Archives of old discussions are available here.
- 1 how about we also show Splatoon 1 stages
- 2 Real-life references in Octo Expansion levels
- 3 French Inkipedia needs more articles
- 4 Notice board problem
- 5 Something new that we could test
- 6 Do we not mention notable people/players on the wiki?
- 7 Weapons ranking
- 8 Murch & Sean ability tips
- 9 April Fools...?
- 10 Spoiler alert on main page
- 11 Incorrect Splatfest Info
- 12 Editing the main page
how about we also show Splatoon 1 stages
example: turf war: now: blackbelly skatepark 8:00-12:00 camp triggerfish 8:00-12:00 Later: ancho-v games 12:00-4:00 flounder hieghts 12:00-4:00
Ranked battle: Now: pirahna pit 8:00-12:00 Bluefin Depot 8:00-12:00 later: Port Mackerel 12:00-4:00 Kelp Dome 12:00-4:00 — Preceding unsigned comment added by Vanno (talk • contribs) 15:53, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
- It's no longer possible to show Splatoon 1 stage rotations, since there's no longer a source of real-time rotation data (as Nintendo shut down the original SplatNet service for Splatoon 1 on September 30, 2017). --Kaioora (talk) 19:34, 27 January 2019 (UTC)
- There is a bot on twitter that uploads Splatoon 1 maps in real time (see @Splatoon1Maps) but I have no idea how it works, and I don't know if it's able to show future rotations. Nonetheless, if someone here wants to contact the owner of the bot and see if we can get something working on the wiki, that may be helpful? ShinyCelesteela (talk) 01:39, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
Real-life references in Octo Expansion levels
You might already have noticed, but the stations in the Octo Expansion have references to real-life toys and other stuff. My idea was to put these references in the trivia section of each station's page, but I don't recognize most by name. I've found a Splatoon fan that named all these references, but unfortunately, they are in Japanese, and I can't understand it. So my question is, can someone read Japanese and give the English name of these references, or does someone recognize them by name? I leave the link to this fan's twitter post below.
https://twitter.com/onomatopoeia_gj/status/1009283213083095040 Islar74 (talk) 12:41, 7 February 2019 (UTC)
French Inkipedia needs more articles
French Inkipedia has 93 articles, I feel like adding some more, but I don't know French. Is there an English/French person that can help edit the website? eleven23 (talk) 23:10, 15 February 2019 (UTC)
- It's up to French speakers to add content to Inkipédia if they desire. This is none of our concern, as we are not French speakers. Heddy (talk) 15:30, 16 February 2019 (UTC)
Notice board problem
- I had that for a while when I first joined too, it just fixed itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Splattersky (talk) 08:21, 20 February 2019 (UTC)
Something new that we could test
Do we not mention notable people/players on the wiki?
So while I was out on the internet, I saw this one video about the world's angriest Splatoon 2 Player that goes by the name of, "Putz12" and I'm curious if we cover notable people/players on this wiki. I'm not planning on writing a page about the guy, I'm just curious. AsrielTheInkling (talk) 07:19, 23 February 2019 (UTC)
- Bit defunct, but see the Notability Policy. 11:25, 23 February 2019 (UTC)
I don't believe he's on any team. I've only watched one video about him. Putz12 is a Live Streamer on Twitch.tv and I don't know about him playing the First Splatoon. I have read the page and I understand. Thanks! AsrielTheInkling (talk) 15:19, 23 February 2019 (UTC)
I think it's really good to get multiple opinions when figuring out your weapons, so here's a ranking of them for those who are new to the game (or maybe are just searching for a new weapon). Really informative, worth the read.
Murch & Sean ability tips
I have a few ideas about what to do with the tips (when they come out):
- We could put each tip in a quote section
- We could put it in the trivia
- We could put it in the description, with some words omitted
- If one of the sentences was 'I like cake and chocolate cake' we could omit 'cake and'.
- Judd's just excited for April Fools, that's all.
18:45, 1 April 2019 (UTC)
- Permanent link to the page? 🤔
- Permanent link to the page? 🤔
- As in revision of the vector.js with the script (now it just seems pointless to ask in the first place)
Spoiler alert on main page
I have a recollection that I asked this somewhere before, but since we are no longer adding spoiler alerts on every page, I think it would be decent to have a general disclaimer on the main page, so that users are warned. I know we have the spoiler policy bit, but that's pretty hard to get to, so I think a reminder on the main page would be helpful. Splattersky (talk) 23:45, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
Incorrect Splatfest Info
The main page says that the Splatfest is over, but the game says that it will be going on for another day. Can somebody please fix this? Warriorking98 (talk)
- It doesn't say it's over on the main page for me, it just says "Now - (end time)". Maybe it's a glitch on your end? Splattersky (talk) 03:38, 21 April 2019 (UTC)
- It doesn't have a way to set it for 48 hours and I'm not sure how to fix that. It should currently appear correctly, but only because we are within 24 hours of the end time. Heddy (talk) 10:02, 21 April 2019 (UTC)
Editing the main page
Just to be clear, anyone is welcome to make reasonable updates and additions to the news and Splatfest modules that show up on the main page. The locks in place before were only in place due to a spike in vandalism a long time ago, and those locks have been removed. Heddy (talk) 22:41, 13 May 2019 (UTC)