|Location||Octo Valley, Octo Canyon, Deepsea Metro, Alterna|
Octopods are pill-shaped Octarians that appear as enemies in Octo Valley, Octo Canyon, the Octo Expansion, and Return of the Mammalians. They run towards the player and explode in ink when close to them.
Octopods are small, mechanical Octarians with two large, purple eyes, a nozzle for a mouth, and two legs adorned with indigo-colored sneakers. When undisturbed, Octopods are calm and meander slowly in various directions. However, when close to a player, they become angry and hiss while running towards them (being slowed down if moving on the player's ink). When they are close enough to the player, they explode in a burst of purple ink. However, they can be splatted before this happens if they are hit with ink. In Splatoon and Splatoon 2, splatted Octopods explode in the player's ink on the spot, whereas in Splatoon 3, splatted Octopods fly backwards and explode on contact with anything, including other Octarians.
A larger variant of the Octopod, called an Oversized Octopod, appears in Return of the Mammalians. It functions similarly to an Octopod, but is much larger, slower, and more resilient, and has a larger blast radius.
Despite their robotic appearance, the Octopod mem cake obtained by Agent 8 in the Octo Expansion seems to imply that Octopods are outfitted Octarians, based on the fact that the mem cake reflects Agent 8's own memories of the Octopod corps and hints at their own remorse for the danger they are forced to put themselves in for the Octarian cause.
- Lair of the Octoballs (Mission #2)
- Gusher Gauntlet (Mission #4)
- Floating Sponge Garden (Mission #5)
- Propeller-Lift Playground (Mission #6)
- Inkrail Skyscape (Mission #10)
- Inkvisible Avenues (Mission #11)
- Tumbling Splatforms (Mission #19)
- Welcome to Octopia (Mission #2)
- Enter the Octohurler (Mission #4)
- Spinning Campground (Mission #8)
- Dancing Floors (Mission #13)
- Propellerland (Mission #20)
- Underground Expressway (Mission #22)
- C03A08 Bumpin' 8-Ball Station
- D09 Goose Station
- F06 Duh-Oh Station
- I04 Can't Touch This Station
- Escape 1 Coccyx Phase
Return of the Mammalians
- 0000 After Alterna
- 0102 Octopods at Rest Tend to FLIP OUT!
- 0603 Torture Tour
- 0604 Conserve Ink - Splat Sustainably
- 0610 Mission: Fly-Fishin'
- 06 The Obscurest Chiaroscurist
- Rocket 02 Alterna Space Center: Hangar
Agent 3 being attacked by two Octopods.
Gusher Gauntlet level icon.
Concept art of the Octopod, from The Art of Splatoon.
A render of an Octopod from Splatoon 2.
A Sanitized Octopod.
The mem cake of an Octopod.
Model of an Octopod from Splatoon 2 on The Models Resource.
Promotional image of some Octopods and an Oversized Octopod charging at their target.
Names in other languages
|French||Podo-missile||Podo (from pied = foot) + Missile|
Zhāngyú dàncāng bīng
|Octopus bomb bay trooper|
|Tako is the romanization for the Japanese name of Octo, Pod is part of the name.|