Inkipedia talk:Ink Pump
- 1 How do you add pictures?
- 2 Questions about Agents&The main page news
- 3 Can't access top right menu
- 4 A number of weapons are not included in the Splatoon 2 graphs on the Ink Saver (Main) Page.
- 5 Policy change: notability of people
- 6 Infobox Colors help!
- 7 Famitsu Guide Renders
- 8 Should there be a page for Rider?
- 9 How add tags and infoboxes
- 10 Strategy pages - ability loadouts
- 11 Stop Vandalism
- 12 Splat squid gang boss
- 13 Octo canyon
- 14 Trivia policy proposal
- 15 Goodbye Inkipedia...
- 16 Help on notifications
- 17 Can manga characters have their own page?
- 18 Should we help the reader with Inner Agent 3?
- 19 Is this a quality article
How do you add pictures?
- If you scroll to the bottom of a page, there should be a link that says “desktop” or “mobile view”. If it says “mobile view” there, you are in the right place. If it says “desktop”, click the link and it should bring up a completely different view of the page. On the left is a list of links, and the third from the bottom will say “upload file”. Click the link and it will bring you to a new page. There should be “choose file” button, click that and it should bring up your photos, (or whatever you use if you use an android or something) after that it’s relatively self explanatory. If you need anything else (or if this is too long) just contact me again. I’m still here unless I am not, FLAME1232(Talk) 20:17, 24 June 2020 (UTC)
Questions about Agents&The main page news
- You should add that callie and marie costumes are beaung added to super smash bros ultimate on the main page (Mipha (talk) 22:57, 28 July 2020 (UTC)) Mipha
- How and where is agent 3 childish? Is this just manga and stuff or fanfic or did I just miss a huge part of the story? (Actually, it can be debated wether agent 3 is 18 or not. It is possible that Marie’s comment is just another whopping fourth wall breaker) And also I think that that might have been added at some point, but it’s been a month. FLAME1232(Talk) 23:52, 28 July 2020 (UTC)
- What exactly do you mean by drop down menus? If you're talking about the alerts and notices icons I can still access those. I don't know what other drop down menus you could be talking about. 20:29, 26 June 2020 (UTC)
- I think he is talking about the mobile view drop down menu when you click on your user name. If that is what he is speaking of, then I am having this problem too. FLAME1232(Talk) 20:32, 26 June 2020 (UTC)
- Everything should at least partially work now. You may have to wait a couple minutes for the fix to start working. 22:27, 26 June 2020 (UTC)
A number of weapons are not included in the Splatoon 2 graphs on the Ink Saver (Main) Page.
link to the page here. The weapons not included on the ink consumption graphs are:
On the "Shooters" graph: Squeezer, Glooga Dualies
On the "Slosher/Brella/Blaster" graph: Explosher, Bloblobber
On the "Chargers/Splatlings" graph: Nautilus 47
Will somebody with the know-how please get on this? Thank you.
Policy change: notability of people
Notability is now defined for real people! The notability policy now determines which people can have their own Inkipedia article. Please comment if you have any ideas for improving this policy. Heddy (talk) 05:18, 5 August 2020 (UTC)
Infobox Colors help!
- Sorry for such late reply, here you go. 22:22, 14 August 2020 (UTC)
Famitsu Guide Renders
Should there be a page for Rider?
So I was looking for ways to help the wiki, and saw that there was no Rider page (Manga). I looked at it’s history and saw it was deleted a while ago, I have the first volume of the Manga and I think I could maybe help?Sliverslider (talk) 23:45, 17 August 2020 (UTC)
- If Rider is one of the main characters then I don't see why not. you can create a draft, and move it to the main article space once it's ready. Create your draft at User:YourUsername/Draft (you can replace "Draft" with a different name). 21:30, 18 August 2020 (UTC)
- I see that Rider is already covered on the list of Splatoon manga characters. Is Rider significant enough to have his own article? Is there enough content to write paragraphs about his personality, beliefs, appearance, behavior, history, character development, etc.? Heddy (talk) 01:20, 19 August 2020 (UTC)
If we are can i do Emperor and prinz.first post by the way thx
- It looks like you've already added an infobox, good job! What do you mean by labels? Heddy (talk) 04:28, 27 August 2020 (UTC)
- Sorry, it is named tags, and now i added to my page, but i need help with the tables, i want to add a table for all the splatfest i participate, can you say me how i can do it please? thanks. Splatoon635
Strategy pages - ability loadouts
Me and a few others have noticed hostility and unnecessary conflict over recommended abilities on the strategy pages.
