Mad Props Station
Mad Props Station is a mission in the Octo Expansion.
When the player begins the stage, they find themselves on a narrow platform that slopes down to a grated walkway. When they drop down they land on a rotating platform with a propeller located in front of it. Hitting the propeller moves the platform towards the next area while balloons can be splatted along the way. The player has to avoid an Octotrooper and hit the Grapplink to make progress and get to the second checkpoint.
Follow the path with three Power Eggs to another rotating platform with a propeller. The player has to hit the propeller first before they can drop down on the platform and by doing so, Squid Rings appear. The player has to hit two Splat-Switches to open a gate so they can hit another Grapplink and a chance to collect a Power Egg container. Follow the path to a Launchpad to the third and final checkpoint.
When the player follows the path and falls down through a grated walkway onto another rotating platform, they have to hit the propeller so the platform follows a certain track with Octotroopers to avoid and balloons for splatting. The player eventually encounters an Octosniper on a moving platform they have to splat to open a gate with another Grapplink behind it and get to goal.
C.Q. Cumber's Quotes
|“||Beware the rotating platforms.||”|
|“||Search for the Grapplinks.||”|
|“||Steady yourself, and aim carefully with your charger.||”|
Cap'n Cuttlefish's Quotes
|“||Another one of those fishy-lookin' gates has come into view!||”|
|“||FIRE! Give it all you've got!||”|
|“||It looks like you need to spin the propeller to proceed!||”|
|“||That was great!||”|
|“||Looks like you're supposed to climb up there.||”|
|“||The gate is open!||”|
|“||Eight! There's a lift down below!||”|
|“||Eight! Look down again!||”|
|“||Hey - the gate opened!||”|
|“||Man, I can't stand these guys...||”|
- The title is a play on the nineties slang phrase "to give [mad] props", meaning "to give credit / recognition"; with the fact that "props" could also be short for "propellers", and the subtitle is a phrase from the TV game show Wheel of Fortune.
- The Japanese title is a pun on "Poke-beru uchi" (sending a message to a pager).
- This station has portable CD players, discs, cases, and earphones floating around in the background.
- Stick 'n' Move Station has portable CD players, discs and cases floating around in the background as well.
- The Dutch title of this station, "Met de muziek mee", alludes to the CD players.
- "Met de muziek mee" was also a popular Dutch TV program about music from the seventies.
Names in other languages
Add/complete French (NoA), Italian and Spanish (NoA and NoE) translations
|Japanese||確実に 撃ってプロペラ 意思疎通
Kakujitsu ni utte puropera ishisotsū
Poke Beruu Chi Eki
Puropera rifuto ni notte gōru seyo!
|Communication by definitely shooting the propellers|
Poke Beruu Land Station
Ride the propeller lifts to the goal!
Met de muziek mee
Gebruik de propellerplatformen om het doel te bereiken!
Along with the music
Use the propeller platforms to reach the goal!
|French (NOE)||Propulse-toi vers la victoire !
Jardin des hélices
Emprunte les plateformes à hélices jusqu'à l'arrivée !
|Propel yourself towards victory!|
Garden of the propellers
Take the platforms with propellers until the finish line!
|German||Mögen die Propeller niemals ruhen!
Fahre auf den Propeller-Platformen zum Ziel!
|May the propeller never rest!|
Ride on the propeller platforms to the goal!
|Russian||...Ди-джей, крути пропеллер!
Доберись до цели на платформах!
...Di-Djey, kruti propeller!
Doberis' do tseli na platformakh!
|...Spin the propeller, DJ!|
Reach the goal on the platforms!
- Comes from "Propeller" (propeller) and "Büren", a suffix found in certain German city and district names, but it is also a German city on its own.
Octo Expansion stations