- Fomatting practice place: User:Hinamin/sandbox;
- Another page for testing out ideas: User:Hinamin/sandbox2
To do/Reminder list
- The search term "Ninja" redirects the the "Ninja Squid" page. Should it lead to a disambiguation page instead, where the Ninja gear you get from the Spla2 amiibo Boy is also listed (even though it's officially called Squinja and already has an equivalent page)?
- There are still pages from Spla1 that's missing Spla2 information.
- Shooting Range
- Battle Lobby
- Splatfest top 100 ranking
- Adding Spla2 images to page Private Battle gallery
- Turf War. Also its Gallery page
- Just more images Gusher
- Communications error Add info regarding effects in different modes and images of the icons.
- Category:Mechanics ;add info and images.
- Octarian pages
- Should (Youtube) videos of the Splatfest Quotes be added to the wiki?
- Add to the Trivia page in Turf War that when a tie happens, the team who is assigned as being on team Alpha will win in Spla1. Also make some research if the same applies to Spla2, since I've heard that they changed it, but I can't confirm it as of now.
- Not only does the Ikasekai website have a list over the Inkling signs but also a complete list of screenshots for the dialogue in Hero Mode.
- Images for the start-screen of a mode showing the objective and map.
- C.Q. Cumber's rewards for opening a new line.
- Player customization icons.
- Categorizing artwork
- The page Concept art should really be deleted as the Category:Concept artwork already exists and sorts it better.
- Category:Character artwork should really either get a overhaul or deleted.
- Li'l Max is supossed to resemble S+ with the Japanese mem cake description even mentioning being S+. Since X rank was introduced, being the highest rank, a new version of the sticker was shown, now resembling "ウデマエ X" (Rank X).
- Splatoon 2 version 3.0.0 added a lot of octo-themed gear, and also Takoroka and Enperry having an octo version of their logo visible on the following gear:
- Octologo varitations
- Takoroka Jersey / There is also a number resembling an 8 (the same one used in OctoExp for Agent 8) on the back of the jersey.
- Takoroka Crazy Baseball LS
- Red Power Stripes / The shoes themselves kind of have a octo theme with the red color and the gradual cyan dots sort of resembling octopus tentacles.
- Blue Power Stripes
- Black Velour Octoking Tee / The logo basically has an octopus instead of the squid. The text beneath the octopus is also different, where the part that resembled "いか" now looks more like "たこ".
- Green Velour Octoking Tee
- Octoking HK Jersey / Also has an 8 on the back of the jersey.
- Octoking Facemask
- Other Octo gear
- Black Cuttlegear LS / Has an 8 and text resembling word "octopus" at the front, and also has the Octopus Oil brand logo on it.
- Red Cuttlegear LS
- Octarian Retro
- Rockin' Leather Jacket / There is a painted octo on the back.
- Chili Octo Aloha
- Deep-Octo Satin Jacket / Has text that resembles "蛸", octopus with DJ Octavio's scar, and a map over Octo Canyon with Marie on the back.
- Octo Tackle Helmet Deco / Octopus and stickers of Marina's Splatfest teams.
- Octoglasses / Were added in this update.
- Octo Tee / Was added in this update.
- This tweet shows that the enemy Octoling model in Spla2 has physics for the hair and that their eye-mask in this game is black. This is different from the Spla1 model that didn't have any hair physics, and the player Octoling model in that game had a purple eye-mask. Guess it's a redesign as some of the official artwork of Octolings without googles show one with black and one with purple. Here's a better view of the model.
- In the Octo Canyon (mode), some of Marie's dialogue is a reference to Cap'n Cuttlefish's.
- An example for this is Marie saying, "And look at that—it fits like a glove! (Not bad for an old hand-me-down.)", where the part about the Hero outfit being a hand-me-down references the first game.
- Cap'n Cuttlefish's quote is: "What a great fit! (For a hand-me-down from Agent 1 and 2...)"
- The Sanitized Octarians inside the boxes in the Intestinal Phase look like they been manufactured. Inside they also have a monitor hooked up to them displaying "1+1=👁️", where the eye is Kamabo Co.'s logo. This could be some kind of conditioning/brainwashing for the Sanitized subjects.
- Some pipes running down in the escape Phases in Octo Expansion contain the liquid that exactly resembles the liquid Agent 8 was floating in during the character selection, down to the color hue and bobbles, as opposed to the other blue-green liquids seen throughout OctoExp.
- wikiwiki.jp/splatoon2mix - Japanese wiki with info.
- ikasekai.com - Japanese reference page that keep track of and transcribes Inkling language.
- krak-on-splat-roller.tumblr.com / splatoonreference - English site over references on gear, ink colour, and customization.
- ikaclo.jp - Japanese gear planner site.
