Chums are the most common form of Salmonid, and use a frying pan to attack players. They are not very tough individually, but they can pose a threat in large numbers or against Inklings and Octolings that are not paying attention to their surroundings. During a Rush, Chums become very fast and deadly, and they come in huge numbers.
Salmonid Field Guide
The following text is quoted from the Salmonid Field Guide.
- Basic Information
- They tend to appear in groups rather than alone.
- Defeating them will earn you Power Eggs.
- Attack Behavior
- They use their sense of smell to locate and close in on targets who have entered their territory.
- Once they close in on a target, they perform close-range attacks using frying pans or other cookware.
- Can be neutralized relatively easily with a direct hit of ink.
- Supporting Information
- They inhabit a restricted ocean zone, and any unauthorized contact with them is expressly forbidden by law.
- On their own, they don't pose a significant threat, but ignore them and you may quickly find yourself surrounded.
- See also: Salmon Run data
|100/50 [Sal. 1]||40||3 / 3 / 6||0|
- A Chum has 50 HP during Rush. It has 100 HP otherwise.
Sunken Scroll 16 shows an anti-Salmonid poster with a Chum on it.
Chum is a type of meat that fishers use to attract sharks, and is also a species of salmon.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Salmo||Short form of Salmoniet (Salmonid)|
|French||Salmoche||From Salmonoïde (Salmonid) and moche (ugly)|
|German||Salmo||Short form of Salmonide (Salmonid)|
|Italian||Spadello||From spadellare (to busy oneself with cooking (with pots and pans))|
|From скоро skoro (quickly) and варвар varvar (barbarian)|
|Spanish (NOE)||Salmoche||From Salmónido (Salmonid) and moche (to headbutt)|
Characters in Splatoon 2