The Eel-Cake Hat is headgear in Splatoon 2.
It is a 3-star item produced by SquidForce and comes with the primary ability Quick Respawn. It can be obtained by visiting the FrostyFest news article on the Nintendo Switch News application. It can also be purchased from SplatNet Gear Shop for 12,300.
The Eel-Cake Hat is a brimmed hat designed to look like a pink cake on a plate with white icing and multicolored eels sticking out of the top. Most of the eels are striped, but one is spotted. The cake portion is decorated with stars and shiny stones, and there are two words in multicolored Inkling letters on the front. The color of the hat's brim changes to match the wearer's ink.
How to obtain
- Open the Nintendo Switch News application and select the article about FrostyFest.
- Select the "Play Splatoon 2" button located at the bottom of the article to start Splatoon 2.
- Open the box that appears in the middle of Inkopolis Square.
If this does not work, start over at step 1, or view the video demonstration below.
The Eel-Cake Hat comes with Quick Respawn as a main ability. As a 3-star item, the Eel-Cake Hat has three additional slots for secondary abilities. Since it is made by the SquidForce brand, it has a higher chance of rolling Ink Resistance Up and a lower chance of rolling Ink Saver (Main) to fill its secondary ability slots.
- The Eel-Cake Hat may have been inspired by garden eels, which stick their heads out of burrows in the sea floor. The hat's Japanese name more specifically refers to the spotted garden eel.
- Despite being a limited item not available in Headspace, the Eel-Cake Hat can still be ordered from Murch. This functionality is shared with the other headgear from FrostyFest, the Festive Party Cone, New Year's Glasses DX, and Twisty Headband.
A battle at Blackbelly Skatepark, with two Inklings wearing Eel-Cake Hats.
Names in other languages
Happī Chin-Anago Hatto
|Happy Spotted Garden Eel Hat|
- North America
Headgear in Splatoon 2