- 1 Thanks for a new Topic!
- 2 Admin Barnsquid
- 3 Regarding the Flow page incident today
- 4 Getting the high-quality images on the first pass
- 5 Octo Canyon Stats
- 6 Regular Inkopolis Square map?
- 7 Adding Images
- 8 Salmon Run Stats
- 9 Beaker's Depot page issue
- 10 Hey, thanks for that!
- 11 Table Checkup
- 12 Thank you for the page permission
- 13 Prima Guide Octo Artwork
- 14 Thank You
- 15 Splatoon 2 Octarian Renders
- 16 Block Nyami please
- 17 Octo Shower HD screenshots
- 18 what did u do
- 19 Umm... am I doing something wrong?
- 20 Charts
- 21 "Watch this page" box
- 22 NOT funny, Heddy.
- 23 I didn't mean to remove that comment.
- 24 Sucker Punch
- 25 Removing hard worked pages
- 26 Octopus Plural
- 27 French page?
- 28 Redirections
- 29 Opening Gambit, Quick Respawn and Stealth Jump
Thanks for a new Topic!
Thanks for adding in the Rainmaker Shield Topic! Ever since I found out it was possible to get splatted by the Rainmaker Shield, I've jumped into looking for it and found no luck, but now you created it today. I just wanted to say thank you! AsrielTheInkling (talk) 15:16, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
Congrats!19:36, 22 November 2017 (UTC)
Regarding the Flow page incident today
I just want to sincerely thank you for removing all of that age mumbo jumbo from the page. I shouldn't of brought up that the age on there did not accurately reflect the character (nor the lack of official citation) in the form of an addon to the speculation. And looking back onto the edits made earlier durring this month of November, I discovered that the user who claimed her age to be in the early teens just pulled a number close to the inklings age and just assumed that was her age... Most likely.
I digress though. Again, thank you.
- No problem. Thanks for your interest in improving the article! Heddy (talk) 03:24, 29 November 2017 (UTC)
Getting the high-quality images on the first pass
Yo! I've noticed you've gone over images I grabbed from the JP twitter with a better quality one from the Splatoon US Tumblr. You also did it with the Octobrush Nouveau earlier this week.
So, when I went to get the ones for L-3 Nozzlenose D Today I tried to do the same but could only get the 720p ones from there. Ended up getting a lower-quality 1080p-s from the JP twitter (by adding :orig after the .jpg in the file URL, if you were wondering), but again, like a total squidgician, you found even better quality ones with the same resolution, again off the Splatoon US Tumblr. Teach me your magical way, 'coz I can only seem to get inferior images off that website. Thanks! — Preceding unsigned comment added by Inkrid (talk • contribs) 18:51, 5 January 2018 (UTC)
- Tumblr only shows the compressed versions of each image, but they do store the raw versions of each image elsewhere. I've been grabbing the raw versions available on the AWS servers used by Tumblr. You can use the greasemonkey/tampermonkey script Use Tumblr Raw Image to make getting the raw versions easy. You will notice that it changes the URL to use an AWS address instead of the Tumblr address. To my knowledge, Twitter doesn't store the raw images anywhere (though you can get decent quality by appending ":orig" instead of ":large" to the end of an image's URL), so it's better to use Tumblr. Heddy (talk) 00:11, 6 January 2018 (UTC)
Octo Canyon Stats
My savefile currently has none of the Octo Canyon weapons upgraded (except the Hero Shot).
I calculated the damage for each of the missing weapons by playing around with the 70/140/1000 dummies in Cuttlefish Cabin *.
How do I calculate / measure the other stats (consumption / fire rate)?
Also, I think the ink capacity upgrades need mentioning in that page as well (i.e. level 1 tank = 100%, level 2 = 150% etc.), sadly I already have that at level 3, too, so not sure how to compare. I have a second save file which I keep untouched (I use it to see what is the unlock level for new weapons), so maybe that can be used to compare Level 1 to Level 3? - Inkrid (talk) 20:33, 18 January 2018 (UTC)
- In multiplayer, I've been defining the ink consumption stat as the percentage of the ink tank capacity consumed by each attack. With singleplayer I'm not so sure because of the upgradable ink tank. For now let's go with "percentage of the level 1 ink tank capacity consumed by each attack". Fire rate stats are best collected as the number of frames delaying each shot. Like there's a shot, then 12 frames pass and on the 12th frame another shot comes out. These stats are highly time consuming to collect (and it appears that no one ever documented them on the wiki for the first game), and they require video capture hardware or datamine access to find. I'm currently expecting a specific dataminer to release their findings from the parameter files that they extracted from the game.
