(Redirected from Salmonids)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Types of Salmonid
Official artwork of a crew of Inklings and Salmonids
- The Salmonids' hair looks like a Spartan Helmet.
- The development of the various types of Lesser and Boss Salmonids depends on the environment where they grow. Boss Salmonids may be chosen because they are exceptionally large (Maws, Steelhead) or exceptionally smart and adept at using machines (Steel Eel, Scrapper).
- The Salmonids have a trade agreement with the Octarians, where the Salmonids provide Power Eggs used as energy sources in exchange for Octarian weapons and machinery. In The Art of Splatoon 2, it is stated that Salmonids do not trade Golden Eggs, as they are too valuable.
- The Salmonids which use a frying pan as their weapon, consisting of the Chum, Cohock and Goldie, all have two variations of the frying pan. One variant of the frying pan has an emblem resembling a Salmonid, a metal handle, a smoother shape and circular rings on the pan. The other variant lacks these features while having a wooden handle.
- Lesser Salmonids may make upward jumps of unlimited heights to splat players staying on walls for too long.
- The Salmonids' appearance resembles that of a salmon when it is in its spawning phase, which differs from ocean phase, where it turns more vibrant red, adopting brown and grey colors instead of the silvery color, and has a more elongated jaw that hooks downwards with bigger teeth. Some species also get hunched backs.
Names in other languages
- 3 March 2018 Famitsu interview with Splatoon developers, English translation by Nimted on reddit
- 「Nintendo Switch 軟體陣容 2020」電子版現正公開！, page 25. Nintendo Retrieved August 26, 2020.
|This article or section is a stub.|
You can help the wiki by adding to it.
Characters in Splatoon 2