- gesotown.ink - Keeps track of Splatnet 2 gear abilities
UI Squid icons in diffirent modes
Maybe put actual images
|Games and modes||Splatted||Disconnect||Empty slot|
|Splatoon||Black squid with a cross||Black squid with a cross||Light gray squid outline|
|Splatoon 2 PvP matches||Black icon with a gray-filled weapon||Black icon with a colored weapon||Empty gray icon|
|Splatoon 2 Salmon Run||Black icon with a colored weapon||Empty gray icon||Empty gray icon|
|Splatoon 2 Global Testfire Turf War||Black icon with a colored weapon||Empty gray icon||Empty gray icon|
NPC Inlkling names
List of NPC Inklings in the Plaza/Square (These Inklings all have a low level and none of their gear have any unlocked abilities:
Names of the Inklings used in promo screenshots (Notice that one team has English names and the other has Japanese):
- Cuttlefresh * / Cuttlefrsh *
Splashley and KelpShot also switched names in later promos, as Splashley used to be the Inkling boy with the Matcha Down Jacket.
English names of the other team also exists, but is used less frequently:
- Tentattack (Yari)
- Bigfin (Kou)
- Whip-lash (Kensaki)
- Squee-G (Surume)
Had both 1 and 2 since launch and also both pre-release Testfires.
- Level: 66
- Salmon Run: Profresh 400
- Octo Canyon: 1000%
- Octo Expansion: Beat every mission and boss with every weapon in the equipper. Got the stamp on the Deepsea Metro map.
- (Girl Power Station: Splattershot, Slosher, Splat Dualies, Splat Charger, Heavy Splatling, Splat Brella, Blaster, Splat Roller, Octobrush)
|Rank||Stage||Weapons||Hazard Level MAX|
|Profreshional 999 / mostly with team||Lost Outpost||/ / / Random weapons with Grizzco Charger||Yes|
|Profreshional 999 / mostly with team||Salmonid Smokeyard||Luna Blaster / N-ZAP '85 / Carbon Roller / Heavy Splatling||Yes|
|Profreshional 999 / freelance only||Salmonid Smokeyard||/ / / Random Rare weapons||Not even once|
|Profreshional 999 / freelance only||Marooner's Bay||/ / / Random Rare weapons||3 times|
|Profreshional 999 / freelance only||Ruins of Ark Polaris||Flingza Roller / Slosher / Splat Dualies / Heavy Splatling||1 time|
|Profreshional 999 / freelance only||Ruins of Ark Polaris||/ / / Random weapons with Grizzco Slosher||Not even once|
|Profreshional 999 / freelance only||Lost Outpost||/ / / Random Rare weapons||6 times|
|Profreshional 999 / freelance only||Ruins of Ark Polaris||/ / / Random Rare weapons||7 times|
|Splatfests in Splatoon|
|Team||Title||Reason for team choice|
|Rock||Normal Rock Girl||I like more rocky music over pop. Also why I miss Spla1's music.|
|Sleeping||Normal Sleeping Girl||I have times when I'm hungry and times when I don't wanna eat, but I always want to sleep.|
|South Pole||South Pole Fangirl||This Splatfest came down to Penguins vs Polar Bears, and I guess I like penguins.|
|Dancing||Dancing Fangirl||I don't like hearing singing that much.|
|Tidy||Tidy Fangirl||Even though I can be pretty messy, then I like tidiness.|
|Dogs||Dog Fanboy||Splat Tim, he does it. Yeah it was because of memes, even though I prefer cats. It was the only opportunity to be him! (Wish I saved the screenshots before Miiverse went down.)|
|Ghosts||Ghost Defender||I like ghosts more than zombies.|
|Pro-Pineapple||Queen||I don't mind and do like pineapple on pizza, as long as it's done good.|
|Fitness||King||Don't clearly remember the reason, but I guess that was my choice.|
|Barbarian||Queen||We know what happened to ninjas the last time, and my playstyles did match the theme, which was the question this time around.|
|Pokémon Blue||King/Queen||I was torn, but I personally haven't played either so I based it on which Pokémon I preferred. But I liked both, so the old trick of choosing the opposite of what kids would pick was used, which worked in Spla1's Splatfests if anyone remembers.|
|Jet Pack||King/Queen||Well, I wouldn't know how to use either, but if I could a jet pack would give you both vertical and horizontal movement. Plus I'm terrified of standing on the existing boards.|
|Patrick||King||I was also conflicted on this but went with Team Patrick.|
|Fancy/Black Tie Event||Queen||I wanted to go with Team Costume, but was pressured to choose this side.|
|Space||King/Queen||Personally I don't like travelling physically, since it stresses me out, so I just chose it as which place you like to see, and not as where would you also have the experience of the trip going there.|
|Marie||Queen and King||While I like both Squid Sisters I had chosen more themes on Marie's side. You could also preview how the ink was going to look like with the amiibo, where Marie's was really great, while I didn't like the look of Callie's ink colour.|