- For the Boss Salmonid, see Mudmouth.
|This article or section needs more images!|
You can help the wiki by adding some to keep it looking fresh!
Mudmouth Eruptions is a Known Occurrence in Salmon Run Next Wave.
During this event, Mudmouths will erupt from the holes left by gushers. Lesser Salmonids will jump out of the mouths of the Mudmouths periodically. The team must throw a bomb into a Mudmouth's mouth to damage it and obtain a Golden Egg. The more bombs players throw into their mouths, the more decrepit Mudmouths appear. Once three bombs have been eaten, the Mudmouth will explode and release three Golden Eggs. Golden Mudmouths may also appear, which drop two eggs when damaged and five when defeated. Chum or Smallfry will come out of regular Mudmouths, but Golden Mudmouths will spawn Cohocks.
Salmonid Field Guide
The following text is quoted from the Salmonid Field Guide.
- A Mudmouth will erupt out of the hole left by a gusher and open its huge mouth.
- Lesser Salmonids will start jumping out of the Mudmouth's mouth, one after another after another...
How to Get Golden Eggs
- Throw a bomb into the Mudmouth's mouth. When the bomb explodes, it'll cough up a Golden Egg.
- If you throw in enough bombs, the Mudmouth will explode and drop even more Golden Eggs!
- Sometimes you'll see one covered in golden goop. Defeat it, and it'll leave behind LOTS of Golden Eggs.
Advice from Mr. Grizz
- Search for the Mudmouth by tracking where the Lesser Salmonids are coming from.
- Mudmouths multiply as time passes, so splat 'em fast!
- Long ago, the Mudmouth was thought to be a spirit who haunted the depths of the Splatlands seas.
- Now, thanks to the courage and quick thinking of Splatsville youths who thought to start throwing bombs into their mouths, we know they're just Salmonids who got stuck in a pipe and coated in mud.
- Rollers do an exceptionally good job protecting the crew from Salmonids coming out of Mudmouths. It's recommended for a Roller user to stand in front of a Mudmouth while moving slowly towards it, this way rolling will consume less ink but will still splat Salmonids. Staying still is not recommended, as this will cause the Roller user to be bounced back by Salmonids.
- All Rollers except Carbon Roller and Big Swig Roller are able to crush Chums.
- All Rollers are able to crush Smallfries.
- Weapons with high damage per second do a great job taking out large groups of Cohocks so they should focus on protecting the teammates from them when a Golden Mudmouth appears.
- Dynamo Roller is able to crush Cohocks, so when a Golden Mudmouth appears, the Dynamo Roller user can stand in front of it slightly rolling towards the Cohocks stream while the rest of the team can damage the Golden Mudmouth.
- All Chargers except Bamboozler 14 Mk I and Snipewriter 5H are able to pierce shot through Salmonids including Cohocks, so it's recommended for the said Chargers users to focus on Cohocks when a Golden Mudmouth appears.
- Additionally, E-liter 4K is able to one-shot Cohocks.
- Booyah Bomb, Killer Wail 5.1, and Triple Inkstrike can pierce through Mudmouths, dealing damage to them.
- Weapons with explosive projectiles such as Explosher, Grizzco Slosher, Inkjet and Crab Tank's bomb mode are able to damage Mudmouths similarly to Splat Bomb if aimed in the mouth. Because of that, it's recommended for Explosher and Grizzco Slosher users to focus on taking out Mudmouths, while the rest of the team can focus on splatting Salmonids and collecting Eggs.
Names in other Languages
|Dutch||Uitbarstingen van Moddermuilen||Eruptions of Mudmouths|
|French (NOA)||Émergence de salmonoïdes de boue||Rise of mud salmonids|
|French (NOE)||Émergence de Salmonoïdes de boue||Rise of Mud salmonids|
|Italian||Eruzioni di Fangonoidi||Mudmouth Eruptions|
|Russian||Появление илистого ревуна
Poyaleniye ilistogo revuna
From илистый прыгун ilistyy prygun (mudskipper) and ревун revun (howler)
|Spanish (NOA)||Erupciones de bocalodos|
|Spanish (NOE)||Erupciones de morrolodos||Mudmouth Eruptions|
ní guīyú pēnfā
ní guīyú pēnfā
|Mud Salmon Squirt|
|Internal||CoopEvent_Tamaire (Splatoon 3)||-|