Octosnipers are Octarian fighters that shoot ink with long, thin weapons.
Octosnipers appear much taller than many of their Octarian counterparts. They are stationed on immobile platforms, where they blow shots of ink through instruments that appear similar to a lengthened megaphone. They wear a set of goggles, with a laser sight protruding from their left eye. They also appear to posses short, stubby legs.
- Octosniper Ramparts (Mission #17)
- Splat-Switch Revolution (Mission #22)
- Far-Flung Flooders (Mission #25)
- Unavoidable Flying Object (Mission #27)
- Octo-Resort Spring (Mission #12)
- Dancing Floors (Mission #13)
- Parking Garage (Mission #14)
- Secret Bowling Alley (Mission #16)
- Towering Heights (Mission #18)
- Propellerland (Mission #20)
- Octolings Ahoy! (Mission #21)
- The Octogalaxy (Mission #23)
- Bounce with Me Station
- Brute Rollup Station
- Phat Splatz Station
- Move It Move It Station
- Right Round Station
- McFly Station
- Abracadabra Station
- Mad Props Station
- Goose Station
- Labyrinth Station
- Hypercolor Station
- Squee-G Funk Station
- Bodacious Rotation Station
- Hasta La Vista Station
- House Party Station
- Ink 'n' Slide Station
- Gnarly Rails Station
- Freakazoid Station
- Wack 8-Ball Station
- Slap Bracelet Station
- Ballercise Station
- Toastmaster Station
- Can't Touch This Station
- All Eyez Station
- Ride with Me Station
- Footloose Station
- Coccyx Phase
- Villi Phase
- Diaphragm Phase
Octosnipers are completely immobile unless on a moving platform. They are traditionally situated in higher locations to get a better shot at the player. When an Octosniper spots a player, they will focus their laser sight on the player, charge, and fire a blast similar to that of a fully charged shot from a weapon in the charger category. This creates a trail of purple ink.
It is recommended the player stays behind cover and hide in their ink when confronting an Octosniper, as a direct hit from one is fatal. The most effective way of dealing with an Octosniper is to get close to it through ink or cover and spray it down before it notices. If there is no easy cover or ink available, a sub weapon such as a Splat Bomb can distract it to give the player time. These sub weapons can also be easily used to splat it in general given the fact that Octosnipers cannot move and, in turn, cannot run away from a sub weapon. Octosnipers are quite observant and will notice the player if they swim to fast in ink. Octosnipers are very powerful on a distance, but they cannot fire when the player is close. Touching one will cause the player to recoil, but nothing else.
- It takes about two shots to get splatted by an Octosniper.
- Octosnipers can be distracted by using Splat Bombs, Burst Bombs, and Seekers. The Octosniper will aim at the sub weapon but will not fire ink.
- However, they will not become distracted by sub weapons in Octo Canyon.
Size comparison with an Inkling.
An Octosniper in Splat-Switch Revolution.
An Octosniper in Unavoidable Flying Object.
A render of an Octosniper from Splatoon 2.
Names in other languages
|French||Tentatourelle||From Tentacule (tentacle) and tourelle (gun turret)|
|German||Oktoschütze||From okto (octo) and Schütze (shooter, rifleman)|
|Italian||Polpotiratore||From Polpo (octopus) and tiratore (sniper)|
From Octariano (Octarian) and francotirador (sniper)
|Spanish (NOE)||Octotirador||From Octariano (Octarian) and francotirador (sniper)|
Characters in Splatoon
Characters in Splatoon 2