Work on the Manga pages
Thanks for all the info there, and great work with keeping the style similar to what's already there. Feel free to fix any errors I may have made, since I mostly grabbed information from various sources and not from reading the manga myself.
- Thank you too for helping out!
- Sorry if this isn't the most apt place to ask, but I would like to know, regarding the main manga page section that contain the fan-translations, if it's allowed to add some links to missing issues and restructure it? Also, if so, should the 2 era issues also be there, or put into the Splatoon 2 manga page that currently just lists the characters?--Hinamin (talk) 21:14, 31 January 2018 (UTC)
- Can't say I'm in charge of the Manga pages myself. If there's missing information - feel free to add it! I'd expect the Splatoon 2 era issues to be in the Splatoon 2 subpage, yes. If anything, I might later move the characters list to a subpage of its own (i.e. Splatoon_(manga)/Splatoon_2/Characters).
- Right now, the page is not too crowded, so just add the information before the character list.
- PS: If you got a chance, it seems you know the Manga pretty well as well as read Japanese - could you go over my translation for the Champion vs Challenger announcement dialog?
- I think I got it right, but when Marina goes off on her tangent she refers to "コ" as if its a given name, which was kinda weird to me. I also went with a "her" and a "she" for the drama's character, since the heroines in their dialog (at least in the English translations) are usually female. Thanks! -Inkrid (talk) 09:48, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
- コ is the katakana version of 個, which stands for individual. Usually katakana can be used when you want show a special meaning with the word. So for this instance, it isn't just any individual, but the main protagonist/character in her story. Also, I'm not sure, but isn't it possible to refer to someone as they/them, if you want to use neutral pronouns? Though, I'm not familiar with the nomenclature regarding this. Anyway, the dialog seems to be fine!--Hinamin (talk) 12:09, 1 February 2018 (UTC)
Japanese Splatfest transcriptions
Nice to see you keeping up the good, high-quality work on the wiki!
I've noticed you're working on / keeping some transcripts of the Japan region Splatfest quotes in your userspace- are any of those ready?
If you need help with editing or with translation, just let me know here and I'll do it, no problem.
- Thank you!
- Right now I have a complete transcript over Mayo vs Ketchup announcement and results, as well as Lemon vs Without-Lemon announcement that I haven't added yet. Though I don't think I will have the time to do translations for them at the moment. (Most of the stuff I do is between small breaks, while I like to do translations in a long setting.)
- If you are interested I can add all the transcripts (and links to the videos), on my userspace if you want to work on them? -Hinamin (talk) 14:45, 25 February 2018 (UTC)
- I don't mind either way, I enjoy both transcribing and translating them, but I'd hate to let your work go to waste. Of course, if you enjoy doing the translation as something of its own, let me know and I'll just start on other fests (like the Uniqlo one).
- My suggestion: move the ones from your main userpage to a subpage (e.g. User:Hinamin/JP Splatfest transcript), and I'll watch that subpage. Whenever you feel like adding stuff there, I'll get a notification, and can follow through.
- Of course, anything you feel is done, you can just add straight to the Quotes page.
- Let me know what you prefer! -Inkrid (talk) 16:31, 25 February 2018 (UTC)
- Ah, sorry didn't see you already translated that. Though your part about Marina asking Pearl about the texture is incorrect, since テキトー is a colloqial slang for 適当, where the latter means "appropriate" but the former in this context means "to act carelessly" / "just doing as you see fit"(in a careless way). Marina comments on how Pearl can just carelessly put Mayo on anything. -Hinamin (talk) 19:18, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
- No Problem, and feel free to edit my translations in-place on the page, I won't be offended. As I said, I added the page (where you put the transcripts) to my watchlist, so if you add more things there, I'd see a notification. You can also see which ones I'm working on in my projects subpage.
- Great job on the transcripts, by the way (only had 1-2 typos that I noticed). I'm not sure what to do with the videos, but keep the links handy like you've been doing so far. I noticed a lot of them come from the same user, which is useful since it's possible they'll keep uploading =).
- We should be done with the last few in no time! -Inkrid (talk) 20:00, 26 February 2018 (UTC)
Orphan image you uploaded
Hi, you uploaded File:Octo Expansion Pearl with special charged.jpg but didn't put it anywhere? Please remember to add images to the appropriate pages after uploading, or your uploading efforts will be wasted! I went ahead and added it to Turf War (Octo Expansion) but I don't remember the context of the image so I don't know what caption to put for it. Maybe you could caption it for me? Heddy (talk) 02:53, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
- Ah sorry about that. I initially wanted to show that Pearl also has glowing hair when she has her special ready and put it in either Pearl's page or the Specials page as trivia (also she uses a special weapon without any sign of having a main weapon), but I didn't know where to put it appropiately. I'll caption it in a bit though on the Turf War page. --Hinamin (talk) 07:49, 21 June 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for adding trivia to Tutorial.
Hi, your edits are numerous and high quality, so you've been given patroller rights. This means that your edits won't be reviewed ("patrolled") by Inkipedia staff anymore because you are trusted and experienced. You get access to the patrolling tools for reviewing the quality of others' edits, and the rollback tool for reverting vandalism. Use of these tools is optional. Feel free to fill in your details at Template:Patrollerlist, which shows up on the staff page and patroller page. If you do not want this user rights change, please let me know. Heddy (talk) 21:29, 29 June 2018 (UTC)