Add more info and gallery images
The Slammin' Lid resembles a flying saucer-shaped aircraft and floats through the air, piloted by a Salmonid in its top center. It creates a forcefield beneath it similar to the Big Bubbler to protect Salmonids while it deploys Lesser Salmonids from its underside. It attacks by slamming into the ground when a player passes underneath it, giving the player an opportunity to get on top of it to splat its pilot. If there is high ground available, the pilot can be attacked directly without having to lure it into attacking first. The pilot is also equipped with a ladle, which it will use to hit players off its saucer if they stand on it for too long.
The Slammin' Lid is also one of the few, if not only salmonids that can splat other Salmonids, including bosses. When it slams onto an enemy, the player who triggers it gets the Power Eggs from splats. This can be used to take down certain foes instantaneously, meaning that it is not always a good idea to neutralize it.
- It's a pilot riding on a hovering, saucer-shaped craft.
- These provide support for other Salmonids by creating a circular force field that ink cannot pass through.
- Lesser Salmonids will be deployed from the hole on the bottom of the saucer.
- It will try to squash targets who walk into the force field.
- There is a pilot stationed on top of the craft. Defeating the pilot will destroy the craft.
- Walk into the barrier under the Slammin' Lid, then quickly dodge when the craft drops down to splat you. Once it's down, that's your chance to get on top and attack the pilot.
- The cutting-edge technology incorporated into the craft was obtained by trading with Octarians.
- Because of the high cost to build these, only highly experienced veterans are allowed to pilot them.
- To save on weight, the craft has no weapons. This is why it attacks by trying to smash enemies beneath it.
- If Lesser Salmonids are not a threat to the team and the quota is completed, it is fine to leave Slammin' Lids alone as they cannot splat players unless they are under the barrier.
- Slammin' Lids can splat almost any Salmonid, including Boss Salmonids.
- Therefore, it may be possible to cause a chain reaction by letting a Slammin' Lid slam down on a Steelhead, the explosion can potentially catch any Salmonids in the area.
Salmonid Field Guide artwork
"Slammin' Lid" is a pun on the word "salmonid". Additionally, the saucer resembles a pot's lid, that slams down on players beneath it.
- If a player stays ontop of an airborne Slammin' Lid for too long, the pilot will pull out a soup ladle and wack the player off of it.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Dreksel||From drek ("goo") and deksel ("lid")|
|German||Deckler||From Deckel (lid)|
|Italian||Coperchiotto||From "Coperchio" (Lid)|
|From мокрый mokryy (wet) and крышка kryshka (lid)|
|Spanish||Tapaollas||From "tapa" (lid) and "ollas" (pots)|
Characters in Splatoon 3