- For other things called "Specs", see Specs (disambiguation).
In his debut appearance, he wore the Retro Specs, Vintage Check Shirt, and White Kicks as well as wielding the Inkbrush. Starting with Volume Three, he maintains his Retro Specs but wears a Baby-Jelly Shirt & Tie and a pair of Smoky Wingtips. He then uses the Octobrush in addition to a few other brushes, such as when he wielded the Inkbrush Nouveau against Emperor. In the Octo Expansion escape chapter of the manga, he is seen using an Undercover Brella, hinting that Specs may be skilled in more than one weapon class. His normal appearance in Splatoon 2 consists of his Retro Specs, Baby-Jelly Shirt & Tie and Smoky Wingtips. In Splatoon 3: Splatlands, he kept his Retro Specs, but changed his clothing to Business Animal and his shoes to Dark-Roast Boaties.
Specs is almost always seen with a serious demeanor. He is shown to be very anxious, which he tries to conceal to the best of his ability. Specs is shown to have a wide array of knowledge regarding Turf Wars, Ranked Battle modes, and various weapons, but he gets upset when others don't listen to the advice he gives. Like Headphones, Specs is shown to dislike the random shenanigans that Goggles gets himself into, like getting naked in public and pulling down the pants of various Inklings.
Specs in artwork drawn by the art director of Splatoon.
Specs in the The Champion vs. The Challenger promotional art.
Specs in his pre-Splatoon 3 outfit.
- Specs is the actual leader of Team Blue despite Goggles being the mascot of the manga.
- Specs is near-sighted, as shown by the bonus manga for Volume 7.
- It is possible that Specs is jealous of Gloves, as when Gloves often gets attention, Specs can be seen, flustered, in the background.
- In the Square King Ranked Tournament arc, Specs is attacked by bees and is replaced by Emperor, similarly to Army.
- He was on Team Order for the final Splatfest.
Names in other languages
|French||Mr. Binoclard||Mr. Nerd|