Salmonid Field Guide
The following text is quoted from the Salmonid Field Guide.
- What Happens
- Large numbers of Gushers will appear in the area.
- A Goldie will be hiding in one of the Gushers.
- You can shoot the Gusher to make it erupt, but chances are a regular salmonid will pop out instead of a Goldie.
- How to Get Golden Eggs
- The Goldie lurking in one of the Gushers will drop loads of Golden Eggs when hit with ink.
- Advice from Mr. Grizz
- Spread out, and find that Goldie FAST.
- When you find the Goldie, call your buddies over and let loose with all your firepower!
- The Gushers emit light when you hit them--the brighter the light, the closer you are to that glorious Goldie.
- Supplementary Information
- Salmonids obtained the technology to create Gushers through trade with Octarians.
- The Goldie loses scales when hit, so it's able to move faster the more you damage it!
- The Gushers also spout higher the closer they are to the Goldie's hiding place.
- It is possible to splat the Goldie by depleting its HP. If this happens, any opened gushers will close and reset, and another Goldie will hide in a different gusher.
- The Goldie has 6500 HP and drops a golden egg for every 500 HP damage sustained. Its HP slowly regenerates over time.
- Taking off 2500 HP will shrink it down to medium size. Taking off 2000 more HP will shrink it down to the smallest size. Finally, depleting 2000 more HP from it while it is in that state will finish it off.
- In other words, the Goldie drops a minimum of 13 golden eggs (6500/500) until it gets splatted and drops 3 golden eggs, resulting in a minimum total of 16 golden eggs. However, it is possible to have it drop 17 or more golden eggs in one turn if it is allowed to recuperate HP over time.
- Open as few gushers as possible. Salmonids continue to spawn from the incorrect ones until the Goldie is discovered.
- When the Goldie is discovered, rolling into it with the Dynamo Roller can cause it to drop a large quantity of Golden Eggs at once.
Concept art of a Goldie, from The Art of Splatoon 2, which features a Goldie on top of an opened Gusher.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Het zoeken van Goldies||The search for Goldies|
|French (NOE)||Chasse aux Dorax||Goldie hunt|
|Italian||Scovare i Pinne d'Oro||Search for the Goldie|
|Russian||Поиски Великого Сам О'Нида
Poiski Velikogo Sam O'Nida
|Spanish (NOA)||Detección de orónidos||Detection of Goldies|
|Spanish (NOE)||Detección de salmóreos||Detection of the Goldie|
|This article or section needs more images!|
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!