Octopods are small, mechanical Octarian contraptions with two large, purple eyes, a nozzle for a mouth, and two legs adorned with lavender sneakers. When undisturbed, Octopods are calm and meander slowly in various directions. However, when close to a player, they become angry, jumping and hissing while charging at the supposed threat. When they are close enough to their target, they explode in a burst of purple ink. However, if Octopods are destroyed by ink before this occurs, they will instead explode in a burst of that ink.
According to the Octopod mem cake unlocked by the player in the Octo Expansion, it is possible that Octopods may indeed be outfitted Octarians, based on the fact that the mem cake reflects Agent 8's own memories of the Octopod corps and hints at their own remorse for the danger they are forced to put themselves in for the Octarian cause.
- Lair of the Octoballs (Mission #2)
- Gusher Gauntlet (Mission #4)
- Floating Sponge Garden (Mission #5)
- Propeller-Lift Playground (Mission #6)
- Inkrail Skyscape (Mission #10)
- Inkvisible Avenues (Mission #11)
- Tumbling Splatforms (Mission #19)
- Welcome to Octopia (Mission #2)
- Enter the Octohurler (Mission #3)
- Spinning Campground (Mission #8)
- Dancing Floors (Mission #13)
- Propellerland (Mission #20)
- Underground Expressway (Mission #22)
|This article or section is incomplete or is missing information.|
Agent 3 being attacked by two angry Octopods.
A render of an Octopod from Splatoon 2.
Concept art of the Octopod, from The Art of Splatoon.
Model of an Octopod from Splatoon 2.
Gusher Gauntlet Icon
Octopod Mem cake
Names in other languages
Characters in Splatoon
Characters in Splatoon 2