Octosnipers are Octarian fighters that shoot ink with long, thin weapons.
Octosnipers appear much taller than many of their Octarian counterparts. They are stationed on immobile platforms, where they blow shots of ink through instruments that appear similar to a lengthened megaphone. They wear a set of goggles, with a laser sight protruding from their left eye. They also appear to posses short, stubby legs.
- Octosniper Ramparts (Mission #17)
- Splat-Switch Revolution (Mission #22)
- Far-Flung Flooders (Mission #25)
- Unavoidable Flying Object (Mission #27)
- Octo-Resort Spring (Mission #12)
- Dancing Floors (Mission #13)
- Parking Garage (Mission #14)
- Secret Bowling Alley (Mission #16)
- Towering Heights (Mission #18)
- Propellerland (Mission #20)
- Octolings Ahoy! (Mission #21)
- The Octogalaxy (Mission #23)
Octosnipers are completely immobile unless on a moving platform. They are traditionally situated in higher locations to get a better shot at the player. When an Octosniper spots a player, they will focus their laser sight on the player, charge, and fire a blast similar to that of a fully charged shot from a weapon in the charger category. This creates a trail of purple ink.
It is recommended the player stays behind cover and hide in their ink when confronting an Octosniper, as a direct hit from one is fatal. The most effective way of dealing with an Octosniper is get close to it through ink or cover and spray it down before it notices. If there is no easy cover or ink available, a Sub Weapon such as a Splat Bomb can distract it to give the player time. These sub weapons can also be easily used to splat it in general given the fact that Octosnipers cannot move and, in turn, can't run away from a sub weapon. Octosnipers are quite observant, and will notice the player if they swim to fast in ink. Octosnipers are very powerful on a distance, but they can't fire when the player is close. Touching one will cause the player to recoil, but nothing else.
- It takes about 2 shots to get splatted by an Octosniper
- Octosnipers can be distracted by using Splat Bombs, Burst Bombs, and Seekers. The Octosniper will aim at the Sub Weapon but will not fire Ink.
- However, they will not become distracted by Sub Weapons in Octo Canyon.
Size comparison with an Inkling.
An Octosniper in Splat-Switch Revolution.
An Octosniper in Unavoidable Flying Object.
Names in other languages
|French||Tentatourelle||From Tentacule (tentacle) and tourelle (gun turret)|
|German||Oktoschütze||From okto (octo) and Schütze (shooter, rifleman)|
|Italian||Polpotiratore||From Polpo (octopus) and tiratore (sniper)|
From Octariano (Octarian) and francotirador (sniper)
|Spanish (NOE)||Octotirador||From Octariano (Octarian) and francotirador (sniper)|
Characters in Splatoon
Characters in Splatoon 2