|This is a user page!|
Hello, YourUsername, I'm DJ Particle, RIAAcidal Lesbian Parodist. I've been video gaming since 1978, the days of the pong consoles (first household console Magnavox Odyssey 4000 [released Aug 1977]). Nintendo fanatic since 1987 and a charter subscriber to Nintendo Power in 1988. I currently own the PS2, Wii (Mark 1 - doubles as a Game Cube), Wii U, New 2DS XL, and Switch (all NA region consoles).
My history with Splatoon is a bit checkered. I got the first game in August 2015, and struggled with the motion and double-stick controls. Intimidated, I put the game on the back burner for almost a year (until May 18, 2016). When my partner got her own Wii U and Splatoon, I vowed to conquer my own hubris so I could play with her, and ended up getting thoroughly hooked.
Unfortunately, this meant I missed every Splatfest from the first game save for the final one, and even then, since it was taking place on a weekend I wouldn't be home, I couldn't actually splat in it, so I at least picked up the Splatfest Tee for Team Callie.
To make up for my lack of Splatfest participation in the first game, I bought all three regions of the second game, and have participated in every Splatfest across those regions since release, and Queened out all but one. I also ran Minifests after official Splatfests ended to keep the excitement going until Splatoon 3 neared.
I'm more hooked than ever now, and have logged over 4500 hours to date between the three regions of Splatoon 2, and my time in Splatoon 3 promises to be even greater! I also have never seen a more welcoming or fun video gaming community than the Splatoon community, and I'm glad to be a part of it. Splat well, squids!
Personal Splatfest Data
Click on team names for my "Splatfest Musings"
|Callie||Lose||Callie Fangirl (0/10)||July 22, 2016||2|
|Splatoon 2 (Battle Tally)|
|Ketchup||Win*||Ketchup Queen||August 5, 2017||21|
|Flight||Win||Flight Queen||September 2, 2017||24|
|Fries||Lose||Fry Queen||September 9, 2017||21|
|Front Roll||Win||Front Roll Queen||October 7, 2017||24|
|Dexterity||Lose||Dexterity Queen||October 14, 2017||21|
|Vampire||Win||Vampire Queen||October 14, 2017||24|
|Warm Breakfast||Win||Warm Queen||November 4, 2017||24|
|Lemon||Lose||Lemon Queen||November 11, 2017||21|
|Sci-Fi||Lose||Sci-Fi Queen||November 18, 2017||21|
|Outer Wear||Win||Outer Wear Queen||December 9, 2017||24|
|Film||Win||Film Queen||December 9, 2017||24|
|Socks||Lose||Sock Queen||December 16, 2017||21|
|Comedy||Win||Comedy Queen||January 13, 2018||72|
|Challenger||Win||Challenger Queen||February 3, 2018||24|
|Gherk-IN||Lose||Gherk-IN Queen||February 10, 2018||21|
|Love||Win||Love Queen||February 17, 2018||24|
|Dango||Lose||Dango Champion (42/99)||March 3, 2018||13|
|Egg||Lose||Egg Queen||March 10, 2018||42|
|Newest||Lose||Newest Queen||March 24, 2018||21|
|Baseball||Win||Baseball Queen||April 7, 2018||24|
|Salty||Win||Salty Queen||April 7, 2018||24|
|Future Tech||Win||Future Tech Queen||April 21, 2018||24|
|Leo||Lose||Leo Queen||May 5, 2018||42|
|Donnie||Win||Donnie Queen||May 12, 2018||48|
|Donnie||Win||Donnie Queen||May 19, 2018||48|
|Hello Kitty||Win||Hello Kitty Queen||May 19, 2018||24|
|My Melody||Win||My Melody Queen||May 26, 2018||24|
|Hello Kitty||Lose||Hello Kitty Queen||June 9, 2018||21|
|Pulp||Win||Pulp Queen||June 23, 2018||48|
|Octopus||Lose||Octopus Queen||July 21, 2018||63|
|Bamboo Shoot Village||Lose||Bamboo Shoot Queen||August 18, 2018||21|
|Adventure||Win||Adventure Queen||August 18, 2018||24|
|Fork||Win||Fork Queen||August 25, 2018||24|
|Splatoon 2 (Clout)|
|Retro||Lose||Retro Queen||September 22, 2018||42|
|Koshian||Win||Koshian Queen||September 23, 2018||24|
|Treat||Win||Treat Queen||October 19, 2018||72|
|Pocky Chocolate||Lose||Pocky Chocolate Queen||November 10, 2018||21|
|Salsa||Win||Salsa Queen||November 17, 2018||24|
|Save It||Win||Save It Queen||November 24, 2018||24|
|Hero||Lose||Hero Queen||December 15, 2018||63|
|Fam||Lose||Fam Queen||January 4, 2019||63|
|Boke||Win||Boke Queen||February 2, 2019||24|
|Waffle||Win||Waffle Queen||February 9, 2019||48|
