Octosnipers appear much taller than many of their Octarian counterparts. They are stationed on immobile platforms, where they blow shots of ink through instruments that appear similar to a lengthened megaphone. They wear a set of goggles with a laser sight protruding from their left eye. The green laser that comes from the sight reveals where they are looking, and the laser turns red when they spot Agent 3, Agent 4, Agent 8, or a bomb. They also appear to possess short, stubby legs, a feature they share with all other Octarians besides Octolings.
- Octosniper Ramparts (Mission #17)
- Splat-Switch Revolution (Mission #22)
- Far-Flung Flooders (Mission #25)
- Unavoidable Flying Object (Mission #27)
- Octo-Resort Spring (Mission #12)
- Dancing Floors (Mission #13)
- Parking Garage (Mission #14)
- Secret Bowling Alley (Mission #16)
- Towering Heights (Mission #18)
- Propellerland (Mission #20)
- Octolings Ahoy! (Mission #21)
- The Octogalaxy (Mission #23)
- Bounce with Me Station
- Brute Rollup Station
- Phat Splatz Station
- Move It Move It Station
- Right Round Station
- McFly Station
- Abracadabra Station
- Mad Props Station
- Goose Station
- Labyrinth Station
- Hypercolor Station
- Squee-G Funk Station
- Bodacious Rotation Station
- Hasta La Vista Station
- House Party Station
- Ink 'n' Slide Station
- Gnarly Rails Station
- Freakazoid Station
- Wack 8-Ball Station
- Slap Bracelet Station
- Ballercise Station
- Toastmaster Station
- Can't Touch This Station
- All Eyez Station
- Ride with Me Station
- Footloose Station
- Coccyx Phase
- Villi Phase
- Diaphragm Phase
Octosnipers are completely immobile unless on a moving platform. They are traditionally situated in higher locations to get a better shot at the player. When an Octosniper spots a player, they will focus their laser sight on the player, charge, and fire a blast similar to that of a fully charged shot from a weapon in the charger category. This creates a trail of purple ink.
It is recommended the player stays behind cover and hide in their ink when confronting an Octosniper, especially in Octo Canyon or Octo Expansion where they can break the player's armor in one hit. The most effective way of dealing with an Octosniper is to get close to it by swimming slowly through ink or cover and spray it down before it notices. Sub weapons such as Splat Bomb and Autobomb can also be easily used to splat it in general given the fact that Octosnipers cannot move and, in turn, cannot run away from a sub weapon. Octosnipers are quite observant and will notice the player if they swim too fast in ink. Octosnipers are very powerful on a distance, but they cannot fire when the player is close. Touching one will cause the player to recoil, but nothing else.
- In Octo Valley, it takes two shots for an Octosniper to splat the player or break their armor. In Octo Canyon and Octo Expansion, however, it takes only one shot from an Octosniper to break the player's armor or splat them.
- In Octo Valley, Octosnipers can be distracted by using Splat Bombs, Burst Bombs, and Seekers; The Octosniper will aim at the sub weapon but will not open fire. In Octo Canyon and Octo Expansion, Octosnipers will aim and fire at any airborne ink pellets or sub weapons they see, but will prioritize firing at the player if they see them too.
Size comparison with an Inkling.
An Octosniper in Octosniper Ramparts.
An Octosniper in Unavoidable Flying Object.
A render of an Octosniper from Splatoon 2.
A Sanitized Octosniper.
Model of an Octosniper from Splatoon 2.
Octosniper Ramparts Icon
Names in other languages
|French||Tentatourelle||From Tentacule (tentacle) and tourelle (gun turret)|
|German||Oktoschütze||From okto (octo) and Schütze (shooter, rifleman)|
|Italian||Polpotiratore||From Polpo (octopus) and tiratore (sniper)|
From Octariano (Octarian) and francotirador (sniper)
|Spanish (NOE)||Octotirador||From Octariano (Octarian) and francotirador (sniper)|
Characters in Splatoon
Characters in Splatoon 2