- 1 Thanks for a new Topic!
- 2 Admin Barnsquid
- 3 Regarding the Flow page incident today
- 4 Getting the high-quality images on the first pass
- 5 Octo Canyon Stats
- 6 Regular Inkopolis Square map?
- 7 Adding Images
- 8 Salmon Run Stats
- 9 Beaker's Depot page issue
- 10 Hey, thanks for that!
- 11 Table Checkup
- 12 Thank you for the page permission
- 13 Prima Guide Octo Artwork
- 14 Thank You
- 15 Splatoon 2 Octarian Renders
- 16 Block Nyami please
- 17 Octo Shower HD screenshots
- 18 what did u do
- 19 Umm... am I doing something wrong?
- 20 Charts
Thanks for a new Topic!
Thanks for adding in the Rainmaker Shield Topic! Ever since I found out it was possible to get splatted by the Rainmaker Shield, I've jumped into looking for it and found no luck, but now you created it today. I just wanted to say thank you! AsrielTheInkling (talk) 15:16, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
Congrats!19:36, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
Regarding the Flow page incident today
I just want to sincerely thank you for removing all of that age mumbo jumbo from the page. I shouldn't of brought up that the age on there did not accurately reflect the character (nor the lack of official citation) in the form of an addon to the speculation. And looking back onto the edits made earlier durring this month of November, I discovered that the user who claimed her age to be in the early teens just pulled a number close to the inklings age and just assumed that was her age... Most likely.
I digress though. Again, thank you.
- No problem. Thanks for your interest in improving the article! Heddy (talk) 03:24, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
Getting the high-quality images on the first pass
Yo! I've noticed you've gone over images I grabbed from the JP twitter with a better quality one from the Splatoon US Tumblr. You also did it with the Octobrush Nouveau earlier this week.
So, when I went to get the ones for L-3 Nozzlenose D Today I tried to do the same but could only get the 720p ones from there. Ended up getting a lower-quality 1080p-s from the JP twitter (by adding :orig after the .jpg in the file URL, if you were wondering), but again, like a total squidgician, you found even better quality ones with the same resolution, again off the Splatoon US Tumblr. Teach me your magical way, 'coz I can only seem to get inferior images off that website. Thanks! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Inkrid (talk • contribs) 18:51, 5 January 2018 (UTC)
- Tumblr only shows the compressed versions of each image, but they do store the raw versions of each image elsewhere. I've been grabbing the raw versions available on the AWS servers used by Tumblr. You can use the greasemonkey/tampermonkey script Use Tumblr Raw Image to make getting the raw versions easy. You will notice that it changes the URL to use an AWS address instead of the Tumblr address. To my knowledge, Twitter doesn't store the raw images anywhere (though you can get decent quality by appending ":orig" instead of ":large" to the end of an image's URL), so it's better to use Tumblr. Heddy (talk) 00:11, 6 January 2018 (UTC)
Octo Canyon Stats
My savefile currently has none of the Octo Canyon weapons upgraded (except the Hero Shot).
I calculated the damage for each of the missing weapons by playing around with the 70/140/1000 dummies in Cuttlefish Cabin *.
How do I calculate / measure the other stats (consumption / fire rate)?
Also, I think the ink capacity upgrades need mentioning in that page as well (i.e. level 1 tank = 100%, level 2 = 150% etc.), sadly I already have that at level 3, too, so not sure how to compare. I have a second save file which I keep untouched (I use it to see what is the unlock level for new weapons), so maybe that can be used to compare Level 1 to Level 3? - Inkrid (talk) 20:33, 18 January 2018 (UTC)
- In multiplayer, I've been defining the ink consumption stat as the percentage of the ink tank capacity consumed by each attack. With singleplayer I'm not so sure because of the upgradable ink tank. For now let's go with "percentage of the level 1 ink tank capacity consumed by each attack". Fire rate stats are best collected as the number of frames delaying each shot. Like there's a shot, then 12 frames pass and on the 12th frame another shot comes out. These stats are highly time consuming to collect (and it appears that no one ever documented them on the wiki for the first game), and they require video capture hardware or datamine access to find. I'm currently expecting a specific dataminer to release their findings from the parameter files that they extracted from the game.
- I agree that the ink tank capacity stat should be added to the article. Do you know the capacity of each level? And the ink consumption of sub weapons should be added too. I think they're all 70%? Not sure. Heddy (talk) 02:13, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
- Regarding the consumption stat, That would be... interesting to measure, what with the single player having you recover ink all the time even when standing / walking around. I'll try and get some stats. Wonder if datamining can grab that data too.
- Regarding whether all three subs have the same consumption, it was pretty easy to verify (did it just now), and they do.
- Regarding the ink tank numbers (and the sub weapon percent), I don't really have the numbers - but it might be discernable from the indicator (either on the model or the ink bar that appears when submerged) - since the little arrow shows exactly where the tank is full enough to use the sub (i.e. as in , ). We'll crack this case yet, sarge, don't worry! - Inkrid (talk) 15:24, 20 January 2018 (UTC)
Regular Inkopolis Square map?
I saw you uploaded File:S2 Splatfest map.png and added it to the Map page.
I wanted to do the same with the regular map, but I do not have a capture card, so my screenshots are a lowly 720p jpg compared to your mighty 1080p png godliness.
Could you maybe upload the regular version as well?
Also the Octo Canyon map would be nice.
