Chums are a type of Salmonid, the main antagonists of Salmon Run in Splatoon 2. Chums are the most common form of Salmonid, and use a frying pan to attack Inklings. They are not very tough individually, but they can pose a threat in large numbers or against Inklings that aren't paying attention to their surroundings. During a Rush Chums become very fast and deadly, and they come in huge numbers.
Salmonid Field Guide
The following text is quoted from the Salmonid Field Guide.
- Basic Information
- They tend to appear in groups rather than alone.
- Defeating them will earn you Power Eggs.
- Attack Behavior
- They use their sense of smell to locate and close in on targets who have entered their territory.
- Once they close in on a target, they perform close-range attacks using frying pans or other cookware.
- Can be neutralized relatively easily with a direct hit of ink.
- Supporting Information
- They inhabit a restricted ocean zone, and any unauthorized contact with them is expressly forbidden by law.
- On their own, they don't pose a significant threat, but ignore them and you may quickly find yourself surrounded.
Sunken Scroll 16 shows an anti Salmonid poster with a Chum on it.
Chum is a type of meat that fishers use to attract sharks, and is also a species of salmon.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Salmo||Short form of Salmoniet (Salmonid)|
|French (NOE)||Salmoche||From Salmonoïde (Salmonid) and moche (ugly)|
|German||Salmo||Short form of Salmonide (Salmonid)|
|Italian||Spadello||From spadellare (to busy oneself with cooking (with pots and pans))|
|From скоро skoro (quickly) and варвар varvar (barbarian)|
|Spanish (NOE)||Salmoche||From Salmónido (Salmonid) and moche (to headbutt)|
Characters in Splatoon 2