Enter the Octobot King!
After completing every previous level in Octo Valley, the Boss Kettle on the UFO floating above Octo Valley will be unlocked. At the very top of Area 5 is a Launchpad to Super Jump to the UFO, which will fly off into the sky when Agent 3 enters its Boss Kettle.
Unlike most Octarians, which appear to be severed tentacles of octopuses, DJ Octavio is an octopus in his entirety. He is a dull red-violet with darker areas around his eyes and tentacles and appears to be perpetually angry. He wears a large gold helmet in the style of kabuto with an octopus-shaped emblem on the front, and one of the two tentacles that are always crossed in from of him bears a large, green, X-shaped scar identical to the ones seen on other bosses. He sits inside of a flying machine equipped with a pool of purple ink and a turntable, which he plays using plentiful stalks of wasabi. The turntable also has four cannons on the front, two extendable fists, and a set of thrusters allowing it to fly. Surrounding the machine is a large, magenta-colored force field, which neither Agent 3 nor their ink can pass through. It is only visible when close to the machine, as a warning to the player that they need to push it back to a comfortable distance.
- Octorpedoes - airborne Octopods shot out from the four cannons on the front. They home in on the player, but can easily be evaded or destroyed. They spread a small amount of ink if they land.
- Two giant fists that can be extended to try and punch the player. If shot at before they hit the ground, they will fly back into the machine and damage it, pushing it backwards.
- Small projectiles that resemble disco balls. If they hit the ground, they will spawn an enemy. If they are shot before then, they will harmlessly explode in midair and nothing will spawn. The type of spawned enemies depends on which phase of the fight the player is on, with Octocopters and Octobombers initially, Octoballs in the second phase, and Twintacle Octotroopers in the final phase.
- Killer Wail. Unlike the Inklings' Special Weapon of the same name, this variation is smaller and takes longer to charge up.
- A massive, octopus-shaped bomb that explodes into a huge amount of enemy ink if it lands. If it is shot back at DJ Octavio, he will punch it back at the player twice - he then runs out of fists and will be hit by it. These bombs are necessary for damaging him greatly and defeating him.
First, DJ Octavio will send out two Octorpedoes at a time which can easily be avoided by hiding in your ink. Eventually, one of the fists from the machine will be fired at you. If you carefully watch DJ Octavio's hands, you can see which one is going to punch you next, as it will rumble. As soon as it fires and is in range, shoot ink at it until it reverses into DJ Octavio. Strike him three times and he reveals a large octopus-shaped missile. Fire at this and he will punch it back at you. Repeat this two more times and a Launchpad will appear to take you to the next phase. The bomb will gradually get faster each time, especially in the later phases.
DJ Octavio will now throw both fists at once, as well as shooting the Octarian version of the Killer Wail every so often. Boxes containing armor appear on various platforms. The Sunken Scroll for the boss is in a small box on the third platform. In order to get close enough to DJ Octavio to fight him, you must use the Propeller Lifts to get to other platforms. While it is possible to get very close to the machine, it is not recommended to do so, since all attacks will be harder to defend against and his barrier will stop you. Shoot his fists back at him six times and he will release the missile. Once you send the missile into his machine three times, another Launchpad will appear.
Along with the increased amount of Octorpedoes being shot at a time, bombs resembling disco balls will also be thrown and will spawn Octocopters and Octobombers if they manage to hit the platform. Some platforms are invisible and require you to shoot your ink to proceed. To reach higher platforms, you must use Gushers. Continue to repeat the main strategy in the previous phases.
The enemy bombs will now only spawn Octoballs, and four Octorpedoes will be shot at a time. DJ Octavio will shoot lasers every few seconds. Platforms are now noticeably narrower and therefore harder to avoid DJ Octavio's many attacks. There are common Balloon Fish to spread ink all over the platforms and hide from attacks. Continue to repeat the main strategy in the previous phases.
After the Squid Sisters override the boss music and Cap'n Cuttlefish sets himself free, DJ Octavio becomes extremely aggressive. Only one enemy-spawning bomb is fired at a time, spawning a Twintacle Octotrooper, and large amounts of Octorpedoes are fired over time. There are Inkrails connecting each platform. The final missile requires quick movement as it is at its quickest speed. Once you reverse the missile three times, DJ Octavio will eject from the machine. Shooting your ink at him will thrust him back at his machine, ending the battle.
- Ink as much ground as you can so that you can dodge attacks easily.
- Try and burst Octavio's enemy-spawning bombs before they hit the ground.
- Collect lots of armor. When getting to the last few sections, damage boosting may be a good option if a player is bad at multitasking.
- From basic Octo Valley completion:
- Hero Charger Replica blueprint from the Inkling Girl (Splatoon 2) amiibo.
- Hero Roller Replica blueprint from the Inkling Boy (Splatoon 2) amiibo.
- Hero Shot Replica blueprint from the Inkling Squid (Splatoon 2) amiibo.
- The massive, octopus-shaped bomb fired at the end of each phase is wearing a pair of shutter shades.
- The dialogue for this mission differs significantly between the North America and Europe/Oceania versions of Splatoon.
- During the first part of the mission, DJ Octavio fights the player normally, but when the Calamari Inkantation starts to play, he abandons his turntable to dance around. At several points in the song, he strikes a series of poses and laughs, which may go unnoticed due to the general mayhem of the battle.
- After completing the mission for the first time, a special Inkopolis News episode will be seen, and the Plaza will be at nighttime. After that, Splatoon's credits will be seen. Afterwards, the title screen will show and it will be daytime again. If the player goes back to Octo Valley, Cap'n Cuttlefish will talk to them and DJ Octavio will appear on the overworld in a snow globe-like tank.
- Subsequent playthroughs of the mission will have altered dialogue, describing a scenario in which DJ Octavio has escaped and recaptured Cap'n Cuttlefish.
- This is the only Octo Valley mission to include dialogue from both Cap'n Cuttlefish and Agents 1 and 2.
- Two Canned Specials, an Inkzooka and a Bubbler can be found.
Names in other languages
Saigo no Kessen
|The Final Showdown|
|French (NOE)||Dans la planque
|In the hiding place|
of Octobot King
|German||In den Fängen
|In the catches|
of the Octotyrant
l'arrivo di Re Polpobot!
the coming of the Octobot King!
|Spanish (NOA)||¡DJ Octovius en el Octotrón!||DJ Octavio in the Octobot!|
|Spanish (NOE)||¡Baile final contra el Pulpotrón!||The final dance against Octobot!|
Octo Valley missions