The Twisty Headband is headgear in Splatoon 2.
It is a 3-star item produced by SquidForce and comes with the primary ability Special Power Up. It can be obtained by visiting the FrostyFest news article on the Nintendo Switch News application. It can also be purchased from SplatNet Gear Shop for 17,700.
The Twisty Headband is a thick silver and gold headband in the style of hachimaki. It is made of rope or twisted cloth and is tied in a knot at the right side of the forehead.
How to obtain
- Open the Nintendo Switch News application and select the article about FrostyFest.
- Select the "Play Splatoon 2" button located at the bottom of the article to start Splatoon 2.
- Open the box that appears in the middle of Inkopolis Square.
If this does not work, start over at step 1, or view the video demonstration below.
The Twisty Headband comes with Special Power Up as a main ability. As a 3-star item, the Twisty Headband has three additional slots for secondary abilities. Since it is made by the SquidForce brand, it has a higher chance of rolling Ink Resistance Up and a lower chance of rolling Ink Saver (Main) to fill its secondary ability slots.
- The Twisty Headband is very similar to the Traditional Headband from Splatoon. However, the Traditional Headband's knot changes location based on the wearer's gender, while the Twisty Headband is always the same.
- Despite being a limited item not available in Headspace, the Twisty Headband can still be ordered from Murch. This functionality is shared with the other headgear from FrostyFest, the Eel-Cake Hat, Festive Party Cone, and New Year's Glasses DX, and the most recent Splatfest.
A battle at Blackbelly Skatepark, with two Inklings wearing Twisty Headbands.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Gevlochten hoofdband||Braided Headband|
|German||Gewundenes Stirnband||Spiral Headband|
|Spanish (NOA)||Cinta lujosa||Cinta lujosa|
- North America
Headgear in Splatoon 2