I would suggest revising this article to note the release date of the amiibo in all regions, as the article seems to imply/assume a universal announcement/release date. (This is not meant as a slight to the authors; I happen to live in the U.S.) Perhaps an infobox with release dates similar to the one on the Splatoon page can be used. --sunmarsh (talk) 00:04, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
- I added the already made game infobox to the page but I don't know the release dates. But once someone fills it in, it'll have what you wanted.Vernanonix (talk) 14:10, 1 June 2015 (UTC)
Squid Sisters Amiibo Details
I got both the Squid Sisters amiibos, and have collected their quotes from the amiibo box in the Plaza as well as specifics regarding their use. However, I'm afraid of cluttering up the page with their quotes. Should I just add all this to their section, split it into two subsections for Marie and Callie, or add their quotes (as well as the other amiibo quotes) to a separate page? KoopaParatroopa (talk) 19:41, 8 July 2016 (UTC)
- Making Amiibo/Quotes would be good. :::Luke • Talk • Contribs::: 22:47, 8 July 2016 (UTC)
- Understood, thanks!KoopaParatroopa (talk) 00:03, 9 July 2016 (UTC)
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
Should I add in Super Smash Bros Ultimate under third party use? I am wondering this because if any character has a multiple amiibo that belong to different series (ex. there are multiple Mario amiibo that belong to different series), all of those amiibo would be compatible with the same games. I was also wondering if we should add in the Inkling amiibo from the Super Smash Bros series. Let me know what you guys think.
Do we have to fight more battles to unlock each piece of gear? If so, how many? If not, what do we do to earn them all? ~~Destinithompson~~
- Actually, I was wondering this myself! If anyone knew they should add it onto the amiibo page. Splattersky (talk) 00:33, 17 September 2018 (UTC)
- Actually, you just need to scan the Amiibo again to receive the rest of the gear and its song. But idk cuz in my splatoon 2, i just scan the amiibo two times and got all the prizes. Samurottlover (talk) 21:26, 4 October 2020 (UTC)
Hey dudes theres this game called just shapes and beats, and all amiibo are compatible, can I add this PrinzTheOverlord [Splatz] 23:00, 6 December 2020 (UTC)
- This is a wiki, so, (save in certain situations) you can just edit and then discuss. If someone finds something wrong with what you wrote, they will message you, or just edit it themselves. Flame(Talk) 23:37, 6 December 2020 (UTC)
Splatoon 3 amiibo
Where do i put them. I found images on playasia Redacted Squid (talk) 21:05, 18 August 2022 (UTC)
Gendered Clothing Variants
Should the Splatoon 3 section include how amiibo that gave gendered clothing in previous games (like the School Uniform and School Shoes from the Inkling Girl amiibo, or the Pearlescent Crown from the Pearl amiibo) give both variants as separate clothing items now? Lyichir (talk) 18:29, 26 September 2022 (UTC)
- Page: Add info about amiibo functionality in Splatoon 3.
This page is now over 50kB; we should split. Options are:
- Each amiibo gets its own page
- Each amiibo is summarised, then gets its own sub page under amiibo/xyz
- We do a list, and structure the page similar to Tableturf Battle
- Something else?
I also considered each game get its own page or subpage, but the amiibos are backwards-compatible so wouldn't make sense.
This page has been marked for moving.
Slate Talk Contribs 12:47, 11 October 2022 (UTC)
- The first thing I thought of was separating pages for the amiibo per game, potentially? Otherwise, making a page for each would be good too, then using this page to link to each of them. Either way, I definitely approve of the page split! GloverMist (talk) 17:11, 11 October 2022 (UTC)
- Good idea! Maybe this page could also stick around as a navigation page or a page that just contains short summaries of the amiibo. I'd also suggest that the extra functions of the amiibo in other games would go to the pages that have the respective amiibo on them. -Gulliblepikmin
Splatoon 3 Amiibo in Splatoon 2
How are the Splatoon 3 series amiibo read when scanned into Splatoon 2? We should add a "amiibo from future installments" to the Splatoon 2 amiibo section, just like in the Splatoon 1 amiibo section Woomy? (talk) 20:20, 18 November 2022 (UTC)