Cheers! -Inkrid (talk) 17:57, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
Salmon Run Stats
Hey there. I only just noticed now (a few months after the fact, lol), but I just wanted to thank you for using my info. Thanks for using my source for the Salmon Run weapon usage in the Sessions History Sheet. It is great to see that people actually use it to help out others. I see it hasn't been updated since November, but please (to you and anyone else), feel free to keep updating it. I love seeing people using my sheet. Thanks again! Magitroopa (talk) 17:11, 15 April 2018 (UTC)
Beaker's Depot page issue
Hi Heddy, you may want to know that a lot of the Octo Canyon pages have the name "Beaker's Lookout" to describe the third sector. You should know the correct name is "Beaker's Depot". I will change the name on whichever pages I see with this name, but I may not get them all.
Hey, thanks for that!
Thanks for blocking Dangerkid, I've been undoing his gibberish and disruptive edits, so if he were to make another move like that, I would of contacted you guys. I've already told him to stop the bad edits, and yet he still made some. AsrielTheInkling (talk) 10:13, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
He's still at it!
Edit: Someone made a redirect on the page, I don't think there can be any other action for now. 23:21, 30 May 2018 (UTC)
I created a table and was wondering if it would work for all the mission page. If not I could rework the table and get it ready.https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/User:WhistlingSquid/hero_mode_format --WhistlingSquid (talk) 00:17, 7 June 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for the page permission
- No problem. I wouldn't expect you to encounter that problem in the future; you only have to make a few edits before your account can edit protected pages. Heddy (talk) 00:57, 27 June 2018 (UTC)
Prima Guide Octo Artwork
Since you already have the Splatoon Prima Guide eBook, is it alright if you could upload artwork of the four Octo Weapons and a higher res Octotrooper? I hope it isn't any trouble. GoombaBroadcast (talk) 3:05 5 July, 2018
- Thank you Sir! I'll make sure to give each Octoweapon their own page as well. Also I was talking about the 3D artwork on the Octotroopers. Sorry for the confusion.
Splatoon 2 Octarian Renders
I’ve been curious on whether or not if I should post images of some of the Octarians from the pdf of the eGuide until we get better quality ones. The only problem is that the images from the pdf aren’t exactly good on quality, and I sadly don’t have the full guide. Just wondering what your thoughts were. (I’m also working on the enemy pages as well.) GoombaBroadcast (talk) 4:01, 28 September 2018 (UTC)
- Are you talking about the Prima guide? I have the full guide and it doesn't have any good images. Try to take some good in-game screenshots. Let me know if there's anything that you need me to take a screenshot of, as I have a capture card that can get 1080p quality captures of the game. Heddy (talk) 23:54, 28 September 2018 (UTC)
- Okay, I’ll try to get some nice good ones. Though I might need some help with the Octo Shower though. That Octojerk does not like me.
- Octotrooper. The only problem is that I don’t have photoshop.
Block Nyami please
Hey, I don't know any other way to contact you, but I was hoping you could block the user Nyami? They have been vandalising pages and creating pages with spam for no reason. If there is another, better way to report someone, please let me know. Thanks, Splattersky (talk) 05:37, 3 October 2018 (UTC)
Octo Shower HD screenshots
I've been getting some excellent High Quality screenshots of most of the Splatoon 2 bosses, but I'm really struggling with the Octo Shower. Are you able to help? (Note: I'll be able to photoshop on the screenshots.) GoombaBroadcast (talk) 3:07 13 December, 2018
- Mainly The Octo Shower using its weapons. I managed to get screenshots of it on standby (Very annoying by the way, because unlike the rest of the bosses he doesn’t give up on attacking when your hiding in Ink for the most part.) I'll go ahead and post the screenshots that I did managed to get and hopefully they'll be a lot better than the ones I got from the Switch itself.
- Hello, Heddy! I'm ArcheryPrincess. You can call me Dove. I see that you must be an admin. I never thought that splatoon had their own wiki. I have always played Splatoon when I was younger. Nice to meet you! ArcheryPrincess (talk) 11:02, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
what did u do
WHAT DID U DO 2 MY SIGGGGGG? I CAN'T EVEN SEE THE SQUID ANYMORE sorry for all caps.I just felt weird having somebody else edit my sig, well, my sig's real cute sorry for caps... Squiddy Girl (talk) 16:10, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
- I can answer this. Inkipedia's Policy on Signatures states that "Any part of the signature, including images, larger than 30 pixels in height" is unacceptable. The image in your signature was 100 pixels in height, and thus had to be sized down. – 16:23, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
Umm... am I doing something wrong?
- Not necessarily wrong, but a waste of effort in my opinion. Try to only welcome users after they make an edit. Heddy (talk) 01:07, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
I wanted to create more charts for the Main Power Up page that would show the effect of Main Power Up on weapons that have a different stat than damage raised when the ability is stacked, such as ones with increased range or increased ink coverage. However, I do not know what program Inkipedia users use in order to make these charts. Could you please tell me what you use in order to create Splatoon 2 ability charts for Inkipedia and possibly leave a link to the program. Warriorking98 (talk) 23:49, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
- I use Graphpad Prism as it's probably the best tool there is for making attractive charts. The Prism license is a bit expensive; I haven't been making charts lately as I would have to renew my expired license. Basically any graphing tool should get the job done; you don't have to use what I used. Microsoft Excel for example can be used to graph data. If you end up using Prism, I can give you my files which you can use as a template, if you'd like. Heddy (talk) 01:24, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks! Warriorking98 (talk) 3:06, 21 February 2019 (UTC)