|“||That nasty-looking scallywag is an Octobomber.||”|
Octobombers are large, flying Octarians that wear a helmet similar to those of a Octocopter but with a different nozzle that the Splat bomb comes out of. They are colored dull orange with two large tentacles that somewhat look like wings and three shorter ones on the back. Octostrikers are very similar to this Octarian, only bigger with a darker color and a different helmet that comes with a visor. In Splatoon 2, Rocket Octobombers are introduced; these have a maroon color and a pair of thrusters that allow them to dodge from left to right quickly.
Their sole attack is an Octarian version of the Splat Bomb, launched in a small arc with a few seconds in between each bomb. Their mobility and aim are poor, but they tend to aim in the player's general direction.
They appear to be wearing little skis instead of shoes and they hover around one Inkling's height off the ground.
- Rise of the Octocopters (Mission #3)
- Inkvisible Avenues (Mission #11)
- Undeniable Flying Object (Mission #15)
- Propeller-Lift Fortress (Mission #16)
- Tumbling Splatforms (Mission #19)
- Unwelcome Flying Object (Mission #21)
- Spongy Observatory (Mission #23)
- Pinwheel Power Plant (Mission #24)
- Unavoidable Flying Object (Mission #27)
- Enter the Octobot King! (Boss #5)
- Welcome to Octopia (Mission #2)
- Enter the Octohurler (Mission #4)
- Back-Alley Cleanup (Mission #7)
- Towering Heights (Mission #18)
- The Octogalaxy (Mission #23)
- Transfer Junction (Mission #24)
- Platform Madhouse (Mission #25)
- Squee-G Funk Station
- Cubular Station
- Hasta La Vista Station
- Radio Station
- Outrageous Station
- Peristalsis Phase
Return of the Mammalians
- After Alterna
- Low Viz, High Risk
- Torture Tour
- Conserve Ink—Splat Sustainably
- Alterna Space Center: Hangar
- Return of the Mammalians
An Octobomber throwing a Splat Bomb.
Size comparison with an Inkling.
An Octobomber in Inkvisible Avenues.
Undeniable Flying Object icon.
A render of an Octobomber from Splatoon 2.
The mem cake of an Octobomber.
Names in other languages
|French (NOE)||Tentavole lourd|
|Italian||Polpottero bombardiere||From Polpo ("octopus"), elicottero ("helicopter"), and bombardiere ("bomber")|
|Spanish (NOE)||Bombacóptero||From bomba ("bomb") and helicóptero ("helicopter")|
Zhàdàn zhāngyú luóxuánjiǎng bīng
|Bomb octopus propeller trooper|
|Korean||밤 문어콥터||Same as Japanese|
- North America