The Hockey Mask is headgear in Splatoon 2.
It is a 3-star item produced by SquidForce and comes with the primary ability Ink Recovery Up. It can be obtained by visiting the Splatoween news article on the Nintendo Switch new channel. It cannot be ordered through Murch.
The Hockey Mask is a glow-in-the-dark hockey goalie's mask (facemask with airholes) with red arrows up each side of the face leading up to a blue slash on the temples. It is attached to the head with four black straps
How to obtain
- Open the Nintendo Switch News application and select the article about Splatoween.
- The article is titled Free Download! Celebrate Splatoween with this spooky in-game gear.
- If the article is not visible, subscribe to Squid Research Lab Report (NA) or Squid Research Lab Bulletin (EU) and allow time for the news application to update with Splatoon-related news.
- Select the "Happy Splatoween" button located at the bottom of the article to start Splatoon 2.
- Open the box that appears in the middle of Inkopolis Square.
If this does not work, start over at step 1, or view the video demonstration below.
The Hockey Mask comes with Ink Recovery Up as a main ability. As a 3-star item, the Hockey Mask has three additional slots for secondary abilities. Since it is made by the SquidForce brand, it has a higher chance of rolling Ink Resistance Up and a lower chance of rolling Ink Saver (Main) to fill its secondary ability slots.
- The mask and its relation to Halloween are a reference to the "Friday the 13th" franchise, as its main villain, Jason Voorhees, wears an identical mask.
- The Japanese name for this gear intentionally does not use the kanji 仮面 for the word "mask", since it is a homophone for a certain type of mackerel.
Names in other languages
|French (NOE)||Masque de hockey||Hockey Mask|
|Italian||Maschera da hockey||Hockey Mask|
|Spanish (NOE)||Máscara de hockey||Hockey Mask|
Headgear in Splatoon 2