Should we have a translation team?
Hello, I was thinking that we should have a translation team for the website, but if there is already a team, then how can I join. Thanks. :). My user name is RessescupsRessescups (talk) 18:37, 5 January 2021 (UTC)
- There is no team as such, but if you see any untranslated content on the site then please feel free to translate it. Thanks, Luke26 (talk) 18:46, 5 January 2021 (UTC)
- I actually speak Italian so if anyone needs help with that. -Octosquidfishyling?!? (Also I forgot how to link my user )
How do I get Barnsquids?
Anyone can give them to others or use them on their own page. See Template:Barnsquids for usage info. In the future please use Ink Pump, as this talk page is meant for talking about the Main Page. Heddy (talk) 18:19, 6 January 2021 (UTC)
weapon of the day
- That is a good idea, maybe bring it up on the ink pump--Astor x30px 15:17, 6 February 2021 (UTC)
- yea, this sounds like a good idea Pixel Moone 15:37, 2 February 2022 (UTC)
Honestly in my opinion I think That would be a very smart choice. Splatto 17:49, 11 June 2021 (UTC)
-I think we should have 2 weapons of the day, showing callie's choice and the most used weapon for today. Also maybe include most often recommended weapons too Zelda+Splatoon2 (talk) 20:10, 26 November 2021 (UTC)
Stage schedule error issue.
Sometimes when a lot of stage rotations have passed on the Main Page's schedule, when I try to refresh the page to find what stages are next when both say "Previous" on their times, it says "Now" and/or "Next, in Hr.:Min.:Sec." for one frame then changing to "Previous" again. I can fix this by "Purging the page" FYI. I'm just asking if this is a problem for multiple people and can it be fixed outside of page purging? Thanks. P.J. GT (talk) 04:21, 6 February 2021 (UTC)
- We're aware of the issue and are looking into it. Apologies for the inconvenience! Luke26 (talk) 13:40, 6 February 2021 (UTC)
Me and Flame actually started the movement for weapon strategies, so I wanted to thank everyone who participated! Also thanks to whoever mentioned it in the news!
- @dedf1sh07: The gear in stores (other than the SplatNet shop) is different for everyone, so it is not possible to add that to the main page. Heddy (talk) 04:56, 24 February 2021 (UTC)
- I didn't know, that but ok. dedf1sh07 (talk) 05:50, 24 February 2021 (UTC)
- Yeah, according to the level article, specific levels unlock two-star and three-star gear, so not all players get the same gear due to some players having a low level. On top of the level stuff, I think Nintendo also randomizes the available gear per-person, so even if two players have the same level, they will still not have the same gear in the shops. Heddy (talk) 06:05, 24 February 2021 (UTC)
- I didn't know, that but ok. dedf1sh07 (talk) 05:50, 24 February 2021 (UTC)
Had an idea called inkling of the week, kinda like iotm. Instead of that, i could write a small thing on exeptional inklings helping on inkipedia. i wont be biased, tell me what you think!Squid400 (talk) 18:17, 8 March 2021 (UTC)
- How would that work? Timewip2020 (talk) 05:30, 10 March 2021 (UTC)
How can I help add information to Splatoon 3?
Hello, I'm HalfSanitized, and I'm fairly new to the wiki. I am a very big Splatoon fan, and was trying to add Splatoon 3 info to the wiki. I accidentally added unconfirmed information, which was then taken down. I really want to add Splatoon 3 information, but I'm not sure how. Is there anything I can do that will add Splatoon 3 information? Thank you! :) — Preceding unsigned comment added by HalfSanitized (talk • contribs)
- @HalfSanitized I think all the available info has been added to the Splatoon 3 page. I suggest keeping an eye out for new information from Nintendo. Heddy (talk) 06:39, 21 March 2021 (UTC)
Does Inkipedia do anything for April Fools Day?
Just wondering. I know other wikis do this, but I don’t see any pranks here. -- LIL JUDD INVASION! 21:45, 1 April 2021 (UTC)
- Yes. I recently found out that the "Edit by pigeon" is an April Fools because the file has April fools in its name (heres the link:[] ) And I'm pretty sure that User:Fumple Splatoon 2 shirt" when it reality, it was a fraud
That was close...
Funny how it says on the edit by pigeon thing that people's edits are ruined by bad connections when my bad connection saved me from the rickroll link. Must say, THAT was a close call. WoomyMcBoomy 20:15, 10 April 2021 (UTC)
Can we please remove this?
- Yeah I agree, April's almost over already lol Timewip2020 (talk) 18:04, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
- We have always kept news up until it is replaced by new news. Heddy (talk) 21:50, 22 April 2021 (UTC)
If there is something new announced for Splatoon 3 in the near future (possibly E3), could it replace the April Fools joke? The S3 announcement is more important IMO. P.J. GT (talk) 22:19, 29 April 2021 (UTC)
- One new post would bump the NIWA post down, but not replace it. When two new posts are made, then the NIWA post will be gone. I'm happy to add posts for anything new regarding Inkipedia or Splatoon, but I will not arbitrarily replace posts just because someone doesn't like a particular post. Heddy (talk) 06:56, 30 April 2021 (UTC)
On this page will be information about the Splatoon 3 trailers, thus adding further analysis. Feel free to edit this page with more information.