- I agree that the ink tank capacity stat should be added to the article. Do you know the capacity of each level? And the ink consumption of sub weapons should be added too. I think they're all 70%? Not sure. Heddy (talk) 02:13, 19 January 2018 (UTC)
- Regarding the consumption stat, That would be... interesting to measure, what with the single player having you recover ink all the time even when standing / walking around. I'll try and get some stats. Wonder if datamining can grab that data too.
- Regarding whether all three subs have the same consumption, it was pretty easy to verify (did it just now), and they do.
- Regarding the ink tank numbers (and the sub weapon percent), I don't really have the numbers - but it might be discernable from the indicator (either on the model or the ink bar that appears when submerged) - since the little arrow shows exactly where the tank is full enough to use the sub (i.e. as in , ). We'll crack this case yet, sarge, don't worry! - Inkrid (talk) 15:24, 20 January 2018 (UTC)
Regular Inkopolis Square map?
I saw you uploaded File:S2 Splatfest map.png and added it to the Map page.
I wanted to do the same with the regular map, but I do not have a capture card, so my screenshots are a lowly 720p jpg compared to your mighty 1080p png godliness.
Could you maybe upload the regular version as well?
Also the Octo Canyon map would be nice.
Cheers! -Inkrid (talk) 17:57, 19 February 2018 (UTC)
Salmon Run Stats
Hey there. I only just noticed now (a few months after the fact, lol), but I just wanted to thank you for using my info. Thanks for using my source for the Salmon Run weapon usage in the Sessions History Sheet. It is great to see that people actually use it to help out others. I see it hasn't been updated since November, but please (to you and anyone else), feel free to keep updating it. I love seeing people using my sheet. Thanks again! Magitroopa (talk) 17:11, 15 April 2018 (UTC)
Beaker's Depot page issue
Hi Heddy, you may want to know that a lot of the Octo Canyon pages have the name "Beaker's Lookout" to describe the third sector. You should know the correct name is "Beaker's Depot". I will change the name on whichever pages I see with this name, but I may not get them all.
Hey, thanks for that!
Thanks for blocking Dangerkid, I've been undoing his gibberish and disruptive edits, so if he were to make another move like that, I would of contacted you guys. I've already told him to stop the bad edits, and yet he still made some. AsrielTheInkling (talk) 10:13, 29 May 2018 (UTC)
He's still at it!
Edit: Someone made a redirect on the page, I don't think there can be any other action for now. 23:21, 30 May 2018 (UTC)
I created a table and was wondering if it would work for all the mission page. If not I could rework the table and get it ready.https://splatoonwiki.org/wiki/User:WhistlingSquid/hero_mode_format --WhistlingSquid (talk) 00:17, 7 June 2018 (UTC)
Thank you for the page permission
- No problem. I wouldn't expect you to encounter that problem in the future; you only have to make a few edits before your account can edit protected pages. Heddy (talk) 00:57, 27 June 2018 (UTC)
Prima Guide Octo Artwork
Since you already have the Splatoon Prima Guide eBook, is it alright if you could upload artwork of the four Octo Weapons and a higher res Octotrooper? I hope it isn't any trouble. GoombaBroadcast (talk) 3:05 5 July, 2018
- Thank you Sir! I'll make sure to give each Octoweapon their own page as well. Also I was talking about the 3D artwork on the Octotroopers. Sorry for the confusion.
Splatoon 2 Octarian Renders
I’ve been curious on whether or not if I should post images of some of the Octarians from the pdf of the eGuide until we get better quality ones. The only problem is that the images from the pdf aren’t exactly good on quality, and I sadly don’t have the full guide. Just wondering what your thoughts were. (I’m also working on the enemy pages as well.) GoombaBroadcast (talk) 4:01, 28 September 2018 (UTC)
- Are you talking about the Prima guide? I have the full guide and it doesn't have any good images. Try to take some good in-game screenshots. Let me know if there's anything that you need me to take a screenshot of, as I have a capture card that can get 1080p quality captures of the game. Heddy (talk) 23:54, 28 September 2018 (UTC)
- Okay, I’ll try to get some nice good ones. Though I might need some help with the Octo Shower though. That Octojerk does not like me.
- Octotrooper. The only problem is that I don’t have photoshop.
