|“||The king cannot be defeated.||”|
— Emperor in volume five of the manga.
Emperor is a male Inkling from the Splatoon manga. He is the leader of Team Emperor and his ink is sun yellow, and blue whilst temporarily joining Team Blue. He first appeared at the end of Volume 3 and has been in Volumes 4, 5, 6, 9, 10, 11, 13, and 14.
Emperor has a hairstyle similar to the "hipster" style, with no ponytail. He wears the Eminence Cuff, Milky Eminence Jacket, and Milky Enperrials. His weapons are the Enperry Splat Dualies. He wears an identical outfit to his younger brother, Prinz. He is taller and older than most, and has rhombus-shaped eyes. His main ink color is sun yellow, though this can change, as shown when he has to join Team Blue to replace Specs, due to the latter having been attacked by bees (the same thing having happened to Army, although he was replaced by Rider). Unique to him and Prinz, he has red pupils, though the reason is currently unknown.
In the Ranked Battle Arc, he wears a Black Velour Octoking Tee instead of his coat, but the rest of his gear remains the same. He often wears a ring, but the reason for this is currently unknown. In Volume 11, whilst replacing Specs due to wasp sting injuries, he shatters the lenses of his Retro Specs and wears them for the battle against X-Blood.
He is well known for getting 99.99% in a Turf War and leading the highly regarded Team Emperor. Emperor was known for being very prideful and cocky, (calling lesser players 'peasants'), but shows his more carefree side after fighting Team Blue. Though he is strict with his brother Prinz and his team's actions in battle, he does seem to care for them and praised them when they did their best in their fight against Team X-Blood. During the finals match with Team Blue, he sees his team having fun and begins to doubt their battling method.
In Volume Five after his match with Rider, he dirtied his shoe sole with Rider's ink, and became annoyed and irritated because he prides himself as his whole team and was known for never stepping foot in enemy ink.
After the Square King Cup arc, Emperor leaves on a journey of self-growth and to train, leaving Prinz in charge of the team. Since then, he has become more of a funny man, but maintains his arrogant air and habit of referring to himself as "The King", and calling others commoners. Despite these quirks, he seems to genuinely want to improve himself, for both himself and his team.
Emperor art for the Champion vs. Challenger Splatfest.
A sketch of Emperor that Sankichi Hinodeya made on Twitter.
- His gear is the first set of manga-exclusive gear available. Serial codes exclusive to Japan were released in an issue of CoroCoro magazine to unlock the Eminence Cuff, Milky Eminence Jacket, and Milky Enperrials.
- These codes have since expired, and this gear is therefore unobtainable.
- He gave Gloves his first set of Splat Dualies before the events of the manga.
- Emperor refers to himself with the kanji for 'king'. Given his and Prinz's names, as well as their appearance and status, their family appears to be rich.
- When getting pantsed, Emperor's privates are censored like other characters, but unlike them who have symbols of their species, Emperor's censor is his team's symbol.
- The team naturally gathers to practice, even without Emperor's order to do so.
- The parents of Emperor's teammates have known each other for a long time.
- It was stated that Emperor had won the Square King Cup four years in a row.
- In Chapter 23, Emperor accidentally works a Grizzco Industries shift because Mr. Grizz said it would be good training. He ended up being with Mask, Goggles and Gloves for a Salmon Run.
- In the Volume 9 bonus chapter, Emperor helps out at Crusty Sean's food truck for a day. He tells Crusty Sean that new experiences are vital to becoming a greater king, both in and out of battle.
- Coincidentally, him working there and accidentally causing the food truck to explode set off the events of the Ranked Tournament arc.
- He was on Team Order for the final Splatfest.