Bombs and the Echolocator.
- The Mini Splatling series
- The Heavy Splatling series
- Heavy Splatling – The Heavy Splatling returns for Splatoon 2. It comes with the Sprinklers sub and the Sting Ray special.
- The Hydra Splatling series
The Heavy Splatling.
The Heavy Splatling Deco.
The Mini Splatling.
The Zink Mini Splatling.
The Hydra Splatling.
Promo image of a male Inkling posing with a Heavy Splatling (no background).
A female Inkling firing a Heavy Splatling at Flounder Heights.
Names in other languages