To eliminate conflict and better serve readers, I propose that we stop recommending individual abilities and instead have a short list of ability loadouts from Top 500 players and tournament-winning players, each with a citation to support its inclusion on the page. Heddy (talk) 23:01, 3 September 2020 (UTC)
I've written a new format on the Splattershot Jr. strategy page. The idea is that ALL abilities can be added there, not just a few. If some abilities are more optimal than others, it can be written in that section why they are better, with details on strategy and effectiveness in combination with the weapon. This way, there should not be fighting over what abilities are listed, as we can simply list all of them if editors desire. Heddy (talk) 19:01, 9 September 2020 (UTC)
I notice that Every day (this days) there’s much vandalism in Inkipedia, I’m tired of that, that the vandals ruin hard work of others, so I have the idea to evit this, I have the idea like a quiz or something that confirm that doesn’t are a vandal, it is someone agree with me? Someone have and idea for stop this? Splatoon635 (talk) 18:52, 8 September 2020 (UTC)
Splat squid gang boss
Could someone who can please give user Splat squid gang boss an official warning? he has made many spam edits and edits unrelated to the wiki on other peoples talk pages. many people have complained. Thanks! Eminence (Chatter) 11:06, 9 September 2020 (UTC)
Trivia policy proposal
I've written a policy proposal, mostly copied from KHWiki. See Inkipedia:Trivia policy. Hopefully it can serve as a useful guideline for what qualifies as trivia, and how to keep facts more organized. Please leave any feedback on the trivia policy talk page! Heddy (talk) 12:43, 23 September 2020 (UTC)
Goodbye everyone, im going from Inkipedia, I'm not have a reason for being here, all the users revert my edits without say me first, i only want to help and the users doesn't see that, so im going. Splat635 14:40, 12 October 2020 (UTC)
- It can be frustrating to have your changes reverted, but that is the nature of wikis. Inkipedia is a collaborative effort where editors are expected to boldly make changes without asking permission first. When someone reverts your edit, they will leave a reason in the edit summary. Heddy (talk) 17:04, 12 October 2020 (UTC)
- Try to accept criticism even if it doesn't align with your point of view. 18:20, 12 October 2020 (UTC)
Yeah, maybe ask them why they removed your changes on their talk pages [[User: Octo1Octo1]] (Octo1)
Help on notifications
Hi! I just joined the wiki a couple days ago. There's this one notification which welcomes you to the wiki, it just doesn't get marked read. I've even tried going to my desktop from my usual mobile, and it's really bugging me. Can someone please give a hand? Yawshi Fan (talk) 13:33, 19 October 2020 (UTC)
- I will tell you how to stop that on your talk page SquidKid2000 :P(Talk) (talk) 17:10, 19 October 2020 (UTC)
- Now it's even better, with another stubborn message, celebrating my 10th edit. Probably not just the welcome message.
- And no SQUIDKID2000, it did not work.
Can manga characters have their own page?
So I looked at one of the surveys on the theme of improvements and the winner was characters.sorry if this is short.(ps ill do Gloves and Prince:) )
- Yes, any official topic in the Splatoon universe can have an article. Manga characters are listed at list of Splatoon manga characters, and some of the notable characters have their own article. Heddy (talk) 23:44, 19 October 2020 (UTC)
Should we help the reader with Inner Agent 3?
Should we add strategies on how to beat the phases of Inner Agent 3 with the description? The reader might not be able to find a way to defeat Inner Agent 3 themselves, and they might not be able to watch YouTube to get advice. It was super hard to do it all myself and make strategies of my own to defeat him. I just got the Golden Toothpick last Sunday, and I worked more than a month on it. (inkluding weekdays) The reader might not have that much time though. Also, I can help if its a yes! :D User:Octo1 Talk Octo1Octo1 (talk) 17:35, 22 October 2020 (UTC)
- I agree, and it's not just Inner Agent 3, a lot of pages with in game tips and advice have them in more hidden spots. Careless readers may miss them very easily. I think these tips should be put in more obvious places, and possibly refer them to sections in the main section. You can see what I did in the Flyfish page. I know I don't have much authority as I have just joined the wiki, but I really think this would be great for a change. Yawshi Fan (talk) 05:04, 24 October 2020 (UTC)
Is this a quality article
So on the lego fandom wiki they have these badges to denote the quality of a page (example,1 is a stub with poor grammar,no images,and next to no text,while a five is a perfect article,) Can we do this??? Prinz is best boi (talk) 10:36, 23 October 2020 (UTC)
- Yeah, ratings seems nice as it allows us to focus on less developed pages. However a lot of effort has to be put into this tho. Yawshi Fan (talk) 05:06, 24 October 2020 (UTC)