New Squidbeak Splatoon
The New Squidbeak Splatoon is a secret platoon of soldiers created to battle the Octarians and the successor to the Squidbeak Splatoon. It was formed by Cap'n Cuttlefish after the Great Zapfish was stolen by the Octarians. He recruited his granddaughter, Callie, who in turn recruited her cousin Marie, into the platoon to search for the missing Zapfish. Cap'n Cuttlefish later persuaded Agent 3 to join as well.
The New Squidbeak Splatoon successfully defeated the Great Octoweapons and DJ Octavio on two different occasions, recruiting Agent 4 and several affiliates on the second occasion. Together, they recaptured the stolen Zapfish and restored power to Inkopolis.
- Agent 1 - One of the Squid Sisters in disguise, Callie wears a pink beanie decorated with a large golden star, a pink sweatshirt, and sunglasses to conceal her identity. As the cousin of Agent 2, the two took over Cap'n Cuttlefish's role as mentor for Agent 3 when he was captured. In the final boss battle of Splatoon, they hijacked DJ Octavio's transmission and played the Calamari Inkantation, allowing Cap'n Cuttlefish to escape his imprisonment. Agent 1 was never directly seen in Octo Valley; she was only acknowledged through Cap'n Cuttlefish's monologues and DJ Octavio's radio transmissions. In Splatoon 2, she was kidnapped and mind-controlled with "hypnoshades" by DJ Octavio, assisting him during the final boss battle before being rescued by Marie and Agent 4. She continues to support the New Squidbeak Splatoon in Splatoon 3.
- Agent 2 - The other Squid Sister, Marie wears a green hat embroidered with an orange emblem, a green shirt, and a surgical mask to conceal her identity and worked with Agent 1 to stop DJ Octavio in Splatoon. Like her cousin, Agent 2 was never directly seen in Octo Valley. In Splatoon 2, she recruited Agent 4 and acted as their mentor, also appearing during the final boss battle to free Agent 1 from the mind-control of the "hypnoshades" by shooting them off with a Hero Charger. She continues to support the New Squidbeak Splatoon in Splatoon 3.
- Agent 3 - The player character in Splatoon entered Octo Valley to be immediately greeted by Cap'n Cuttlefish, who recruited them to defeat DJ Octavio and rescue the Great Zapfish along the way. They reappeared in the Octo Expansion to help support Cuttlefish but was attacked by the Telephone and briefly hypnotised into battling Agent 8. As of Splatoon 3, they are the captain of the New Squidbeak Splatoon after Cuttlefish's retirement.
- Agent 4 - The player character in Splatoon 2 entered Octo Canyon and promptly met Marie, who gave them a new Hero Suit and entrusted them with finding the missing Great Zapfish and Callie. They eventually found and defeated DJ Octavio, freeing Callie from his mind control and rescuing the Great Zapfish.
- Agent 3 (new) - The player character in Splatoon 3 and their little buddy are recruited from the Splatlands in response to the appearance of Fuzzy Ooze and the Mammalians.
- Craig Cuttlefish - The captain of the Squidbeak Splatoon and leader of the New Squidbeak Splatoon, he resided in a small shack in Octo Valley, wearing tattered clothing and a ragged Cap of Legend. He acted as Agent 3's mentor for most of Splatoon before he was captured by DJ Octavio. In the Octo Expansion, he helped guide Agent 8 from the Deepsea Metro to get back to Inkopolis. As of Splatoon 3, he has retired and handed his role to Agent 3.
These characters have all worked for or with the New Squidbeak Splatoon, but are either not full members, or their full membership status is currently unknown.
- Sheldon - As noted by Marie at Cuttlefish Cabin, Sheldon was invited to be part of the New Squidbeak Splatoon in Splatoon 2, but declined, maintaining that the "technology team" must keep distance from the "troops on the front lines". Nevertheless, he still provided assistance, lending Agent 4 several hero weapons and occasionally commenting and giving advice during missions. During the final boss battle, he was seen driving a flying truck with Marie on top, reminiscent of the trucks used during Splatoon's Splatfests.
- Agent 8 - The first Octoling affiliate of the New Squidbeak Splatoon. They were knocked into the Deepsea Metro alongside Cap'n Cuttlefish and Agent 3 by an unknown third party. They escaped the depths with the help of Cuttlefish and Off the Hook and later saved Inkopolis from being destroyed by Commander Tartar.
- Pearl - This Inkling wanted to help out Agent 8 and Cap'n Cuttlefish upon overhearing them in the Deepsea Metro. She did so through giving advice and by cheering, as well as lending Agent 8 some CQ Points when they ran out. She also taught Cap'n Cuttlefish some rapping tips.
- Marina - This Octoling also helped Agent 8 and Cap'n Cuttlefish during the Octo Expansion, feeling that she wanted to help her fellow Octoling escape. She did so by giving advice and hacking into the metro's systems when needed.
- If the player talks to Marie in Splatoon 2 for too long before completing the story mode, she might mention that she may have to look for an Agent 5.
Names in other languages
|New! Squidbeak Unit|
|Dutch||Nieuwe Kraakcommando's||New Kraken commandos|
|French (NOE)||L'escadron Espadon, nouvelle version||The swordfish squadron, new version|
|German||Neue Aquamarine||New Aquamarine|
|Italian||Nuova Divisione Branchia||New Gill Division|
|Russian||Новый отряд специального назначения «Спрут»
Nobyy otryad spetsial'nogo naznacheniya «Sprut»
|New special assignment squad «Sprut»|
|Korean||New! 오징어입 부대
New! ojing-eoib budae
|New! Squidbeak Unit|
Characters in Splatoon
Characters in Splatoon 2
Characters in Splatoon 3