Block Nyami please
Hey, I don't know any other way to contact you, but I was hoping you could block the user Nyami? They have been vandalising pages and creating pages with spam for no reason. If there is another, better way to report someone, please let me know. Thanks, Splattersky (talk) 05:37, 3 October 2018 (UTC)
Octo Shower HD screenshots
I've been getting some excellent High Quality screenshots of most of the Splatoon 2 bosses, but I'm really struggling with the Octo Shower. Are you able to help? (Note: I'll be able to photoshop on the screenshots.) GoombaBroadcast (talk) 3:07 13 December, 2018
- Mainly The Octo Shower using its weapons. I managed to get screenshots of it on standby (Very annoying by the way, because unlike the rest of the bosses he doesn’t give up on attacking when your hiding in Ink for the most part.) I'll go ahead and post the screenshots that I did managed to get and hopefully they'll be a lot better than the ones I got from the Switch itself.
- Hello, Heddy! I'm ArcheryPrincess. You can call me Dove. I see that you must be an admin. I never thought that splatoon had their own wiki. I have always played Splatoon when I was younger. Nice to meet you! ArcheryPrincess (talk) 11:02, 12 February 2019 (UTC)
what did u do
WHAT DID U DO 2 MY SIGGGGGG? I CAN'T EVEN SEE THE SQUID ANYMORE sorry for all caps.I just felt weird having somebody else edit my sig, well, my sig's real cute sorry for caps... Squiddy Girl (talk) 16:10, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
- I can answer this. Inkipedia's Policy on Signatures states that "Any part of the signature, including images, larger than 30 pixels in height" is unacceptable. The image in your signature was 100 pixels in height, and thus had to be sized down. – 16:23, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
Umm... am I doing something wrong?
- Not necessarily wrong, but a waste of effort in my opinion. Try to only welcome users after they make an edit. Heddy (talk) 01:07, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
I wanted to create more charts for the Main Power Up page that would show the effect of Main Power Up on weapons that have a different stat than damage raised when the ability is stacked, such as ones with increased range or increased ink coverage. However, I do not know what program Inkipedia users use in order to make these charts. Could you please tell me what you use in order to create Splatoon 2 ability charts for Inkipedia and possibly leave a link to the program. Warriorking98 (talk) 23:49, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
- I use Graphpad Prism as it's probably the best tool there is for making attractive charts. The Prism license is a bit expensive; I haven't been making charts lately as I would have to renew my expired license. Basically any graphing tool should get the job done; you don't have to use what I used. Microsoft Excel for example can be used to graph data. If you end up using Prism, I can give you my files which you can use as a template, if you'd like. Heddy (talk) 01:24, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, thanks! Warriorking98 (talk) 3:06, 21 February 2019 (UTC)
"Watch this page" box
I have been looking for the option in preferences to automatically untick the "Watch this page" box when editing, but I can't find it. Do you know where it is?
- Under the watchlist section, uncheck "Add pages and files I edit to my watchlist". Heddy (talk) 21:17, 25 March 2019 (UTC)
NOT funny, Heddy.
Uhh... so WHAT WAS UP WITH THE APRIL FOOL'S NEWS ARTICLE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Jeez! You KNOW how people want that gear to come overseas. I've even seen a petition on change.org for it- and yet you fool us into thinking it's actually happening? Bad taste-VERY bad taste. A Random Pencil (talk) 16:50, 2 April 2019 (UTC) (P.S. How do you get an image in your sig?)
- Fooling people is the purpose of April Fool's. Lighten up!
- The signature policy has some helpful information about creating a signature. Once you're at the step of actually creating the signature page, use the normal image syntax like
[[File:Example.jpg|14px]]. Heddy (talk) 00:40, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
- Okay, Heddy, that joke was NOT light. Inkipedia is supposed to be a safe, informative place, and a bunch of people could have read that and STILL be believing it. To get people's hopes up for something they really want and not even give a notice on the main page that it was a joke? That's just cruel. Splattersky (talk) 00:45, 3 April 2019 (UTC)
I didn't mean to remove that comment.
