Pop Star Station
Pop Star Station is a mission in the Octo Expansion.
When the player enters the station, they will find themselves on a small platform with a Launchpad. Go onto the launchpad and launch Agent 8 to a cross-shaped rotating platform that slowly moves along a track, and reach the first obstacle of the stage; an Octowasher. The player has to avoid it and pop three upcoming balloons, which will raise a gate and let the player enter the second section.
In the second section, the player then has to pop seven more balloons while avoiding another Octowasher to open the gate for the third section.
In the third section, another seven balloons have to be popped for the gate to be lifted and to successfully reach the fourth section while still dodging an Octowasher.
The platform then goes upward while the player has to pop eight balloons, and another two balloons when the platform goes forward again, while also avoiding another Octowasher. The player then can reach the fifth and final section if done correctly and if no balloons are left unpopped.
Pop the last three remaining balloons, and the player will clear this station, and get the Flow Mem cake.
|This article or section needs more images!|
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!
Agent 8 shooting a target.
C.Q. Cumber's Quotes
|“||Please pop all 30 target balloons.||”|
|“||If you leave a single balloon unpopped, you'll fail.||”|
|“||For balloons that are hard to spot, rely on the arrows to point the way.||”|
Cap'n Cuttlefish's Quotes
|“||It looks like there's still one around here somewhere... Find that balloon!||”|
|“||OK - this is it. Finish strong!||”|
|“||There's still some left!||”|
|“||Aw, man... You missed a balloon.||”|
- The subtitle is a reference to the 1979 Michael Jackson song Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough.
- The title is likely also a reference to Jackson, who was known as "The King of Pop".
- This stage has metal link puzzles floating in the background. Also known as Vexiers, these were two or more metal wires that were intertwined and had to be untangled. These puzzles were popular at the end of the nineteenth century.
- The metal link puzzles seen in the stage are squid-shaped.
- Wack 8-Ball Station has metal link puzzles floating around in the background as well.
Names in other languages
Add/complete Japanese, French (NoA and NoE), Italian and Spanish (NoA and NoE) translations
|Dutch||Eigen platform is een plus
Gebruik de lift en maak alle ballonnen kapot!
|(Your) own platform is a plus|
Balloon hunters wanted
Use the lift and destroy all balloons!
|German||Nur ja nichts verpassen!
Fahr auf der Platform und lasse alle Ballons zerplatzen!
|Just don't miss anything!|
Ride on the platform and let all the balloons pop!
|Russian||...До первой звезды нельзя!
Плюхай шарики с платформы!
...Do pervoy zvezdy nelzya!
Plyukhai shariki s platformy!
|...Forbidden until the first star![note 1]|
Splat the balloons from the platform!
|Spanish (NOA)||Aqui nunca se escapa uno
Sube a la plataforma y revienta globos.
|Here one never escapes|
Go up to the platform and pop balloons.
- A reference to a commercial from early 90s about Generalissimo Suvorov, directed by Timur Bekmambetov.
Octo Expansion stations