|Wizard||Win||Wizard Queen||March 16, 2019||72|
|Tortoise||Lose||Tortoise Queen||April 19, 2019||63|
|Pacific League||Win||Pacific Queen||May 11, 2019||24|
|Time Travel||Lose||Time Travel Queen||May 18, 2019||42|
|Narwhal||Win||Narwhal Queen||June 15, 2019||24|
|Pineapple||Lose||Pineapple Queen||June 15, 2019||21|
|Grown-Up||Win||Grown-Up Queen||June 15, 2019||24|
|Order||Lose||Order Queen||July 18, 2019||63|
|Ketchup||Win||Ketchup Queen||May 22, 2020||72|
|Egg||Lose||Egg Queen||August 21, 2020||63|
|Treat||Win||Treat Queen||October 30, 2020||72|
|Super Star||Lose||Super Star Queen||January 15, 2021||63|
|Scissors||Lose||Scissors Ruler||August 27, 2022||0|
|Grub||Lose||Grub Ruler||September 24, 2022||84|
|Water||Win||Water Ruler||November 11, 2022||96|
|Fastest Splatfest Queenout Times|
|5 (tie)||Time Travel||1h 47m|
|5 (tie)||Tortoise||1h 47m|
|7 (tie)||Treat||1h 55m|
|7 (tie)||Water||1h 55m|
|9||Pacific League||1h 56m|
My team in bold
|Lemon vs. Lime||Lunaaa||Lose||August 10, 2019|
|Chocolate vs. Caramel||#9 Party||Win||August 17, 2019|
|Mac & Cheese vs. Pasta & Red Sauce||Twitter Splatfests||Win||September 4-27, 2019|
|Autobomb vs. Suction Bomb||Twin Tropical||Win||September 14, 2019|
|Spring vs. Autumn||Extrafest||Win||September 14, 2019|
|Joel vs. Mike||DJ Particle||Win||September 14, 2019|
|Bat vs. Jack O'Lantern||Twin Tropical||Lose||October 12, 2019|
|Sadako vs. Kayako||DJ Particle||Lose||October 12, 2019|
|Video Games vs. Board Games||Twitter Splatfests||Win||October 14-27, 2019|
|Pumpkin Pie vs. Apple Pie||Twin Tropical||Lose||November 9, 2019|
|Stuffing vs. Potatoes||DJ Particle||Lose||November 9, 2019|
|Cereal vs. Turkey||Extrafest||Lose||November 23, 2019|
|Stuffing vs. Potatoes||Redstone||Win||November 30, 2019|
|Cookies vs. Brownies||Subspace King||Lose||December 14, 2019|
|Rudolph vs. Frosty||DJ Particle||Lose||December 14, 2019|
|Getting vs. Giving||Splatfest Remix||Win||December 17-31, 2019|
|Giving vs. Getting||Redstone||Win||December 28, 2019|
|Giving vs. Getting||Twin Tropical||Win||January 11, 2020|
|Squid Sisters vs. Off The Hook||Toon Inkopolis||Win||January 11, 2020|
|Rat vs. Mouse||Subspace King||Lose||January 25, 2020|
|Snowman vs. Snow Angels||Redstone||Lose||January 25, 2020|
|Hot vs. Cold||Extrafest||Win||January 25, 2020|
|Ranked vs. Turf War||DJ Particle||Win||January 25, 2020|
|Light vs. Darkness||Walk The Plank||Lose||February 1, 2020|
|Flowers vs. Chocolate||Cephalopod Kickback||Lose||February 15, 2020|
|OwO vs. UwU||DJ Particle||Lose||February 15, 2020|
|No Splatfest Tee vs. Splatfest Tee||Redstone||Win||February 29, 2020|
|Perky vs. Edgy||DJ Particle||Win||March 14, 2020|
|Care Bears vs. Care Bear Cousins||Vicvillon||Win||March 28, 2020|
|Bunny vs. Egg||DJ Particle||Win||April 11, 2020|
|Food vs. Friends||Redstone||Lose||May 30, 2020|
|Beach Party vs. Pool Party||DJ Particle||Lose||June 13, 2020|
|Cat vs. Dog||Subspace King||Lose||July 4, 2020|
|Squid Squad vs. Wet Floor||DJ Particle||Lose||July 18, 2020|
|Outer Space vs. Deep Sea||DJ Particle||Lose||September 12, 2020|
|Horde vs. Alliance||DJ Particle||Lose||November 21, 2020|
|Console vs. PC||DJ Particle||Lose||December 19, 2020|
|Hope vs. Despair||DJ Particle||Win||February 13, 2021|
|Inkopolis vs. Splatsville||DJ Particle||Win||March 13, 2021|
|Mounds vs. Almond Joy||DJ Particle||Lose||April 3, 2021|
|Ranked vs. Turf War||The Splatfest Society||Lose||April 24, 2021|
|Sunflower vs. Rose||Custom Splatfest||Win||May 28, 2021|
|Early Bird vs. Night Owl||DJ Particle||Win||May 29, 2021|
|Sub vs. Wrap||DJ Particle||Lose||June 26, 2021|
|Mario vs. Sonic||DJ Particle||Win||July 24, 2021|
|Miiverse vs. Miitomo||DJ Particle||Lose||August 14, 2021|
|Grizzco vs. Kamabo||DJ Particle||Lose||September 18, 2021|
|Chills vs. Thrills||DJ Particle||Lose||October 16, 2021|
|Brownies vs. Cookies||DJ Particle||Win||November 20, 2021|
|Janie vs. Eurie||DJ Particle||Lose||December 18, 2021|
|Ranko vs. DJ||DJ Particle||Lose||January 21, 2022|
Splatoon 3 Multiregion FAQ
- So can this even be done in Splatoon 3?
