|Eye color||Blue with green sclera|
|Location||Octo Valley, Octo Canyon, Deepsea Metro, Alterna|
Octosnipers are Octarian enemies in Octo Valley, Octo Canyon, the Octo Expansion, and Return of the Mammalians that shoot ink with long, thin, charger-like weapons.
Octosnipers are much taller than most other Octarians. They are stationed on immobile platforms from which they blow shots of ink through instruments that appear similar to a lengthened megaphone. They wear a set of goggles with a laser sight protruding from their left eye. The green laser that comes from the sight reveals where they are looking, and the laser turns red when they spot the player or another suspicious object. Like many Octarians, they also appear to possess short, stubby legs.
Octosnipers are completely immobile unless on a moving platform. They are traditionally situated in higher locations to get a better shot at the player. When an Octosniper spots a player, they will focus their laser sight on the player, charge, and fire a blast similar to that of a fully charged shot from a weapon in the charger category. This creates a trail of ink.
It is recommended the player stays behind cover and hide in their ink when confronting an Octosniper, especially in Octo Canyon or the Octo Expansion where they can break the player's armor in one hit. The most effective way of dealing with an Octosniper is to get close to it by swimming slowly through ink or take cover and spray it down before it notices. Sub weapons such as Splat Bombs and Autobombs can also be easily used to splat it given the fact that Octosnipers cannot move and, in turn, cannot run away from a sub weapon. Octosnipers are quite observant and will notice the player if they swim too fast in ink. Octosnipers are very powerful at a distance, but their firing device is too long to reach the player when they are too close. Touching one will cause the player to recoil, but nothing else.
- Octosniper Ramparts (Mission #17)
- Splat-Switch Revolution (Mission #22)
- Far-Flung Flooders (Mission #25)
- Unavoidable Flying Object (Mission #27)
- Octo-Resort Spring (Mission #12)
- Dancing Floors (Mission #13)
- Parking Garage (Mission #14)
- Secret Bowling Alley (Mission #16)
- Towering Heights (Mission #18)
- Propellerland (Mission #20)
- Octolings Ahoy! (Mission #21)
- The Octogalaxy (Mission #23)
- A06 Bounce with Me Station
- B12 Brute Rollup Station
- B13 Phat Splatz Station
- C04 Move It Move It Station
- C08 Right Round Station
- C10 McFly Station
- C11 Abracadabra Station
- D04 Mad Props Station
- D09 Goose Station
- D10 Labyrinth Station
- E05 Hypercolor Station
- E09 Squee-G Funk Station
- E11 Bodacious Rotation Station
- G02 Hasta La Vista Station
- G03 House Party Station
- G04 B10 Ink 'n' Slide Station
- G06 A01 Gnarly Rails Station
- G08 Freakazoid Station
- G09 B05 Wack 8-Ball Station
- H01 D03 Slap Bracelet Station
- H02 Ballercise Station
- I01 G01 Toastmaster Station
- I04 Can't Touch This Station
- I06 All Eyez Station
- I07 C07 Ride with Me Station
- J04 Footloose Station
- Escape 01 Coccyx Phase
- Escape 02 Villi Phase
- Escape 05 Diaphragm Phase
Return of the Mammalians
- 0104 Doors, Doors, Doors! And More! (Doors)
- 0106 Zip, Splat, and Jump
- 0201 Twirling, Swirling, Whirling
- 0203 Soak It to Me!
- 0207 The Ink-Conservation Project
- 0303 Ink Wheels - Experience Tomorrow's Technology Today!
- 0307 Rail Pass
- 0407 Charge Now, Splat Later
- 0411 Stamp 'Em Out
- 0503 Uh-Oh! Too Many Snipers!
- 0506 Zipping over the Neighborhood
- 0508 Making Waves with Splashdowns
- 0509 Low Viz, High Risk
- 0511 Simply Zipcastic!
- 0512 You'll Go Far If You Shoot Far
- 0513 Learn to Reflect, and This One Is in the Bank
- 0602 Octarian Heights
- 0603 Torture Tour
- 0604 Conserve Ink - Splat Sustainably
- 0606 Keep It Rolling
- 0607 That Sinking Feeling
- 0608 Breathe In, Breathe Out
- 0609 Dive and Dash
- 0610 Mission: Fly-Fishin'
- Rocket 01 Alterna Space Center: Entrance
- Rocket 02 Alterna Space Center: Hangar
- Rocket 03 Alterna Space Center: Lift
- Rocket 04 The Spirit Lifter: Steerage
- Rocket 05 The Spirit Lifter: First Class
- In Octo Valley, it takes two shots for an Octosniper to splat the player or break their armor. In Octo Canyon, the Octo Expansion, and Return of the Mammalians, however, it takes only one shot from an Octosniper to break the player's armor or splat them.
- In Octo Valley, Octosnipers can be distracted by using Splat Bombs, Burst Bombs, or Seekers; the Octosniper will aim at the sub weapon but will not open fire. In Octo Canyon, the Octo Expansion, and Return of the Mammalians, Octosnipers will aim and fire at any airborne ink pellets or sub weapons they see but will prioritize firing at the player if they see them too.
An Octosniper in Octosniper Ramparts.
An Octosniper in Unavoidable Flying Object.
Size comparison with an Inkling.
A render of an Octosniper from Splatoon 2.
An Octosniper inking the ground under itself in Octo-Resort Spring.
A Sanitized Octosniper.
Unofficial render of the Octosniper's game model from Splatoon 2 on The Models Resource.
Names in other languages
|French||Tentatourelle||From Tentacule (tentacle) and tourelle (gun turret)|
|German||Oktoschütze||From okto (octo) and Schütze (shooter, rifleman)|
|Italian||Polpotiratore||From Polpo (octopus) and tiratore (sniper)|
From Octariano (Octarian) and francotirador (sniper)
|Spanish (NOE)||Octotirador||From Octariano (Octarian) and francotirador (sniper)|
Zhāngyú jūjī bīng
|Octopus sniping trooper|