Pop Star Station
Pop Star Station is a mission in the Octo Expansion.
When the player begins the stage, they find themselves on a small platform with a Launchpad. Launch Agent 8 to a cross-shaped rotating platform that slowly moves along a track, and reaches the first, but not the last, obstacle of the stage; an Octowasher. The player has to avoid it and splat three upcoming balloons which raises a wall and enter the second section.
The player has to splat seven balloons while avoiding another Octowasher to open the path for the third section.
Another seven balloons have to be splatted to create a path to successfully reach the fourth section.
The platform follows the track up while the player has to splat eight balloons, and another two balloons when the platform goes forward again while also avoiding another Octowasher. The player reaches the fifth and final section if done correctly.
Slowly move the platform to the last three balloons and by splatting them, the player clears this stage.
C.Q. Cumber's Quotes
|“||Please pop all 30 target balloons.||”|
|“||If you leave a single balloon unpopped, you'll fail.||”|
|“||For balloons that are hard to spot, rely on the arrows to point the way.||”|
Cap'n Cuttlefish's Quotes
|“||It looks like there's still one around here somewhere... Find that balloon!||”|
|“||OK - this is it. Finish strong!||”|
|“||There's still some left!||”|
- The subtitle is a reference to the 1979 Michael Jackson song Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough.
- The title is likely also a reference to Jackson, who was known as "The King of Pop".
- This stage has metal link puzzles floating in the background. Also known as Vexiers, these were two or more metal wires that were intertwined and had to be untangled. These puzzles were popular at the end of the nineteenth century.
- The metal link puzzles seen in the stage are squid-shaped.
- Wack 8-Ball Station has metal link puzzles floating around in the background as well.
Names in other languages
Add/complete Japanese, French (NoA and NoE), Italian, Russian and Spanish (NoA and NoE) translations
|Dutch||Eigen platform is een plus
Gebruik de lift en maak alle ballonnen kapot!
|(Your) own platform is a plus|
Balloon hunters wanted
Use the lift and destroy all balloons!
|German||Nur ja nichts verpassen!
Fahr auf der Platform und lasse alle Ballons zerplatzen!
|Just don't miss nothing!|
Ride on the platform and let all the balloons get pop!
|Spanish (NOA)||Aqui nunca se escapa uno
Sube a la plataforma y revienta globos.
|Here one never escapes|
Go up to the platform and pop balloons.
Octo Expansion Stations