The Hero Shot is a futuristic weapon with a black and lime green color scheme and many glowing lights that leave a small trail as Agent 3 moves. It is used exclusively in the Octo Valley single-player and the Inkling Squid amiibo challenges. It behaves similarly to the Splattershot, with decent range, accuracy, fire rate, and damage. It is the only weapon in the game with multiple switchable sub weapons, using Splat Bombs, Burst Bombs and Seekers, but only the Splat Bombs are usable during the amiibo challenges. Its fire rate can be upgraded with Power Eggs found in Octo Valley missions. Beating all amiibo missions unlocks the Hero Shot Replica for purchase at Ammo Knights.
- No upgrades: Blue lights
- One upgrade: Purple lights
- Two upgrades: Yellow lights
- Three upgrades: Green lights
These upgrades have no effect during the amiibo challenges.
The Hero Shot in Splatoon 2 is majorly redesigned and it is based on the real-life FN P90, the design that bears little resemblance to the original or the Splattershot. It now comes with switchable sub weapons of Splat Bombs, Curling Bombs and Autobombs, although every other Hero weapon also has these. It is now only upgradable twice, while the other Hero weapons can be upgraded once. Completing all missions in Octo Canyon with this weapon unlocks the Hero Shot Replica for purchase from Ammo Knights.
- Lv. 1: Primarily yellow
- Lv. 2: Primarily orange with an extra handle and an attachment near the nozzle. Requires 800 Power Eggs and two Sardinium. Increases fire rate. Watch your ink consumption!
- Lv. 3: Primarily yellow again, with an extra attachment at the back of the gun. Requires 1500 Power Eggs and three Sardinium. Increases fire rate. Watch your ink consumption!
Hero Shot Replica
- Main article: Hero Shot Replica
The Hero Shot Replica is a reward in Splatoon and Splatoon 2 unlocked through various means. It is a shooter-type main weapon and is visually identical to the Hero Shot. Despite its unique appearance, it is simply a reskin of the Splattershot from each game, sharing the same stats, loadout, sub weapon and special weapon, and upgrade purchases through the Ammo Knights Enhancifier do not affect it.
- The Level 3 Hero Shot (and its replica) in Splatoon 2 resembles a real-life FN P90.
- The Hero Shot in Splatoon 2 is the only Hero weapon to not have a red accent when fully upgraded.
- In the Octo Expansion, Agent 3 uses a Hero Shot, presumably the same one used in Octo Valley, with the original design from the first game instead of the new design. However, it is implied that they have modified it since as it functions very differently than before. However, it has blue lights, signifying it is not upgraded.
- Agent 3 can dash at any time as if they had dualies, but the speed is slow like how the Drop Roller ability behaves.
- During Agent 8's fight, Agent 3 has removed the limiter for special weapons, meaning they can presumably use specials without having to charge them. It is also shown that Agent 3 can use multiple different special weapons. They use the Splashdown, Curling-Bomb Launcher, Baller and Sting Ray during the initial fight. During the Inner Agent 3 fight, they use the Splashdown, Inkjet, Bubble Blower, Autobomb Launcher and Tenta Missiles.
- It is shown that Agent 3's Hero Shot still has a sub weapon of Splat Bombs during the Spinal Phase, but during Inner Agent 3, Autobombs are the sub weapon. Considering Autobombs were not part of the original Hero Shot, it is likely Agent 3 modified the weapon to be able to use them, like how they removed the special limiter. This could mean that the Hero Shot still has switchable sub weapons, although it is unclear whether the events of Inner Agent 3 actually happened.
Agent 3 holding the Hero Shot.
Agent 3 attacking a pair of Octotroopers with the Hero Shot.
Concept art of various weapons, with the Hero Shot at the lower left.
Names in other languages
|French (NOA)||Liquéfi. héroïque||Heroic Liquifier|
|French (NOE)||Lanceur Héros (Splatoon 2)
Lanceur héroïque (Splatoon)
|Italian||Pistola élite||Elite Pistol|
|Spanish (NOA)||Rociador de élite||Elite Sprayer|
|Spanish (NOE)||Pistola de Élite||Elite gun|