At the begging we see multiple new hairstyles for the female and male inklings, as well new pants options. We also get new eye coloration, as well as multiple coloured eyes. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Rizmal (talk • contribs) 04:22, 1 September 2021 (UTC)
I was wondering if there was a way to create a link that would take the user to a page with multiple article links they could choose from. For example, I have recently created the page for Alterna. However, there is also a link for an uncreated page called “Alterna (mode)”. When both articles are active, is there a way I can use a link like this? — Preceding unsigned comment added by HalfSanitized (talk • contribs) 02:27, 25 September 2021 (UTC)
- For now, I think we should use the former (without "(mode)"). Exaskliri (talk) 03:39, 25 September 2021 (UTC)
Hey, can someone add something about the new trailer to the main page news thingy? I would but I have no clue how or if I even have perms to. Thanks.16:05, 10 February 2022 (UTC)
- Added Salmon Run Next Wave to the news section. Thanks for the reminder. Shahar (talk) 17:33, 10 February 2022 (UTC)
- Shouldn't the release window announcement of Summer 2022 be mentioned too? 18:14, 10 February 2022 (UTC)
This might help stop vandals.
- We have that too but those questions are very basic so that legitimate users can register as well. Shahar (talk) 11:54, 3 April 2022 (UTC)
Should the Manga icon be changed?
Even though I'm not a fan of the Splatoon Manga, I believe the current image of Prince for the link on the Main Page should be changed to one of Goggles instead. As he's the "main protagonist/mascot" of the Manga, while Prince is a former-antagonist and current supporting character. It could be the front cover of Volume 1 as the image instead. Just sharing an opinion. Sincerely,00:56, 14 April 2022 (UTC)
- I agree it should be changed, perhaps it could fit in more with the style of the other icons. Some cropped form of this splatfest icon of Goggles could work. Eminence Chatter 15:57, 14 April 2022 (UTC)
- I think it's perfectly fine as is. Nobody has ever complained about the icon until now, and it's done the job of conveying the manga section just fine, so why change it? If I had one gripe with it, it would be that it doesn't match the style of the other icons too well, but I could totally draw another icon if you guys wanted me to, as it'll help Inkipedia in some way. Additionally, the icon that Eminence just proposed has too much detail, and it would probably look like a disaster when compressed.
- (Hope my bias towards Prince isn't getting in the way too much...) 21:00, 14 April 2022 (UTC)
- Here is what the image would look like when compressed to 24 pixels: It doesn't look very good right now, but I think it would look better if someone were to cut out the head and delete the rest of the body. I might do it if I can find the time. I do think that this icon would be better than the current one. That's just my opinion, though. Also, the entire reason the current icon is there is because of another user with a bias towards Prinz. Eminence Chatter 21:31, 14 April 2022 (UTC)
- I cropped the image so it’s just his head, here it is. Hopefully it will look good tiny. I think it will look better with the other icons’ styles, and I was never really sure why the icon was Prince. 18:49, 15 April 2022 (UTC)
- That looks okay, but you can clearly see the area in which Goggles' body has been erased, and it's off-center, which wouldn't look great on the main page, sadly. I'm working on an icon for the main page as well that shares a similar art style as most of the other icons. 18:56, 15 April 2022 (UTC)
- Okay, I drew this icon of Prince here. If we are absolutely certain that Prince should not be the character of choice, then that's fine. I'll just draw Goggles instead once I have the time. 19:33, 15 April 2022 (UTC)
- Tch... Sure, whatever Heddy... If you think that the cropped Goggles is the best, then I'm not one to judge. I'm sure WoomyGirl put a lot of thought and effort into cropping that out, but it just looks unprofessional and messy. Having a blatant copy and paste of the Champion vs Challenger Goggles art mixed in with the SplatNet 2 icons just makes it stick out like a sore thumb, and it does not display the professional and high quality standard that we strive to maintain. Think about it, everyone who visits the main page will see that intentionally childish attempt at an illustration of Goggles. Everyone will see that. I hope you take this opinion into account before applying that thing onto the main page, though I assume you've already made up your mind. 23:44, 15 April 2022 (UTC)
- I agree with the cropped Goggles image. It's more official (coming from Nintendo) than the current one which I'm not sure where it came from. It's also a character's head which does fit with most of the other icons that are also character's head. It also looks nice so yeah. ChessMaster [TALK] 01:05, 16 April 2022 (UTC) (Nice drawing btw Princewave)
- Thanks for the compliment. I'm just a little ticked off at how an official image, regardless if it's good or not, seems to have priority over fan art of any kind. Like, I get how you aren't supposed to post any unofficial content on a character's wiki page for example, but if it's literally the main page, having accurate and high quality fan art should be a priority over official art that doesn't fit. Nintendo isn't gonna provide every little bit of art for every character in every style, so liberties should be taken in order to ensure the highest quality on the main page. Even the Goggles image and the current icon of Prince from Volume 5 have both been unofficially cropped! (Sorry for all this ranting..! Just need to get the point across...) 01:54, 16 April 2022 (UTC)
- I realize the cropped Champ vs Challenger icon doesn’t look super clean, but it is going to be shrunk quite a bit and will fit in better than the current one. I really do like Princewave’s art, but I think it should be Goggles and official icons would probably be better, as fan art isn’t really used anywhere on the wiki. (Just as a note, I’m totally fine if the cropped Goggles isn’t used, I was just trying to provide a visual of what Eminence suggested so we could see if it looks good.) 16:03, 16 April 2022 (UTC)
I just don't get why you guys are so reluctant to have a little bit of fan art on the main page. If you would just read my last edit above, then you'd know why I'm more flexible with that kind of material. I don't want the main page to look like some child's scrapbook full of mishmashed art styles! If you guys want me to make an icon of Goggles in the SplatNet 2 style, just say the word! I want to use my artistic talent to help Inkipedia!16:31, 16 April 2022 (UTC)