|“||Avast! Octocopters below!||”|
Octocopters are small Octarian fighters equipped with a large propeller helmet that allows them to hover. They have small legs adorned with what appear to be helicopter landing skids, but they are never seen using them as they are always in the air. Octocopters hover in one area until they see the player, at which point they become visibly agitated and begin to move, with difficulty, towards them. They are capable of firing slow-moving balls of purple ink, like Octotroopers, and can be splatted easily from a close distance. However, firing ink at them from far away will slightly knock them backwards, possibly knocking them out of range.
Octocopters appear in thirteen Octo Valley missions as well as one boss mission.
- Rise of the Octocopters (Mission #3)
- Gusher Gauntlet (Mission #4)
- Floating Sponge Garden (Mission #5)
- Propeller-Lift Playground (Mission #6)
- Spreader Splatfest (Mission #7)
- Unidentified Flying Object (Mission #9)
- Inkvisible Avenues (Mission #11)
- Shifting Splatforms (Mission #13)
- Undeniable Flying Object (Mission #15)
- Propeller-Lift Fortress (Mission #16)
- Spinning Spreaders (Mission #18)
- Unwelcome Flying Object (Mission #21)
- Pinwheel Power Plant (Mission #24)
- Enter the Octobot King! (Boss #5)
- Sunset Octocopter (Mission #3)
- The Octopark (Mission #5)
- Back-Alley Cleanup (Mission #7)
- Spinning Campground (Mission #8)
- Dancing Floors (Mission #13)
- Secret Bowling Alley (Mission #16)
- Towering Heights (Mission #18)
- The Experimentorium (Mission #19)
- Propellerland (Mission #20)
- The Octo Shower (Boss #4)
- The Octogalaxy (Mission #23)
- Platform Madhouse (Mission #25)
- Maverick Station
- Breakdance Station
- Shrinky Ink Station
- Abracadabra Station
- Ink from Above Station
- Goose Station
- Da Bomb Station
- Bodacious Rotation Station
- Cubular Station
- Hasta La Vista Station
- Ink 'n' Slide Station
- Iceman Station
- Can't Touch This Station
- All Eyez Station
- Ride with Me Station
- Cool Your Jets Station
- Outrageous Station
- Coccyx Phase
- Belly Phase
- Diaphragm Phase
- Peristalsis Phase
Return of the Mammalians
- Boxes Locked! Keys, Please!
- Doors, Doors, Doors! And More! (Doors)
- The String's the Thing
- Propellered to Greatness
- Splash the Block Party
- Low Viz, High Risk
- Octarian Heights
- Mission: Fly-Fishin'
- Alterna Space Center: Hangar
- Rocket Battle
- Return of the Mammalians
- When Octocopters are in groups and cannot see the player, they will sometimes appear to be dancing.
- In Octo Canyon, Octocopters and Rocket Octocopters are the only Octarians to appear alongside a boss that is not unique to the boss mission, the Octo Shower.
Agent 3 battling an Octocopter.
An Octocopter approaching an Inkling.
Rise of the Octocopters icon.
Unwelcome Flying Object icon.
A render of an Octocopter from Splatoon 2.
The mem cake of an Octocopter.
Unofficial render of the Octocopter's game model from Splatoon 2 on The Models Resource.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Octokopter||From octo and helikopter (helicopter)|
|French (NOE)||Tentavole||From tentacle and voler (to fly)|
|German||Oktokopter||From okto (octo) and Helikopter (helicopter)|
|Italian||Polpottero||From polpo (octopus) and elicottero (helicopter)|
|From осьминог os'minog (octopus) and -лёт -lyot, indicating something flying|
|Spanish||Octocóptero||From octo and helicóptero (helicopter)|
Zhāngyú luóxuánjiǎng bīng
|Octopus propeller trooper|