The Kyonshi Hat is headgear in Splatoon 2.
It is a 3-star item produced by SquidForce and comes with the primary ability Run Speed Up. It can be obtained by visiting the Splatoween news article on the Nintendo Switch news channel.
The Kyonshi Hat is a rimmed black cap with stripes in the user's ink color. There is a ball on top of the cap and a braid dangling from its back, both in the ink color as well. In front of the face hangs a sealing scroll with text that glows in the dark. The wearer will also have two red stickers on their cheeks.
How to obtain
- Open the Nintendo Switch News application and select the article about Splatoween.
- The article is titled Free Download! Celebrate Splatoween with this spooky in-game gear.
- If the article is not visible, subscribe to Squid Research Lab Report (NA) or Squid Research Lab Bulletin (EU) and allow time for the news application to update with Splatoon-related news.
- Select the "Happy Splatoween" button located at the bottom of the article to start Splatoon 2.
- Open the box that appears in the middle of Inkopolis Square.
If this does not work, start over at step 1, or view the video demonstration below.
The Kyonshi Hat comes with Run Speed Up as a main ability. As a 3-star item, the Kyonshi Hat has three additional slots for secondary abilities. Since it is made by the SquidForce brand, it has a higher chance of rolling Ink Resistance Up and a lower chance of rolling Ink Saver (Main) to fill its secondary ability slots.
- This gear is a reference to Jiang Shi, or Chinese vampires - called Kyonshī in Japanese
- The Japanese name of this gear is a pun on this word with "kyon-kyon", an onomatopoeia for bouncing, as Jiang Shi are known to jump around.
Names in other languages
|French (NOE)||Chapeau kyonshi||Kyonshi hat|
|Italian||Copricapo Kyonshi||Kyonshi headgear|
|Jiang shi hat|
|Spanish (NOE)||Sombrero embrujado||Haunted hat|
Headgear in Splatoon 2