The Big Shot is a Salmonid similar to a Cohock but larger and wearing a turquoise tank top. It spawns with a Big Shot launcher near the shoreline and fires a cannonball near the egg basket. The cannonball then bounces up and down in a similar fashion to the Wave Breaker. However, the projectile sends off two shock waves before breaking, while the Wave Breaker emits three. The Big Shot itself cannot attack directly and merely travels to and from the water to load cannonballs into the launcher.
- These set up a Big Shot launcher near the shore. The Big Shot launcher is loaded with cannonballs carried in from the sea, which it then fires.
- The attending Salmonid itself is not aggressive—it just passively goes back and forth between the sea and the Big Shot launcher.
- The Big Shot launcher can be used to load and fire Golden Eggs.
- After the Big Shot is defeated, the Big Shot launcher will stick around until the next wave.
- It will fire its cannonballs in the direction of the egg basket.
- When a cannonball lands, it creates two shock-wave attacks.
- Take out the Salmonid operating the Big Shot launcher.
- Among muscle-bound Salmonids, those with belligerent personalities tend to be assigned as Steelheads, while those with calmer dispositions are assigned to Big Shots.
- On Salmonid holidays, Big Shot workers like to launch special fireworks in place of cannonballs to make things more festive.
- Load Golden Eggs in the cannon whenever any are near the shore. The cannon is very useful for getting eggs closer to the basket, but be sure another player is nearby to pick them up, as Snatchers may steal them otherwise.
- Main article: Badge#Salmon Run
|Big Shot Badges|
|Big Shot Splats x 100|
|Big Shot Splats x 1,000|
|Big Shot Splats x 10,000|
Salmonid Field Guide artwork
The term "Big Shot" means a person in a higher class or ranking than most.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Bombarie||From bom ("bomb"), bombarie ("uproar")|
|German||Kanonya||From Kanone (cannon)|
|From ядро yadro (cannonball)|
|Spanish||Artilleroide||From Artillería ("Artillery")|
Characters in Splatoon 3