It is available in Splatoon and Splatoon 2 as a reward through the Splatoon series Inkling Boy amiibo.
The Samurai Helmet is a large helmet wider than the wearer's shoulders, in the style of kabuto. It has a shiny gold crest on the front in the shape of a stylized squid and a thick cord tied in a bow at the chin. It also has two large, curved, wing-like shapes, one on both sides of the head. The cord as well as the back and sides of the helmet change color to match that of the wearer's Ink.
Because of its unusually large size, the Samurai Helmet often clips with the wearer's body and/or surroundings.
- 1. Octotrooper Hideout — Catch That Zapfish!
- 2. Lair of the Octoballs — Splat Your Way to the Top!
- 3. Rise of the Octocopters — Leap to Victory!
- Boss 1: Squish, Squash, Smash... The Mighty Octostomp!
- A UI icon for the item was discovered in the data files for Super Mario Maker. The metalic flanges on the front are straight and do not appear to be reflective at this time, and the cord is blue.
Promo of a male Inkling wearing the Samurai Gear, holding a Hero Roller Replica.
A female Inkling wearing just the Samurai Helmet, holding a Gold Dynamo Roller.
Names in other languages
|French||Casque de samouraï|
|Italian||Elmo da samurai||Samurai Helmet|
|Spanish (NOA)||Casco de samurái|
|Spanish (NOE)||Casco samurái|