- Yes. To play Splatfests in all 4 regions, Nintendo has made it both easier and harder in Splatoon 3. Easier in the sense that anyone can choose to play any region, harder in the sense that you can't play it all with one account anymore.
- What are the 4 regions?
- 1. - Japan
- 2. - Americas/Oceania
- 3. - Europe
- 4. - Greater SE Asia
- What do I need to start with?
- You need 4 distinct email addresses, as no two Nintendo accounts can link to the same email. After that, create your accounts, linking each one to a different email. Now here's the expensive part: each new account must also have Nintendo Online access. The easiest way to do this of course is to spring for a family plan and add your other accounts to your "family". After that, launch the game with each account, and when it asks, assign each account to a different region.
- Please? Can I please use my regular Nintendo Account to play all regions? I don't want to remake my friends list.
- No. Sadly, you cannot do this with the way multiregioning works for Splatoon 3. Prepare to remake your friends' list 3x over.
- Since the game is all one version, won't the data load between regions conflict with each other?
- No. Splatfest data for all active regions will be in the source code, and the different save files on your accounts will tell the game which region to activate.
- Can I use SplatNet 3 for all regions?
- Yes, but you'll have to log in and out between your 4 accounts to view each one.
- This sounds really cool! Will I be splatting with international squids/octolings?
- Rarely. The matching servers are region-agnostic, so unless you're joining overseas people on your friends list, you will still be paired with whoever's available that has the best peer-to-peer connections to you. In most cases, this will still be players from your home region.
- What about language support? What regions support which languages?
- All languages are supported fully in all regions except Japan, in which some Splatfest-related quotes and graphics (for Japan-only Splatfests) may be Japanese-only
- If you have any other questions, ask me on my talk page. :)
Sometimes I may refer to certain weapons/stages by different or alternate names.
- Splash-o-matic - Sharpie Marker - because just about every other language localization calls it a name based on, well, what it *is* - a fine/sharp marker. Curious why only the English version doesn't refer to that.
- Sploosh-o-matic - Bold Marker - see above, similar reason.
- Bloblobber - Overflosher - because for some reason I have trouble saying "Bloblobber".
- Angle Shooter - Line Marker - Again, it's a freakin' magic marker!
- Wave Breaker - Hop Sonar - I just like the way it sounds.
- Shellendorf Institute - Devon Museum for 2 reasons:
- Ultra Stamp - Da Hamma, because that's what it does to us! *heh*
- Wahoo World - Woomy World, because Nintendo missed a golden opportunity there. It just feels more natural.
Who is "Bad Cop Callie"?
If you're unfortunate enough to disconnect your way into Splat Jail, headcanon says your toon has to deal with the Squid Sisters interrogating you, with one as "good cop" and one as "bad cop". Unfortunately for all of us, Callie wanted to be the "bad cop"...after all, she's seen it lots of times on TV! *heh* Think of perky Callie TRYING to be the "bad cop", accusing your toon of all sorts of silly impossible shenanigans ("You hacked the map...WITH YOUR MIND!!!"), and mentioning she has "zillions" of evidence against you (MARIE: "Callie, "zillion" isn't a number! *sigh*")...and failing hilariously. Poor Marie can only facepalm in disbelief.
|Ultra Pong Doubles||NTSC||Atari (Sears variant)||1977||2006-|
|Atari 5200 (Mk 2)||NTSC||Atari||1982||2006-2013|
|Atari 2600 (Mk 4)||NTSC||Atari||1986||2006-2013|
|Game Boy Advance||None||Nintendo||1999||2001-2013|
|Game Boy Advance SP||None||Nintendo||2001||2001-2003|
|New 2DS XL||None||Nintendo||2018||2019-|