Yeah, I was preparing to create this page, but apparently, I wasn't able to, due to the wiki's swear filter. Is there a way you or some other admin could do it? ShinyCelesteela (talk) 05:16, 14 April 2019 (UTC)
Removing hard worked pages
Hi Heddy, I want you to know that by deleting the pages where I redirect an Italian name for a stage or special to the English name for it you have kind of insulted me. I worked very hard on this and would be very mad at you if you did it again. JoshieM818AlexD830 (talk) 00:00, 21 May 2019 (UTC)
- Hi, there was a bit of discussion on Ink Pump and Discord about that. See here for the Ink Pump topic. I advise against making that type of page for the reasons outlined in the link. Heddy (talk) 03:18, 26 May 2019 (UTC)
Octopi is more correct, and more widely used. -Agent 13 of the New Squidbeak Splatoon 13:02, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
- That's false, octopuses has the correct English plural ending "-es", and is more commonly used. Replying on your talk page. Heddy (talk) 17:22, 15 June 2019 (UTC)
Heya Heddy! So I just came across this page and the entire thing is written in French. I thought I'd let you know since I'm not sure if this page is supposed to be there or not as I can't really understand it xD Thanks! --SundaeSquidTalk 08:01, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry, I'm not Heddy, but I put it into a translator and here's what I got:
- "The mother vessel is the salmonoid distribution elite. It only appears in a special wave where it is dark. The most difficult thing in this wave is to have the egg quota. In fact, there is no salmonoboss and the salmonoids (salmoche) descend from the vessel in cooler species. These coolers must be destroyed before they hit the ground to gain a golden egg. Several times in the game, the mothership goes forward to the basket in order to suck the eggs. If you do enough damage, he will flee and give up the basket." Looks like it's about Salmon Run xD 〜Splatterskyくコ:彡 (talk) 11:19, 19 June 2019 (UTC)
- Hopefully the author of that page found their way to Inkipédia! I splatted the page. Heddy (talk) 01:45, 20 June 2019 (UTC)
Hi, 5.2 Gal, 5.2 Gal Deco, 9.6 Gal, and 9.6 Gal Deco are not non-English Redirects, so I want to know why you gave a phony reason for deleting them. About the Krak-on 528 redirections I made, DXXVIII is 528 in Roman Numerals, and Five Hundred Twenty-Eight is 528 in word form. And if you left messages on my talk page about the Krak-on 528 redirects, I wonder why you din't leave a message about the Black Leather F-3 redirecting to the Custom Painted F-3. JoshieM818.JoshieM818 (talk) 19:38, 1 July 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry, I'm not Heddy, but I just wanted to say that some of those redirects feel kind of unnecessary. For the Gals, they're called .52 and .96, and I don't think there's any reason to make a redirect for a wrong decimal placement. And for the krak-on 528, it's so much easier to type out 528 rather than the roman numerals, and most people don't even know how to write a number that high up in roman numerals. I think it'll just confuse a lot of people. Same thing with the word form. It's such a handful to type out and most likely no one is going to think that the 528 is in word form and type it all out. And like for the roman numerals, it'll just confuse people. That's just my opinion, though~ SundaeSquidTalk 00:42, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
- I mostly echo the opinion of SundaeSquid for the Krak-on one, those could be confusing. However for the 5.2, that was deleted in a batch that may have had a few false positives. I'll restore that because it was actually the original name of the weapon, according to the trivia. Heddy (talk) 04:36, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
Also Heddy, I found a user page where someone put an icon for a Rapid Blaster Pro on it, but I moved my mouse over it and it said "Rabbit Blaster Pro", which gave me the idea to make that redirection. And for the Custom Painted F-3, it is similar to the White Leather F-3 but with a black color. You still haven't told me why you have a problem with that redirection. User:JoshieM818JoshieM818 (talk) 15:33, 20 August 2019 (UTC)
Hi, itzame,User:JoshieM818! On the three pages listed here, someone has been repeatedly undoing my contributions and I am sick of that. Even if they are true,they get undone. I suspect you or another administrator of doing that. Can you help me find who is doing this to me?JoshieM818 (talk) 15:18, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- To see changes to a page, including usernames of people making changes, select the History tab on the page. Heddy (talk) 16:05, 7 September 2019 (UTC)
- ^ I have done that for you, and it actually isn't an administrator at all. It's a user by the name of SplatRT. Although it looks like they were only trying to help~ SundaeSquidTalk 17:58, 8 September 2019 (UTC)
I think that they are actually hurting me more than helping me. About the Quick Respawn page, I put "fails to splat an opponent", but SplatRT keeps changing it back to "does not splat an opponent." I think my contribution is more clear. Same is true for Opening Gambit and Stealth Jump. I don't see anything wrong with "each splat extends the timer by 7 seconds and 30 frames" or "each splat extends the timer by seven and a half seconds". And I really don't like that on Stealth Jump it says "a player standing directly above the landing point may still be unable to see the landing point if they are too far above". I shall contact SplatRT and see what they think about it.JoshieM818 (talk) 22:50, 10 September 2019 (UTC)